• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see you here WizardHawk.

I hate Oregon but I've got to say... Honestly I really like the renovations that Oregon has done over the past few years.

I'm looking forward to new Husky Stadium. Before the renovation it was one of the loudest venues in sports, and that was with that ugly ass track keeping the stands super far away. Now that the seats are moved in I can't imagine how loud it's going to get in there.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
husky-stadium.jpg

Nuff said. Even you have to know the new Husky stadium will be the premier stadium in the Pac Mamba. Might be a few with more seats, but none will be louder and none will have that view. I've been down to the site recently and it's just incredible.

Oh, and with the light rail station just outside the main gates at least you can get into the freaking place. Try getting into Autzen on game day.

BTW WizardHawk do you know what the deal is with the light rail station? When is that going to be done and where will it connect to? I honestly have not kept up with the whole light rail thing and I've honestly not even been on it yet. Aren't they going to have it cross into Bellevue?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why doesnt Uncle Phil build more stands instead? 54k is kinda small isnt it?

We put 60k in. Just right for Oregon. We have a lot of things to do in Oregon besides football. On Saturdays though, I dont have anything but football at Autzen on my mind...

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
husky-stadium.jpg

Nuff said. Even you have to know the new Husky stadium will be the premier stadium in the Pac Mamba. Might be a few with more seats, but none will be louder and none will have that view. I've been down to the site recently and it's just incredible.

Oh, and with the light rail station just outside the main gates at least you can get into the freaking place. Try getting into Autzen on game day.

Well the Huskies definitely upgraded that dump. Looks pretty sweet...

But it was never and never will be louder than Autzen. Even with the stupid police sirens and artificially fed crowd noise...

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see you here WizardHawk.

I hate Oregon but I've got to say... Honestly I really like the renovations that Oregon has done over the past few years.

I'm looking forward to new Husky Stadium. Before the renovation it was one of the loudest venues in sports, and that was with that ugly ass track keeping the stands super far away. Now that the seats are moved in I can't imagine how loud it's going to get in there.

If they can cause an earthquake at Husky Stadium like they did at Qwest or whatever they call it I will be impressed. Otherwise it will be the 2nd loudest in the PAC behind Autzen...

And Im no dentist but Oregon uniforms are flossin...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Huskies definitely upgraded that dump. Looks pretty sweet...

But it was never and never will be louder than Autzen. Even with the stupid police sirens and artificially fed crowd noise...

Husky Stadium was measured at over 130db by ESPN on a game that Nebraska came to town. It was one of the loudest stadiums in the nation before the renovation. Over 70% of the seats are lined up with the field and the unique shape and angle of the roof system reflected a bunch more noise down to the field.

That was BEFORE this renovation. Now with all of the seats right up to the field and still 70% of them lined up with it and the roof system I dare say when it is packed it will be not only the loudest stadium in the Pac, but one of the top 5 in the country.

Sorry, but that is one contest Oregon just can't win... And never has.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure, they have a nice facility, but there are no venues in the conference with a better view. There will be something near 10k more seats in HS than Autzen and a better view.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can cause an earthquake at Husky Stadium like they did at Qwest or whatever they call it I will be impressed. Otherwise it will be the 2nd loudest in the PAC behind Autzen.
It doesn't take a genius (read: even a duck can follow this) to see that having a roof reflect sound AND having most of your seats directly over the field creates more sound than an open bowl stadium. Just a fact.

As for beast quake, you can bet if UW makes a big play while you are in town that you won't be able to hear yourself think. You are in for a real surprise if you really think it won't be loud.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Husky Stadium was measured at over 130db by ESPN on a game that Nebraska came to town. It was one of the loudest stadiums in the nation before the renovation. Over 70% of the seats are lined up with the field and the unique shape and angle of the roof system reflected a bunch more noise down to the field.

That was BEFORE this renovation. Now with all of the seats right up to the field and still 70% of them lined up with it and the roof system I dare say when it is packed it will be not only the loudest stadium in the Pac, but one of the top 5 in the country.

Sorry, but that is one contest Oregon just can't win... And never has.

Well, I know the db argument but I can go find one that has Oregon louder. Plus it hasnt been that loud in ol Husky Stadium since 1991...

And the Huskies took a lesson from Oregon on how to maximize sound and bring the seats closer to the field... Just like the Ducks have... Hmmmm?

All I can say is I will be at Husky Stadium and the 10th straight win over the Fuskies is gonna taste OH SO SWEET!!!

tumblr_m5hiemFY171qmwj7qo1_500.gif

Decade of Dominance...

and Wiz, I will save you the time... Cuz....

tumblr_lr3623Jd2U1qls45bo1_500.gif

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I know the db argument but I can go find one that has Oregon louder. Plus it hasnt been that loud in ol Husky Stadium since 1991...

And the Huskies took a lesson from Oregon on how to maximize sound and bring the seats closer to the field... Just like the Ducks have... Hmmmm?

You said it never has been louder and yet bring up that it hasn't been that loud since '91. How loud was Autzen back in those days? Did 500 people show up before they learned to play ball? Seriously doubt they got above a whisper in that era so I'll call :bullshit: on the never has thing.

As for moving closer to the field. Hate to tell you this, but that plan was in the works since the early 90's. Has nothing to do with the Ducks. Shock I know, but not everything in the conference is related to the zero nation.

Problem with your logic though is by moving the seats closer AND keeping the roof/seats over field they take what was already a louder venue (yes, when full which it hasn't been in a while DUH) and makes it louder. Let's just see what happens on opening day. You know you will be watching that game because Nicholls state won't be worth watching will it?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said it never has been louder and yet bring up that it hasn't been that loud since '91. How loud was Autzen back in those days? Did 500 people show up before they learned to play ball? Seriously doubt they got above a whisper in that era so I'll call :bullshit: on the never has thing.

As for moving closer to the field. Hate to tell you this, but that plan was in the works since the early 90's. Has nothing to do with the Ducks. Shock I know, but not everything in the conference is related to the zero nation.

Problem with your logic though is by moving the seats closer AND keeping the roof/seats over field they take what was already a louder venue (yes, when full which it hasn't been in a while DUH) and makes it louder. Let's just see what happens on opening day. You know you will be watching that game because Nicholls state won't be worth watching will it?

Husky Stadium is loud as they get I know. And yes, as a Duck I remember hopin for 5 win seasons... But as 1994 Oregon has a reason to be louder...

ThePick.gif

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What comes up, must go down and it would seem the ducks have had an erection that has lasted more than 4 hours. About time to deflate that ball. We won't need to ask Kiffin for tips on that one.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What comes up, must go down and it would seem the ducks have had an erection that has lasted more than 4 hours. About time to deflate that ball. We won't need to ask Kiffin for tips on that one.

:agree::laugh3:

Well Wiz, Check in with ya later... Gonna go out with my cousins and spotlight a Bobcat.. If lucky enough a Cougar....

And yes. i have a Cougar tag...

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A duck fan thinking Oregon will beat Stanford? :jaw:

Yes, the last time Oregon was on the farm they won, but HELLO... Last time they played they lost at home! I think that has FAR more impact on the next meeting. Stanford has clearly taken another step forward since that last time they played the zeds at home.

All we are certain to see this year is a different team with a different head coach. What we think we will see is a team taking some steps back due to changes at the helm and the distractions of the sanctions that will most likely be handed down prior to the season.

Of course anything can happen, but I'll stick with the odds on this one and take Stanford to easily clinch the north.

Yes and Oregon lost to USC at home in 10 but beat them in LA in 12.
1 year to the next doesn't mean the second will have the same results as the first.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one will mistake the schitzo USC teams with Stanford. UW beat USC in '09 as well.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is just because Team A wins one year, it does not mean the next contest is decided already.

Status
Not open for further replies.