• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-6 weeks healing time 3-5 if only hairline

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see both lockie and mahalak play and make some pass attempts, dammit.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the odds makers like Cal anyway. Who would have ever thought they would see Cal a 7 point favorite over Texas in our lifetime? :noidea: I mean the whole world has been turned upside down hasn't it?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the odds makers like Cal anyway. Who would have ever thought they would see Cal a 7 point favorite over Texas in our lifetime? :noidea: I mean the whole world has been turned upside down hasn't it?
It's crazy.

And to add it opened at -1. Jumped to 7 in hours.

Jexas :tsk:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a lot of short horns jumping off the wagon after the announcement of their AD packing up and hitting the trails.

Still, 7? Cal? Just crazy.

How far can that program keep falling?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising at all. Mack Brown left their offense a smoking crater. It was going to take anyone, even elite coaches 3+ years to rebuild it. It's why top coaches all turned Texas down, even with the Kings ransom they were offering. None of them were willing to be the fall guy for that last coaches sins and damage their legacies. Combine that with the power the boosters expect and wield over the athletic department and few want the job, much to the shock of their general fanbase.

The boosters and alumni want their country club back and appears they're going to get it.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Zona schools vs LA schools will fill two of the spots

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cal QB may just be the BEST in the land this year. Throws darts and moves well in the pocket. Plenty of good/great targets as well.

Cal hasn't been the same since the Beavers beat a then #2 Cal team in Berkley under Tedford with Riley as their QB. FACT!

PAC North beware.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal QB may just be the BEST in the land this year. Throws darts and moves well in the pocket. Plenty of good/great targets as well.

Cal hasn't been the same since the Beavers beat a then #2 Cal team in Berkley under Tedford with Riley as their QB. FACT!

PAC North beware.
Don't think we aren't concerned when Cal comes into our house in a little over a week. That offense is deadly.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal does look tough this year, but their Defense is still suspect and a good pass rush will still test their o-line, I have seen a few things that indicate their O-line is still a bit soft.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, remember back in the SeeBS days we would not only make our picks, we would give our thoughts on what we expect?

Well whether you do or not or were even around for them threads, those convos leading up to the game were pretty cool, so I thought I'd give my takes and hope to hear some of yours.

Week 3 - Friday:

New Mexico @ Arizona State (-28 1/2)
Interested in this one. ASU getting a lot of love with 28.5 points considering they could easily be 0-2. They SHOULD take care of business at home, but by nearly 30 points? IDK :noidea:

Week 3 - Saturday:

Georgia State @ Oregon -45 1/2
Dat broken finger and dat defense worries! Both worry me with a 45.5 cover. Honestly if they are up big like 30 late in the 3rd, I wouldn't blame them for pulling Adams.

Utah St @ Washington -5 1/2
We got a good peak at Utah St, and from what I saw, they have some trouble scoring. Washington cover 5.5 easy! I'll go as far as staying them doggies win by at least two scores!

Colorado @ Colorado State +4 1/2
F'me, this one was hard to pick. Them Buffs looked good last week, hell maybe they should make running the ball their thing they've done so well running it. The only thing, State is their natural rival, beat 'em last year and those Buffalos spun out losing games by 'this much' for the rest of the season.

California @ Texas +6 1/2
What a tale of two programs. One on the rise after dwelling in the cellar and one looking like the cellar is their new home. Is Charlie in trouble in Austin, much like Lane in LA? Was Chucky possibly hired as the fall guy whilst the program builds up for its true long term HC? Anyways, Cal takes it to the Longhorns through the air. Covers by a TD easily.

San Jose State @ Oregon State -7 1/2
Love the Freshman QB, is he starting Wallace? Homeboys got heart! Them Spartans struggle on the road, them Beavs play well enough at home vs similar talent. I think them Beavers cover the TD plus spread in this one.

Wyoming @ Washington State -12 1/2
Them Cowboys are just a hot mess, not that the Cougs are not (LOL). Either way, Leach's aerial attack is more than enough to cover the 12.5 at home, then again, we are talking about Mike. :gaah:

BYU @ UCLA -17
This one scares me a bit. To get those two hail mary's has Mary screaming 'Give it to me Joseph'. Chicks love the long ball. In the end I'm glad the Bruins are at the Rose Bowl for this one. Another notch in the belt for Rosen I suspect, but I'm just not sold on the cover. Those hail mary's can make a team believe they are a team of destiny!

Utah @ Fresno St +2 1/2
On face value, this one seems to be easy money. Will the Bulldogs feel the same way at home? They have always been known for a hella of a defense, except for last week. :L You have to admire what Whittingham is doing in Utah. Them Utes should go into PAC play undefeated and they should cover the 2.5 easily.

N. Arizona @ Arizona -31 1/2
So we have a ranked team playing a local FCS school. There are probably more than a few Lumberjacks who were told they were 'not good enough' to make it as a Wildcat. Well here's their chance for redemption. Story sound familiar? All's I'm saying, those Lumberjacks can jack up the scoreboard and 31.5 is a lot of points!

Game of the Week!
Stanford @ Southern California -10 1/2

This seems like a tough pick. (Even tf12 thinks so) I mean 10.5 is not a lot of points considering we have a highly ranked and touted team at home vs a non ranked team on the road. Also considering Hogan has never beat the Trojans in what, 3 tries? I too struggled with this one mainly because these two go toe to toe and the game is usually settled by one score. Then reality sets in, the talent level on the Trojans side just screams a 2 TD plus win at home. However, Stay tuned!

:2cents:

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it that ESPN Game Day is considering coming to Tucson on Sept. 26th for the game against UCLA. It would be a match up between ranked teams so I'm hoping we can land it. Fingers crossed :hope:

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,555.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp were getting the new field put in this weeek. it will be ready for the Cal game. Same type of field that ND has pretty cool. <p style=" margin: 12px auto 6px auto; font-family: Helvetica,Arial,Sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 14px; line-height: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal; -x-system-font: none; display: block;"> <a title="View New field layout at Rice Eccles on Scribd" href="" style="text-decoration: underline;" >New field layout at Rice Eccles</a></p><iframe class="scribd_iframe_embed" src="Scribd" data-auto-height="false" data-aspect-ratio="undefined" scrolling="no" id="doc_3046" width="100%" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Status
Not open for further replies.