• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: The Rangers Travel to Colorado to Play the Rockies May 10-12

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The injuries make it hard on a team but they put themselves in the position they have with poor decision making when it came to filling out the bullpen in the offseason.

To exacerbate the issue, the really poor choices on who to bring in, at critical junctures of the game, when you’re trying to win, makes it so much worse. Bochy and Maddux use of the bullpen has sucked most of last year and so far this year as well. Piss poor
What BP. I agree completely on the incompetence to build a BP but completely disagree on the handling of the BP. It's a crapshoot. The choices are few and far between. And last night he brought Robertson in at the right time and we still imploded.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of walks ouch

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad the BP blew it last night. Even Robertson had a bad game. But he and Yates are 39 and 37 years old respectively.
We can’t overuse them or they will have dead arms come postseason

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson Coleman has had a setback and will not pitch this year.

This is 2014 all over again.
In 2014 we were 20-19 on May 12.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What BP. I agree completely on the incompetence to build a BP but completely disagree on the handling of the BP. It's a crapshoot. The choices are few and far between. And last night he brought Robertson in at the right time and we still imploded.
The poor performance by Robertson last night was a first and likely not a regular occurrence. The call for Hernandez today was not a good one in my opinion in a one run game because he walks guys every time he’s brought in. There was a runner at 2nd and less than two outs.

I don’t know who all was available but there had to have been other options like Latz or someone there which may not have been the ideal matchup but he likely doesn’t walk 3 and a run in. 2 runs bs. A bad Rockies team leaves little room for error. The calls I was referring to were not about this series completely either.

It goes back to the lack of signings though. There aren’t any options out there that don’t stink most of the time. Frustrating knowing the glaring problem that never gets addressed

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The poor performance by Robertson last night was a first and likely not a regular occurrence. The call for Hernandez today was not a good one in my opinion in a one run game because he walks guys every time he’s brought in. There was a runner at 2nd and less than two outs.

I don’t know who all was available but there had to have been other options like Latz or someone there which may not have been the ideal matchup but he likely doesn’t walk 3 and a run in. 2 runs bs. A bad Rockies team leaves little room for error. The calls I was referring to were not about this series completely either.

It goes back to the lack of signings though. There aren’t any options out there that don’t stink most of the time. Frustrating knowing the glaring problem that never gets addressed
Latz pitched. Couldn't get either of the 2 lefties he faced out. The run that JHern walked in was Latz's. I love what Robertson has done. My point is Bochy made the right move last night but it just didn't work out.
I agree 100% on that last paragraph.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Latz already pitched. I think massive injuries like SBorz Dunning Eovaldi and Bradford forced guys up like Yerrry and Cole

They added DRob and Nirbt on a tight buidgrf
This is not counting the pitching injuries
So JHern as bad as he is was more logical than Kirby who I think was it.

To me we have been walking the tightrope for now until reinforcements

But we scored. 6 runs that series. Injuries to the bats and some tough luck

Better times ahead me thinks

In the meanwhile maybe we non roster JHern or Yerry and give a guy like Kelly his shof

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latz already pitched. I think massive injuries like SBorz Dunning Eovaldi and Bradford forced guys up like Yerrry and Cole

They added DRob and Nirbt on a tight buidgrf
This is not counting the pitching injuries
So JHern as bad as he is was more logical than Kirby who I think was it.

To me we have been walking the tightrope for now until reinforcements

But we scored. 6 runs that series. Injuries to the bats and some tough luck

Better times ahead me thinks

In the meanwhile maybe we non roster JHern or Yerry and give a guy like Kelly his shof
I agree with we have been walking a tightrope. I too would like to see Kelly get a shot. With JHern and Yerry we keep getting the same results. White was terrible at AAA and with the Rangers and Winn has been a big failure.
I know we lost Jung was really big but we should be doing better than this on offense.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These injuries are really mounting up. They may be more than a team can endure. When Lowe was our only new injury coming out of Spring Training we were able to still play well, and built I'm some cushion. That cushion is just about gone as the injuries, under-performances, and disappointments continue to mount.

Bochy has once again made some questionable decisions and CY made a very questionable trade, and neither of those things have helped matters. Those decisions are greatly magnified when the offense scores so few runs and the bullpen is so shallow. If we had had less injuries and if guys like Seager, and Adolis at times, had not have underperformed to so great of a degree, then Bochy's decisions would not be as crucial.

There is a whole lot of blame to go around and a lot of folks share in it. Just because there are a lot of folks to be blamed, that should not lessen the blame on each individual though. Sometimes it is easy to cast a wide net of blame and cause it to look like no one should be singled out. I am not trying to do that. A lot of folks should be singled out.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latz pitched. Couldn't get either of the 2 lefties he faced out. The run that JHern walked in was Latz's. I love what Robertson has done. My point is Bochy made the right move last night but it just didn't work out.
I agree 100% on that last paragraph.
I never have a problem when the right move doesn't work out. Friday, I believe the wrong moves were made, and I would have had a problem with that even if it had worked out.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you're that high above sea level the air is somewhat thinner there so some pitches don't work the same, not the same amount of break. If you aren't used to that and don't change your repertoire or your spots somewhat you won't be very effective...

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never have a problem when the right move doesn't work out. Friday, I believe the wrong moves were made, and I would have had a problem with that even if it had worked out.
I did not like pulling Urena. He had two outs and was better than any choice out of the BP. Prehaps the right move was made but the choices said, no.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1