• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Patriots latest cheating allegations a go-go super poll of plausible deniability

Which of the following is true about the Patriots and this latest series of magically appearing NFL

• The Patriots were caught bugging players hotel rooms. Bugs were found after sweeps.

• The Patriots stole team play sheets of 1st 15 plays.. They were caught doing so.

• The Patriots were caught sending fake reporters into opposing locker rooms to steal info.

• The Patriots were caught rummaging thru players hotel rooms trash for info.

• The Patriots were caught jamming opposing teams communications.

• The Patriots have mind fucked the entire league. By kickoff, they were/are already in teams heads.

Results are only viewable after voting.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sauerbrun ended up with the Patriots that year after his suspension ran out.

And, I'm not saying that it's OK for bad players to cheat. I'm just saying that their cheating didn't help the overall performance of the team since they weren't starters or regular contributors.

Also, use of extra-curricular substances has been going on in pro football for over 50 years, as reported in this article:

The Steelers, Steroids, and Profound Misconceptions | Bleacher Report

According to the author, steroid use started in pro football with the 1963 Chargers, who had a strength coach by the name of Alvin Roy. Here is an excerpt from this article:

Per ESPN's article, Hall of Fame offensive tackle Ron Mix states,

"I still remember his speech, almost verbatim....He said, 'Because you're going to be lifting weights in addition to working out twice a day, you're going to need more protein.' And he said, 'When I was a trainer for the U.S. team in the Olympics, I learned a secret from those Rooskies.' And he held up a bottle of pink pills, and he says, 'This stuff is called Dianabol and it's going to help assimilate protein and you'll be taking it every day.' And, sure enough, it showed up on our training tables in cereal bowls."

Per Mix, the team that year made it "mandatory" that the players took Roy's pills with each meal.

"I think less than 5 percent of the guys never took them," says Paul Maguire, a former linebacker and punter and longtime announcer who now works for ESPN. "No one really understood what it was supposed to do for you. They just told you if you use this and lift weights, it will all come together. But if you weren't going to lift weights, you weren't going to take the pills."

Translation: 95% of the Chargers were taking the roids.

This goes against the misconception that the Steelers introduced steroids to the NFL. It was rampant all around the league, and the use of extra-curricular substances is probably still pretty widespread today. Every team has abusers.

I will tell you what every team was not doing, though: What the Pats were doing (at least not to the level that they were doing it. And, I know that Jimmy Johnson and Bill Cowher said that everyone does it, but they work for the league, so I don't buy it). It possibly netted them three Super Bowls, and maybe even four.

So your response is "Well PEDs are cheating, but everyone was doing it, so it's okay"? Gee that kind of sounds familiar. Where have I heard that before. And then to go on to say that when Jimmy Johnson and Bill Cowher say that everyone was spying to some extent, they're lying because they "work for the league"?!? Unbelievable. (They work for Fox and CBS respectively, btw).

This is a very long winded way to say "My team's cheating is okay, your team's cheating is bad." "I choose to believe people who say that everyone was cheating in the same manner as my favorite team. I choose not to believe the people who say everyone was cheating in the manner of the Patriots."

Really - your outrage/moral high ground couldn't be more flimsy.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your response is "Well PEDs are cheating, but everyone was doing it, so it's okay"? Gee that kind of sounds familiar. Where have I heard that before. And then to go on to say that when Jimmy Johnson and Bill Cowher say that everyone was spying to some extent, they're lying because they "work for the league"?!? Unbelievable. (They work for Fox and CBS respectively, btw).

This is a very long winded way to say "My team's cheating is okay, your team's cheating is bad." "I choose to believe people who say that everyone was cheating in the same manner as my favorite team. I choose not to believe the people who say everyone was cheating in the manner of the Patriots."

pathetic isnt it?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear what you are saying and do believe every team, coach, and player tries to do all it/he can to gain an advantage, but it's the arrogance or perceived arrogance that I question.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear what you are saying and do believe every team, coach, and player tries to do all it/he can to gain an advantage, but it's the arrogance or perceived arrogance that I question.

I don't doubt that. BB no doubt comes off as a class A douche to opponents fans (and opponents and probably his own players to some extent - see, e.g., when Welker got busted for ripping Rex Ryan's foot fetish). I also agree that he is an arrogant SOB that is used to pushing the limits even when he knows that he's overstepping.

I just take issue with people getting up on their soapbox and exclaiming that "If my team cheated, I would be appalled. But my team doesn't cheat." Then when you point out that their team has cheated, they start making flimsy excuses to distinguish the cheating.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Patriots cheating threads disappearing from page one was short lived! Lol~

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt that. BB no doubt comes off as a class A douche to opponents fans (and opponents and probably his own players to some extent - see, e.g., when Welker got busted for ripping Rex Ryan's foot fetish). I also agree that he is an arrogant SOB that is used to pushing the limits even when he knows that he's overstepping.

I just take issue with people getting up on their soapbox and exclaiming that "If my team cheated, I would be appalled. But my team doesn't cheat." Then when you point out that their team has cheated, they start making flimsy excuses to distinguish the cheating.

Understand completely. I know I've beaten up Brady over this last issue, but I try not to point too many fingers at the fans for their team support. We're fans that's what we do.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i'm still gay for you in football season.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, use of extra-curricular substances has been going on in pro football for over 50 years, as reported in this article:

The Steelers, Steroids, and Profound Misconceptions | Bleacher Report

According to the author, steroid use started in pro football with the 1963 Chargers, who had a strength coach by the name of Alvin Roy. Here is an excerpt from this article:

Per ESPN's article, Hall of Fame offensive tackle Ron Mix states,

"I still remember his speech, almost verbatim....He said, 'Because you're going to be lifting weights in addition to working out twice a day, you're going to need more protein.' And he said, 'When I was a trainer for the U.S. team in the Olympics, I learned a secret from those Rooskies.' And he held up a bottle of pink pills, and he says, 'This stuff is called Dianabol and it's going to help assimilate protein and you'll be taking it every day.' And, sure enough, it showed up on our training tables in cereal bowls."

Per Mix, the team that year made it "mandatory" that the players took Roy's pills with each meal.

"I think less than 5 percent of the guys never took them," says Paul Maguire, a former linebacker and punter and longtime announcer who now works for ESPN. "No one really understood what it was supposed to do for you. They just told you if you use this and lift weights, it will all come together. But if you weren't going to lift weights, you weren't going to take the pills."

Translation: 95% of the Chargers were taking the roids.

I think that was the last time the Chargers won anything.

th?id=JN.HQjFJ8gGPiZ3A5bFZA3Ziw&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300.jpg

Might be time to dust in there again.

DenBronc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't say any cheating was OK. I just meant that players taking extra-curricular substances is usually an individual thing, and what the Pats were doing came straight from the top (Belichick and Ernie Adams).

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say any cheating was OK. I just meant that players taking extra-curricular substances is usually an individual thing, and what the Pats were doing came straight from the top (Belichick and Ernie Adams).
proof with direct links to the bolded area?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feinstein: Double standard with Patriots 'because they win'
Here, I'll get it for you.....

"When you win, people always want to find a reason why you win. You get all the calls from the officials, or people's headsets go out or footballs are deflated. Take your pick. But if the Patriots would just stop winning people would stop accusing them from doing this."

DenBronc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here, I'll get it for you.....

"When you win, people always want to find a reason why you win. You get all the calls from the officials, or people's headsets go out or footballs are deflated. Take your pick. But if the Patriots would just stop winning people would stop accusing them from doing this."

I read that. This comment below by a user named jonathans was poignant:

Double standard? Are we forgetting the bogus piped in noise complaint that the Pats lodged against the Colts that NE fans clamored on about even after it was disproven? What about the texting scandal with the Browns or the real artificial noise piped in by the Falcons? They all received coverage until the investigations were complete and the punishments were served. Their fans just didn't live in denial or try to find a non-existent conspiracy to explain it all away. Pats fans just love the persecution complex and can't let go of it. The local NE fans ride opposing team's scandals for just as long and just as well when it suits them.

I think that you need to Google the book Spygate: An Untold Story. It will tell you more about the program of espionage that Belichick and Adams have put together.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that. This comment below by a user named jonathans was poignant:

Double standard? Are we forgetting the bogus piped in noise complaint that the Pats lodged against the Colts that NE fans clamored on about even after it was disproven? What about the texting scandal with the Browns or the real artificial noise piped in by the Falcons? They all received coverage until the investigations were complete and the punishments were served. Their fans just didn't live in denial or try to find a non-existent conspiracy to explain it all away. Pats fans just love the persecution complex and can't let go of it. The local NE fans ride opposing team's scandals for just as long and just as well when it suits them.

I think that you need to Google the book Spygate: An Untold Story. It will tell you more about the program of espionage that Belichick and Adams have put together.
Welcome to SportsHoopla. The Patriots bashing should allow you to fit right in. You quote a detractor - fine.
I guess we should buy it because his statement is critical of the Patriots?
Spygate happened and it is really old news.
The Patriots are not responsible for the decline of the wooly mastodon either.....