• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was 16 to 13 and almost tied at the end of the game on that FG attempt for Petes sake you didn't dominate anything. Neither team had an offense good enough to score on pretty pedestrian defenses.
Stats Boise UW
1st downs 21-11
Yards 337-179
TOP 34-25
Rushing 185-29

I agree, though, that a game is a lot more than stats, Boise also had 2 turnovers, and a horrible punt game. But I'd be careful about calling Boise's defense pedestrian.

But you are wrong, Boise did dominate a lot of things, just not everything. And when the bowl committees vote at the end of the year, the only thing they'll see is the W.

Besides, we wish Coach Pete well, and if anyone plays us close, it will be him, who knows the offense inside out. And no one in Washington wants Sark back, at least they have that one on you So. Cal. folks.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats Boise UW
1st downs 21-11
Yards 337-179
TOP 34-25
Rushing 185-29

I agree, though, that a game is a lot more than stats, Boise also had 2 turnovers, and a horrible punt game. But I'd be careful about calling Boise's defense pedestrian.

But you are wrong, Boise did dominate a lot of things, just not everything. And when the bowl committees vote at the end of the year, the only thing they'll see is the W.

Besides, we wish Coach Pete well, and if anyone plays us close, it will be him, who knows the offense inside out. And no one in Washington wants Sark back, at least they have that one on you So. Cal. folks.

Dude it was 16 to 13. It wasnt 42 to 30 or 28 to 10 . You didn't dominate anything when you scored 16 and went a whole half at home without scoring (the second half mind you).

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leach, what have you done to the Cougs?

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The South needs to pick up some wins and keep this Suck infection contained to the North. Losses to Hawaii, Northwestern and Portland fucking State so far. Also a mediocre Boise team. Close game against UTSA.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The South needs to pick up some wins and keep this Suck infection contained to the North. Losses to Hawaii, Northwestern and Portland fucking State so far. Also a mediocre Boise team. Close game against UTSA.

Mediocre?!? According to smiles, they're dominant.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck, we have sunk to new depths...not UW lows but damn. Leach has to be done, no alumni showed up for the game (advised not to) but still pathetic that all home games now are going to be empty in our rinky dink stadium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck, we have sunk to new depths...not UW lows but damn. Leach has to be done, no alumni showed up for the game (advised not to) but still pathetic that all home games now are going to be empty in our rinky dink stadium

You guys protesting against Leach? Why were alumni advised not to show up? Sounds like the writings on the wall for your coach.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God, this is like shooting fish in a barrel.
1. Fans make a huge difference, huge. Of course they don't make a single play, but do you think for one second that the team doesn't sense the support, or lack thereof? In more wins than I can count, a loud Bronco fan base helped pull out a win, like they did last night. You are the dumb one if you don't get that, Wiz.
2. Fu** yes, that dumb argument works, more often than you realize. I've hired kids without the "correct" qualifications because they honestly believed that they could do just about anything. More often than not, they turned into great employees, and went on to experience success. In my own personal life, I've taken on impossible challenges because, yep, I'm that dumb. And you are way too "smart" Wiz, and that makes you hopeless.
3. We weren't sad to see Smith leave, but we had plenty of wins with him. And no, you couldn't have called a better game, Wiz, you can't even win an argument with a dumb guy. Trust me, both sides made calls that in retrospect weren't good. That's why you do film, study them, and make corrections.
4. You bet, Boise had the advantage last night for the reasons you stated. And Boise dominated the statistics, as everyone expected. But damn, football is a funny game. Maybe if those UW kids had gotten a thimble's more worth of confidence, they would have produced a score at the end instead of lame speculation from people that are SUPPOSED to be fans. Sometimes the best team doesn't win, hell, in Boise, we know that better than anyone.
5. "Just the facts?" Goddamn, the facts say Boise dominated the game and held of a furious comeback to win. We'll be in Provo next week, Virginia in 3, and then a full conference slate after that. The "facts" say that historically Boise wins a hell of a lot more than it loses. Everyone's else's speculation concludes that Boise is a lousy team that could never hold its own in any other setting.

Well, I'll take the scoreboard, you can have your dumb opinion.
You gotta do better than this, Wiz.
1. I can guarantee you there hasn't ever been a loss on the field due to the misrepresentation of a fans devotion to their team. You keep asserting that somehow my saying this UW team is beyond young and still trying to find themselves equals acceptance of a status quo or says I'm not a real fan. Neither are true, but you've never been one to let the lack of truth stop you from banging the same drum over and over.

There is nothing I've said up here that has an impact on that field. Period. End of discussion.
2. Your arguments only work in your own mind. That's not the same as them actually having impact on the world around you. You know, that space outside of your fantasy land.
3. So you were happy to see Smith go and then suggest we let him view film and see what corrections he makes. Let me clue you in again here: If he wasn't good enough for the MWC he sure as hell has no business anywhere near big boy football. He belongs at Montana or maybe DII. He can get by at BSU. He has nothing for a P5 school and that is so obvious. Of course you don't know/understand big boy football so I get why you can't see it.
4. So you once again suggest UW lost last night entirely because we, as a fan base, don't support them enough? :L That's just fucking retarded. There is no easier way to say it. You did see how many UW fans were there right? And how loud they were in support correct?

You spend one post telling us we accept mediocrity and then several others saying we are bad fans because we don't blindly believe we are going to win every game every week no matter who it's against. The reality is we expect to have a team where we can feel that way and have not been happy with what has been put in front of us for some time. That's hardly accepting the status quo. If we follow your suggestions we are then rewarding mediocrity.

Win. This is UW. Second place is not acceptable. Period. If you can't win we will be there to hold you accountable. That's big boy football.
5. The 'facts' say you barely beat a young team expected to win 4.5 games at home and needed help to get it. The 'facts' say your offense was shut out at home for an entire half of football. The 'facts' say your conservative vanilla offense got most of its yards in the first half because of missed tackles from the first, and several times, the second man to reach the runner. It wasn't giant holes. The 'facts' say your special teams is garbage. The 'facts' suggest this is the least honed team to open a season for BSU in at least a decade. None of those facts are in dispute.

And of course, the past 'facts' say you will continue to try to spin this shit into something more than it is.

We won't see most other BSU fans doing this stupid shit, it's just you. I'm sure most of them are just happy they got the W and saw the same issues we did. I'm sure most of the rest of your fans don't have their heads buried in the sand. Your offense is not good. And that's being kind. And the rest of your clan knows it. The defense is decent, but that's all that came out of that game.

And yet, all that you have to do is beat one more team and go back to calk walk central playing cream puff after cream puff for the rest of your shitty schedule and claim you are worthy of a big at the final 4 because you barely knocked off a struggling P5 to open the season. We will be ready for your same old shit once again.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alls I can say....

Brett who?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but losing to a FCS team that was 0-14 against the Pac prior to your game and wasn't even a good FCS program to boot is worse than anything you want to put on your big brothers. This is officially a new low in Washington football. Congrats at being the best of the worst.

Total coug job.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The South is going to be such a shit show again (in a good way)

Zona, ASU, USC, Utah, UCLA…. my lawd. Can we donate an LA school for a Washington school? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.