• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Reason I stopped by ......

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious on if you guys know anything about your teams name for next year (or whenever).

Have you guys heard anything, if so what is the name gonna change too?

Or I guess. What are the rumors?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious on if you guys know anything about your teams name for next year (or whenever).

Have you guys heard anything, if so what is the name gonna change too?

Or I guess. What are the rumors?
Haven’t heard much. They’ve received a whole lot of suggestions from fans, but they’ve not said if they have a name picked. There’s also been talk of it remaining football team. I sure the hell hope not

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven’t heard much. They’ve received a whole lot of suggestions from fans, but they’ve not said if they have a name picked. There’s also been talk of it remaining football team. I sure the hell hope not
you might as well just call them the Washington PC's & get it over with if that were true! :L

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
red wolves is the fan favorite in social media followed by red tails

my personal choice is warriors with our B&g theme and the lance
I could get behind this ^^^^^^ Washington Warriors has a nice flow imo and I'd dig it if something was kept from the Redskins era including the colors. Unfortunately I don't see it happening as there's been a lotta push back against keeping anything seen as Native American in nature. Though I'm not sure if any ethnic group can lay claim to a spear with some feathers tied to it as their own.

I think when its all said n done. The color scheme along with everything else will be changed. Especially if Snyder loses the team which I believe is paramount if the franchise is to attain the status it once had. That bastard is a permanent pox on the entire organization and needs to be removed.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could get behind this ^^^^^^ Washington Warriors has a nice flow imo and I'd dig it if something was kept from the Redskins era including the colors. Unfortunately I don't see it happening as there's been a lotta push back against keeping anything seen as Native American in nature. Though I'm not sure if any ethnic group can lay claim to a spear with some feathers tied to it as their own.

I think when its all said n done. The color scheme along with everything else will be changed. Especially if Snyder loses the team which I believe is paramount if the franchise is to attain the status it once had. That bastard is a permanent pox on the entire organization and needs to be removed.
more then just Native Americans used spears in battle

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another very real issue is what happens if DC becomes a state in its own right. Will there be pushback on DC or Washington being the collective representation of the DMV area. Wouldn’t bother me but an interesting wrinkle in all this.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors would be a great name. It's a shame that things have become so difficult. Good luck with the name.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Washington Rhinoceroses

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is because people are racist against Native Americans being represented. Trying to weed us out of sports. :)

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more then just Native Americans used spears in battle

Hence the reason I wrote I'm not sure if any ethnic group can lay claim to a spear with feathers tied to it as their own.
I think Warriors would be good.
It rolls with the name of Washington.
Native Americans can think it represents them.
if your Black you can look at Zulu Warriors.
If you are whatever race, I am sure through History there is some sort of warriors.
Besides that. My favorite Redskins helmet was the one with the spear on it.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever the team name ends up being it will be laughed at... the laughter will come from the same people who now laugh at the temporary name WFT even though they were the ones ridiculing the team for NOT changing it year after year. Hypocrite idiots.

In order for a name to gain respect you have to win... if u remain a joke team the name remains a joke too. Would love if they got away from anything with red in new name. That era should be gone. A complete make over. Black and white color uniforms to represent the two majority races in the NFL. Bad ass new age uniforms are a must with new name.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Confidence i can say the new name will be Washington The Burgundy and Gold same unis we have now its so bad but yet so good and differnt. As a guy in marketing there logo has a field of dreams feel to it like a 1940 ish time era ..if you build it people will come Washington will represent what football used to be

Last edited:

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though stragtic logo and color schemes we will repersent History

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Burgundy and Gold part of this team better NEVER change....that would be a bridge too far for me.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need to get away with the race thing altogether .. just pick a theme that you like and so be it

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need to get away with the race thing altogether .. just pick a theme that you like and so be it
Redskins wasnt a race thing until Politicians & corporate America made into one.
I think it is ridiculous for Non Native Americans to claim/demand they should be represented by sports teams.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins wasnt a race thing until Politicians & corporate America made into one.
I think it is ridiculous for Non Native Americans to claim/demand they should be represented by sports teams.
Not talking about that I am talking about team colors honoring whites and blacks as mentioned above

I am totally against the name change

but let’s also keep the politics off the board . It’s a rule