• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Reason Iowa Lost Yesterday

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dmrdc5-61cbocrkz83i32uxb2l_original-300x213.jpg

Bachmann-IIAS-450x320.jpg

Political football? Bachmann meets Iowans at ISU/Iowa tailgate | Iowa Caucuses

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She doesn't look too confident with that spatula

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you were gonna say Confidante picked Iowa to win. This is a less acceptable excuse.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you were gonna say Confidante picked Iowa to win. This is a less acceptable excuse.

That is what I have been saying. Still trying to find where he says it.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just grasping at straws here.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reaosn Iowa lost is that we have a head coach that doesnt believe in his players or his staff to make a play when they need to. Im so fucking sick of watching Iowa play for overtime that it makes me crazy. This isnt the first time Iowa has had the ball, had timeouts, and only needed 1 or 2 plays to get into FG range yet we basically take a knee. If you dont trust your staff or your players then you need a new staff and you need new players.

mm03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The reaosn Iowa lost is that we have a head coach that doesnt believe in his players or his staff to make a play when they need to. Im so fucking sick of watching Iowa play for overtime that it makes me crazy. This isnt the first time Iowa has had the ball, had timeouts, and only needed 1 or 2 plays to get into FG range yet we basically take a knee. If you dont trust your staff or your players then you need a new staff and you need new players.

I made a post in the other thread already about this kinda. The 4th and 1 was the worse call of the game by Kirk imo. ISU had full momentum with their offense and we needed a TD there instead of 3. The Hawks were deep in ISU territory and needed 1 yard for 3 attempts at 6.. Instead they go for 3 and I knew right away the game was going to OT when that call was made.

I don't think it's an easy fix for the Hawks on offense. Even if they get more aggressive on offense which yes I absolutely agree they should. We still have Ken O'keefe.. I just have no faith in him :\

The best play to come out of the Hawkeyes in the last 5 years on offense was setup/designed by McNutt not our actual offensive coordinator. That says it all imo.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a post in the other thread already about this kinda. The 4th and 1 was the worse call of the game by Kirk imo. ISU had full momentum with their offense and we needed a TD there instead of 3. The Hawks were deep in ISU territory and needed 1 yard for 3 attempts at 6.. Instead they go for 3 and I knew right away the game was going to OT when that call was made.

I don't think it's an easy fix for the Hawks on offense. Even if they get more aggressive on offense which yes I absolutely agree they should. We still have Ken O'keefe.. I just have no faith in him :\

The best play to come out of the Hawkeyes in the last 5 years on offense was setup/designed by McNutt not our actual offensive coordinator. That says it all imo.

While I dont agree with kicking a FG in the 3rd OT I can at least understand why you do it. I cannot, however, come up with any feasible reason that you dont try to score when theres a minute and a half left and you have 2 TO's at the end of regulation. Vandy hasnt thrown a pick all year, hasnt come close to throwing a pick yet the " safer" play is to give the ball to Coker who has fumbled 3 times in 50 carries this year?? Bullshit. You dont see Bama, LSU, FLorida, Ohio State, Oklahoma etc taking a knee when they could try and win the game do you?? Hell no. Our coach is more scared of making a mistake than he is of losing a game.For all that Les Miles gets made fun of for his late game coaching he at least makes mistakes when he is trying to win. Id be happier if Iowa had lost 31-24 on a late game pick 6 than I am with what actually happened. At least then Id see a coach that was trying to win a game.

Goothrey

Savor the Flavor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They lost because they went up against a better team.

Two missed fields and two fumbles inside the 10 yard line for the cyclones and ISU still won.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two missed fields and two fumbles inside the 10 yard line for the cyclones and ISU still won.

Iowa State played great, much better than I thought they were but that doesnt change the fact Iowa had an opportunity to win the game and still chose to play like pussies.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sarcasm. It's something that you don't learn in veterinary school.

That and no.

Iowa State played great, much better than I thought they were but that doesnt change the fact Iowa had an opportunity to win the game and still chose to play like pussies.

This.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo .... you are saying ..... Iowa beat Iowa? :pound:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo .... you are saying ..... Iowa beat Iowa? :pound:

Hell no, Iowa State should have won by more. Thats not the point though. The point is that Iowa could have won and chose to play for OT instead of go for a W that they didnt even really deserve. The Hawks played terrible and still could have won but typical Ferentz coaching gave them a L

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What? We were up 10 and put the brakes on, running Coker 38 times and tiring him out as opposed to throwing to McNutt and Davis who are at least 6" taller than the guys covering them. That's us beating ourselves.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing against you or Iowa personally.
I just find it funny that Oregon Duck comes on and says that Oregon beat Oregon and he is persecuted as a poor loser.

Not trying to pick a fight or anything just pointing out inconsistencies on the board.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing against you or Iowa personally.
I just find it funny that Oregon Duck comes on and says that Oregon beat Oregon and he is persecuted as a poor loser.

Not trying to pick a fight or anything just pointing out inconsistencies on the board.

Ah.

It's cool. ODucks gets that because from his first post he was known as a huge homer. When Iowa gets beat, I admit it. This game, however, we beat ourselves.