• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich Rod is a genius.

doesn't play anyone until mid October it seems like every year. Get those 6 wins early. get a few upsets in October-November, keep your job.

reminds me of Leach when he was at Tech.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the Pacific Northwest fields are, out of necessity. However, those in less damp climates can get away with having real grass.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is players prefer natural grass surfaces.

I remember hearing players complain about that tar getting into their eyes and shoes while playing.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry to hear that. hope she is recovering speedy and well..give her a trip to Eugene, where she can bathe in the waters of the Hatfield Dowlin Complex water. Heard it makes everything about you faster.
Bandages come off tomorrow then they have to decide if she needs another sling graft. Is that the lake with the Mosquitos

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember hearing players complain about that tar getting into their eyes and shoes while playing.
They swallow some of it as well. I do remember a Husky getting an injured eye over that stuff. Doesn't seem like injuries happen often and I can't say you see more or less knee/ACL kind of injuries on it, but I do think the surface is more forgiving than grass so it should be less of those.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They swallow some of it as well. I do remember a Husky getting an injured eye over that stuff. Doesn't seem like injuries happen often and I can't say you see more or less knee/ACL kind of injuries on it, but I do think the surface is more forgiving than grass so it should be less of those.
I'm sure it is...

anyone remember the Beavers old turf field? It was the old turf before field turf came about.

I remember that thing holding water like none other! Water just pooling on it and with each step water would just splash upward.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I absolutely hate posting this picture, but it seems the only one out there I can find regarding the Beavers old field which just pooled water. You can clearly see in this photo how bad water sat on that thing.

5228493556_1ccf0c02da_o.jpg

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW had something similar prior to 2000 when they switched to field turf. I can remember how bad it was. There were so many injuries on it. That's what prompted them to switch to a largely unproven field turf out of desperation. Those puddles were slick and gave funny bounces.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In a perfect world all the fields would be grass, but those of us that live/lived in Oregon and Washington know having a grass surface during football season takes more maintenance than it's worth, and even then is a bad playing surface

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a perfect world all the fields would be grass, but those of us that live/lived in Oregon and Washington know having a grass surface during football season takes more maintenance than it's worth, and even then is a bad playing surface
Dem fhegs from across the pond won't play on it.
Century Link is field turf and the Sounders play their games on it. When teams from the EPL come over for 'friendlies' they have to actually come in and put real grass over the top of the turf because they won't play on anything but grass.

Yeah yeah, soccer is fer deh gheys anyway and all that.

Who doesn't love a grass field, but there are plenty of places that are grass that really shouldn't be. That shit field the redskins play on is one of them. If they can't figure out how to keep that field safe they should remove it and go turf. Seems to me the Bears play on a field that gets bad as well. Leave the grass for climates where they can be managed well.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember HS football games dubbing all their games "mud bowl" By mid to late October.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this, I just don't know if them Ducks go this route, if it will be enough for the cover.

45.5 is a lot of freaking points to give up!

Which brings me to @SeeYouNT rating of my reply to mamba regarding my 'dat' comment with a dislike.

Most football peeps know this comes from the Saints as in... 'Who dat? Dat dem Saints'. It's not a negative thing at all, just a figure of speech, and considering the circumstances of Oregon QB's broken finger and the performance of that Duckie defense put out against an FCS school in G1, those comments were fair.
Did you see the performance Oregon D gave against MSU? held them to one of their lowest production in the last couple years. I believe that in week 1 they plaid it basic as to not give MSU anything much to look at as far as blitz packages, cover and rush schemes and so forth.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw in the Pac 12 blog on ESPN that Oregon State was using comic books in recruitin featuring the recruits as heroes. Congrats Oregon State for doing something Oregon did 12 years ago.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw in the Pac 12 blog on ESPN that Oregon State was using comic books in recruitin featuring the recruits as heroes. Congrats Oregon State for doing something Oregon did 12 years ago.
And they are wearing white for second time in last 3 home game at Reeser.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich Rod is a genius.

doesn't play anyone until mid October it seems like every year. Get those 6 wins early. get a few upsets in October-November, keep your job.

reminds me of Leach when he was at Tech.
Well he has been getting huge bumps in rankings by beating the Ducks the last two years. If the Ducks stop getting beat by the Fighting Rich Rods, they'll stop getting boosts in the rankings.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he has been getting huge bumps in rankings by beating the Ducks the last two years. If the Ducks stop getting beat by the Fighting Rich Rods, they'll stop getting boosts in the rankings.
What do you mean if? Oregon destroyed Arizona in their last meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.