• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Players Championship 2017

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny stuff....and that was after a 66. I'd like to hear him after today's round...he's 5 over for the round as I type this.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vijay's Caddy quit after the Players.

Vijay always seemed to be a guy that is hard to get along with. His past is littered with confrontations.

I'm willing to bet that when the wheels fell off after being in such contention ...that Vijay's attitude was just not worth the compensation.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vijay's Caddy quit after the Players.

Vijay always seemed to be a guy that is hard to get along with. His past is littered with confrontations.

I'm willing to bet that when the wheels fell off after being in such contention ...that Vijay's attitude was just not worth the compensation.

Brian Katrek...one of the golf beat writers does a Sat morning golf show on sports talk radio here...he's been around the game and the players a long time. According to him, there's not very many people on tour that like VJ at all. Norman never really got over the "alleged" cheating scandal on the Asian or Euro tour...I forget which, but he was kicked off a pro tour.

The younger players respect him, but have little to say to him. When he sued the tour, that pissed off the veteran guys like Mickelson, Furyk, etc....basically there are a few international guys on tour that are friendly with him...he mentioned KJ Choi.

Great player, HOFer, made a boat load of cash, but from the sounds of it, not many people on tour care much for him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hats off the Si Woo Kim...at 21, the young S. Korean now living in Dallas became the youngest player to win the Players.

What did his bogey free final round 69 get him? The bounty on top of his $1.89 mil check.

• 5 yr exemption on the PGAT
  • 3 yr exemption at the Masters, USO, PGA
Although he has already won on tour, the kid should be set for life now at the win also vaults him to 28 in the WGR so he'll be in the cash grab WGC events at least thru next season.

On the flip...JB Holmes, in the final group...shot 84.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hats off the Si Woo Kim...at 21, the young S. Korean now living in Dallas became the youngest player to win the Players.

What did his bogey free final round 69 get him? The bounty on top of his $1.89 mil check.

• 5 yr exemption on the PGAT
  • 3 yr exemption at the Masters, USO, PGA
Although he has already won on tour, the kid should be set for life now at the win also vaults him to 28 in the WGR so he'll be in the cash grab WGC events at least thru next season.

On the flip...JB Holmes, in the final group...shot 84.

If they hooked up an EKG to that kid ...his print out would have shown the same heart rate on the practice range as it did on the last drive on 18 with all water on the left.

It's guys like that who could become an assassin on the tour.

And some day somebody will have to explain to me why south Korean women can take over one tour but the men never took over the other.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they hooked up an EKG to that kid ...his print out would have shown the same heart rate on the practice range as it did on the last drive on 18 with all water on the left.

It's guys like that who could become an assassin on the tour.

And some day somebody will have to explain to me why south Korean women can take over one tour but the men never took over the other.

18...IDK about that one...he hit it solid but it was turning over. His heart rate had to jump a few points there until he saw it hit land.

Korean dominance...just my opinion.

The mens tours are just too competitive. The depth of the tour is over 150 deep just to get out there.

The women...once you get past the top 30 or so, the depth was not that strong at all so the entrance point to get on tour was a lot lower. Every week, you look at the bottom of the leaderboard you'll have 10-15 girls shooting in the 80s. On the PGAT, you have a few.

I think the young Koreans that come straight from Korea are just all business....100% golf. The ones that go to college here and get a taste of the American life style don't seem to be as dominant.

The American and Euro girls that have had a little success like a Creamer, or Lexi Thompson, etc. I think they look at the tour as a means to a nice lifestyle. Some are getting married, making money on endorsements, being the best player in the world I don't get the sense it's that important to them.

Then with some exceptions they peak pretty quickly. The young girl Lydia Ko that was lighting the tour on fire and was #1 in the world for a while seems to be cooling off already.