• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the pen needs to be rebuilt

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's obvious they can't or won't trade papelbon, so he stays as closer for now. ken giles needs to be brought up as the 8th inning guy. future closer, it's a perfect spot for him now. despite a 2 something era at lehigh, aumont cannot stop walking people. his whip is something like 1.60 i believe. he's done. i never liked rosenberg. diekman has potential, but just doesn't get the job done overall. from what he's done in the minors and so far at the majors, hollands is worth keeping. adams, not worth it because of age. bastardo, still here. so basically we'd have..

closer: papelbon
setup: giles
random: bastardo, hollands

that's 4 guys. this constant up and down of random scrubs and borderline players needs to stop. they need to find a couple consistent, under 30 relievers to trade for and then sign another this offseason.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The word right now on 100-mile Giles is he's the fastest but walks too many - 5.8 per nine. Hard throwers like . Nolan Ryan were the same and eventually settled down. It unlikely, but I'd love to see him get a callup by September.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams will continue to pitch. He still has to work out the kinks. They are paying him too much bucks and they are hoping to get a return for the money. This bullpen has been shuffled and changed almost constantly so it's not like the Phillies brass aren't trying to fix it. Paps is pitching better than most expected so that is a plus. There is no quick fix available for the bullpen so we will need to be patient.

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree with _phiLLies_ , there is nobody worthy of a call up from lehigh valley, other than the usually cast of characters that have been up many times (Rosenberg, aumont, defratus, etc). Giles has been lights out so far this year and should make the leap to the phillies now. there is nothing to lose!

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, it is probably a good idea to bring up Giles sometime this year if possible. If Papelbon is not getting the job done next year you can give him some closing opportunities and make sure Papelbon's vesting option doesn't kick in.