• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Wiz, we did beat Washington. Dominated the statistics and controlled both lines of scrimmage. 10 of the Huskies points came off of special teams miscues, and Boise left at least two scores on the table. We've defeated several PAC teams lately, and neither you not I know how Boise "would" do against anyone, if they don't play. So, I have a simple question for you, old friend,

If you don't think that your team is good enough to win, why in the hell are you cheering for them?:scratch:
So if you have a realistic view of your teams level of play during a rebuilding time you should dump them and bandwagon jump on some other team?

I sat in Husky stadium during their 0-12 season and never stopped wearing my colors. That's my school, and that's my team. I'm there when they win and there when they lose. Seems quite clear you are ready to dump yours if they stop winning though. Good to know you are a bandwagon type fan. Didn't know that about you.

Last year you say? lol. Your QB THIS year was garbage. At least half the yards your team got in the first half were because those young defenders for UW were not wrapping up on first contact. They corrected that as the game went on and were much better in the second half. Despite blanking your team in the second half, they still have a ways to go on those fundamentals. Had they been playing against a real D1 team they wouldn't have shut out that second half.

UW had 9 starting linemen yesterday right? Only TWO of them had EVER played any substantial game time in the past. I've never in my life seen a team with such an unproven and inexperienced crew on both sides of the line to open a season. And they STILL nearly came back.

BSU Is not a top 25 team. That performance at home should put them in the 40's somewhere. Say, BSU 42 and UW maybe 46. That's what I saw on the field.

And LOL at blaming the closeness on special teams. When people have tried that on you in the past you have reminded them that this is part of the game. Your offense was entirely impotent against a defense composed almost entirely of sophomores and freshmen at home and your special teams was entirely pathetic. And yet your team would beat almost any Pac team because of what they've done in prior years more than what they have shown us THIS YEAR.

Hard core spinning, but really dumb man. Your team THIS YEAR is maybe the worst I've seen in more than a decade. And yet because of your cream puff schedule you will still end up ranked.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's part of the problem with UW. They've not achieved at the level they want, and upon the first loss of the year, they are already
a bad team this year

You brought in Petersen to change that culture, so maybe, give him a chance to do so. In Boise, we readily admit that we aren't big time, we readily admit that we've had a ton of lucky breaks. But we went out and earned those lucky breaks, by having precisely that chip on the shoulder that you seem to have lost, Wiz.

Now I don't know about you, perhaps a UW fan should accept mediocrity, but I don't. You bet, I'm dumb. I think that my team could beat anyone, yes, anyone. Why not? If we Bronco fans don't think that way, who will?

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I thought we were a bad team before the first game. Just wasn't around to state my opinion. I thought BSU was going to annihilate us to be honest.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's part of the problem with UW. They've not achieved at the level they want, and upon the first loss of the year, they are already

You brought in Petersen to change that culture, so maybe, give him a chance to do so. In Boise, we readily admit that we aren't big time, we readily admit that we've had a ton of lucky breaks. But we went out and earned those lucky breaks, by having precisely that chip on the shoulder that you seem to have lost, Wiz.

Now I don't know about you, perhaps a UW fan should accept mediocrity, but I don't. You bet, I'm dumb. I think that my team could beat anyone, yes, anyone. Why not? If we Bronco fans don't think that way, who will?

If Boise were anywhere close to the team you think they are they should have beaten Washington much easier.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So by saying other Pac teams would have curb stomped your team last night I'm saying I have no faith that UW will improve this year? And where did any of us say we are satisfied with where they are?

Failed logic is failed.

I honestly think Jonathan Smith will never put a Pac12 worthy offense together and must be replaced in the off season, but I'm encouraged by their advances on defense and special teams. This team is capable of upsetting someone, probably later in the season once those young kids gain some confidence.

This is how you have always operated though. Fail to respond to the points raised and try to turn the conversation into strawman crap like not having a chip on your shoulder or that we are accepting mediocrity.

Point blank: What I saw on THAT field LAST NIGHT from YOUR TEAM THIS YEAR showed me BSU is on a down year to open this season and wouldn't beat anyone other than struggling Pac teams. Your team is NOT a power right now. Your QB was fucking horrible. Just a fact. You were shut out at home for an entire half. AT HOME. That's embarrassing man.

Of course you won't answer to that. It will be some other distraction. That's how you roll.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard core spinning, but really dumb man. Your team THIS YEAR is maybe the worst I've seen in more than a decade. And yet because of your cream puff schedule you will still end up ranked.
You should know me better, after all our exchanges. I was holding ball bags at Bronco stadium as an 8th grader, and haven't missed a home game in 30 years. Bandwagon? :pound:
It's not my fault that UW hasn't been good since Don James left. And yes, I was moaning at the horrible play calling that we did in the 2nd half. We almost gave it back to you and are damn lucky that we didn't. But perhaps one of the reasons that Boise has the best record in D-1 football this Century is that we are dumb enough to belief that we ARE good enough. Lose the defeatist attitude, Wiz. Browning and Pettis are going to be good, really good. Or they will sink to the expectations of their fans. Whatever.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to agree with Wiz, basically any Pac school that has an experienced QB walks out of Boise a winner.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should know me better, after all our exchanges. I was holding ball bags at Bronco stadium as an 8th grader, and haven't missed a home game in 30 years. Bandwagon? :pound:
It's not my fault that UW hasn't been good since Don James left. And yes, I was moaning at the horrible play calling that we did in the 2nd half. We almost gave it back to you and are damn lucky that we didn't. But perhaps one of the reasons that Boise has the best record in D-1 football this Century is that we are dumb enough to belief that we ARE good enough. Lose the defeatist attitude, Wiz. Browning and Pettis are going to be good, really good. Or they will sink to the expectations of their fans. Whatever.
So now it's somehow our team will only play to whatever level fans think they are at today. :L

Has this level of dumb argument ever worked for you in real life? Anywhere?

We know we have talent and the ONLY thing you have seen from our fans is a complete disdain for their OC. Smith isn't Pac12 caliber. He isn't. That game plan for the running game was fucking terrible. I could have called a better game.

So outside of that all anyone has said is we were worried because of the youth starting in that game on the road. An 18y/o kid starting his college career behind a very inexperienced young line on the road. That's being defeatist? No, it's reality. Your team beat a team that was as inexperienced as I've ever seen in my entire life. And needed a couple of bad decisions by that rookie 18y/o late to get it. That tells me all I need to know about BSU this year. It's not 2010 anymore Smiles. It's not 2014 either. BSU is on a down year. Just the facts.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford is about to lose to NW on the road and I have zero doubt they walk out of the smurf turf with a win last night if they had played them. BSU wouldn't have moved the ball on that defense like NW did. You don't have a QB right now.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Stanford as an elite program era is pretty much over. I wondered how things would go when the last of the original turn around crew left and with Parry, Vaughters, Tarpley, Richards, et al. gone now, they just seem like a lesser version of their previous selves. I kind of wonder if this wasn't a case of 2 or 3 really remarkable groups of recruits that got it together and now that they're gone, they'll fade.

I guess we need a new Oregon State now that Riley's gone. Make a mess on your shoes in an early game, then upset a team or two on the way to an 8 win season. Seems like a good role for them.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think Jonathan Smith will never put a Pac12 worthy offense together and must be replaced in the off season, but I'm encouraged by their advances on defense and special teams. This team is capable of upsetting someone, probably later in the season once those young kids gain some confidence.

This is where I'm at, and have been since it was announced Smith was coming over with Coach Pete.

I didn't see the game last night, but like I said, I was expecting a blowout. So theres some room for optimism. Just hoping it proves true. I don't mind being wrong on my pre-season take on UW.

...and I'll never get down on Coach Pete outside of the Smith issue. I believe in his methods. That doesnt mean we arent a bad team though, just that he hasn't had enough time.

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington loss. Check.

Stanford loss. Check

This weekend is starting out great. :martini:

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now it's somehow our team will only play to whatever level fans think they are at today. :L

Has this level of dumb argument ever worked for you in real life? Anywhere?

We know we have talent and the ONLY thing you have seen from our fans is a complete disdain for their OC. Smith isn't Pac12 caliber. He isn't. That game plan for the running game was fucking terrible. I could have called a better game.

So outside of that all anyone has said is we were worried because of the youth starting in that game on the road. An 18y/o kid starting his college career behind a very inexperienced young line on the road. That's being defeatist? No, it's reality. Your team beat a team that was as inexperienced as I've ever seen in my entire life. And needed a couple of bad decisions by that rookie 18y/o late to get it. That tells me all I need to know about BSU this year. It's not 2010 anymore Smiles. It's not 2014 either. BSU is on a down year. Just the facts.
God, this is like shooting fish in a barrel.
1. Fans make a huge difference, huge. Of course they don't make a single play, but do you think for one second that the team doesn't sense the support, or lack thereof? In more wins than I can count, a loud Bronco fan base helped pull out a win, like they did last night. You are the dumb one if you don't get that, Wiz.
2. Fu** yes, that dumb argument works, more often than you realize. I've hired kids without the "correct" qualifications because they honestly believed that they could do just about anything. More often than not, they turned into great employees, and went on to experience success. In my own personal life, I've taken on impossible challenges because, yep, I'm that dumb. And you are way too "smart" Wiz, and that makes you hopeless.
3. We weren't sad to see Smith leave, but we had plenty of wins with him. And no, you couldn't have called a better game, Wiz, you can't even win an argument with a dumb guy. Trust me, both sides made calls that in retrospect weren't good. That's why you do film, study them, and make corrections.
4. You bet, Boise had the advantage last night for the reasons you stated. And Boise dominated the statistics, as everyone expected. But damn, football is a funny game. Maybe if those UW kids had gotten a thimble's more worth of confidence, they would have produced a score at the end instead of lame speculation from people that are SUPPOSED to be fans. Sometimes the best team doesn't win, hell, in Boise, we know that better than anyone.
5. "Just the facts?" Goddamn, the facts say Boise dominated the game and held of a furious comeback to win. We'll be in Provo next week, Virginia in 3, and then a full conference slate after that. The "facts" say that historically Boise wins a hell of a lot more than it loses. Everyone's else's speculation concludes that Boise is a lousy team that could never hold its own in any other setting.

Well, I'll take the scoreboard, you can have your dumb opinion.
You gotta do better than this, Wiz.

Duckfan22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you smiles sometimes attitude, hard work, and confidence, win over talent and ability.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So President Floyd admitted he was ready to fire Paul Wulff had he lost to Montana State, which is a solid FCS school if Leach loses to a shitty Big Sky team he needs to be fired immediately and sued for theft and douchebaggery.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So President Floyd admitted he was ready to fire Paul Wulff had he lost to Montana State, which is a solid FCS school if Leach loses to a shitty Big Sky team he needs to be fired immediately and sued for theft and douchebaggery.
And locked in an equipment shed.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God, this is like shooting fish in a barrel.
1. Fans make a huge difference, huge. Of course they don't make a single play, but do you think for one second that the team doesn't sense the support, or lack thereof? In more wins than I can count, a loud Bronco fan base helped pull out a win, like they did last night. You are the dumb one if you don't get that, Wiz.
2. Fu** yes, that dumb argument works, more often than you realize. I've hired kids without the "correct" qualifications because they honestly believed that they could do just about anything. More often than not, they turned into great employees, and went on to experience success. In my own personal life, I've taken on impossible challenges because, yep, I'm that dumb. And you are way too "smart" Wiz, and that makes you hopeless.
3. We weren't sad to see Smith leave, but we had plenty of wins with him. And no, you couldn't have called a better game, Wiz, you can't even win an argument with a dumb guy. Trust me, both sides made calls that in retrospect weren't good. That's why you do film, study them, and make corrections.
4. You bet, Boise had the advantage last night for the reasons you stated. And Boise dominated the statistics, as everyone expected. But damn, football is a funny game. Maybe if those UW kids had gotten a thimble's more worth of confidence, they would have produced a score at the end instead of lame speculation from people that are SUPPOSED to be fans. Sometimes the best team doesn't win, hell, in Boise, we know that better than anyone.
5. "Just the facts?" Goddamn, the facts say Boise dominated the game and held of a furious comeback to win. We'll be in Provo next week, Virginia in 3, and then a full conference slate after that. The "facts" say that historically Boise wins a hell of a lot more than it loses. Everyone's else's speculation concludes that Boise is a lousy team that could never hold its own in any other setting.

Well, I'll take the scoreboard, you can have your dumb opinion.
You gotta do better than this, Wiz.

It was 16 to 13 and almost tied at the end of the game on that FG attempt for Petes sake you didn't dominate anything. Neither team had an offense good enough to score on pretty pedestrian defenses.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If locked in a closet Leach would summon his inner grizzly bear and break out and his inner vampire and wreak havoc on the Pullman's townspeople.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the facts say Boise dominated the game and held of a furious comeback to win.

Boise beat a team whose over/under for victories is 4.5 and needed a missed field goal at the end of the game to save them. Boise didn't dominate anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.