• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's not a far out prediction. Jesus you guys are touchy... I just commented that ASU seems to always get some preseason hype that they don't live up to. Maybe you'll win the Pac and go to the playoff this year, is that better? I wasn't saying I think you guys will suck...
Not touchy, just curious. After two ten win seasons that could have easily been better, ASU is a viable pick. Particularly in the dogfight of a division with five top 25 teams. But essentially I agree with your thinking. Both USC and UCLA will have to roll over for anyone else to have a chance. It could happen.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More likely that if ASU wins the south they will still have at least a couple of losses and not find themselves in the top 4. The Pac12 South isn't as cake walk as most of the other P5 divisions. The odds that the winner goes undefeated is slim IMO.

And FWIW, I said I liked ASU this year months ago. Both Arizona schools are scary. For all this talk of it being a 3 dog race down there, it's harder than that. It's at least a 4 team race and Utah won't be a total pushover either.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More likely that if ASU wins the south they will still have at least a couple of losses and not find themselves in the top 4. The Pac12 South isn't as cake walk as most of the other P5 divisions. The odds that the winner goes undefeated is slim IMO.

And FWIW, I said I liked ASU this year months ago. Both Arizona schools are scary. For all this talk of it being a 3 dog race down there, it's harder than that. It's at least a 4 team race and Utah won't be a total pushover either.

Agree. I think it comes down to USC, UCLA and the Arizona schools. I don't think Utah can win the South without some major issues/meltdowns by the top 4. But I think that they will have a big say in who does win. I expect them to upset at least 1, maybe 2 of the top 4.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU being a legitimate playoff type team depends on how much the defensive line has improved as a whole. They need to be more disruptive, since blitzes actually got picked up at a fairly high rate last year. There were lots and lots of 1 on 1 matchups that were lost. If the guys that were getting their first PT last year have developed enough that they start winning their heads up and demanding double teams, the defense will be much better since the LBs and secondary are already pretty established as good units. It sounds like Longino has really taken to the Devil backer hybrid rush end position in his second audition, which lets ASU get another really good player on the field in Longino's old Will spot. D.J. Calhoun and Christian Sam are very good and starter ready. I also love the Armand Perry move from Nickel to safety. The way they use their DBs, a safety with legit cover skills is a huge bonus.

I could see the offense taking a little bit of a step back. I don't expect it and think it's just as likely if not moreso they're better on offense, but they did struggle to run when Bercovici was in since they relied on the read option. This year they're expected to try to power it more with big RBs behind a big line, but if they can't run successfully and play action off that, the down the field throws Berco excels at won't be there. The new tackles may be more talented than their predecessors though and the interior 3 are really good. With RBs that are mostly in the 220-240 range, I don't think it's unreasonable that they'll have a better between the tackles ground game and might just beat some teams outright because of it.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, all things being equal, it makes more sense to go with Rosen. if you go with Neuheisel, you only get him for a season or 2 as starter. With Rosen, you get him as starter for 3-4 years.

It does suck for Neuheisel though. He could start for A LOT of programs around the country, but ends up with Hundley, who got some Heisman love and Rosen, a 5 star who some project will be the best QB UCLA's ever had by the time he's done, deciding to go to UCLA.
In this specific case I agree with you TF. That said, I hope the Rosen was clearly ahead of Jerry because like a lot of us in Bruins Nation, we were fine with Jerry, the OL, our running game, ST and defense!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where were we when Graham came on? The Devils have exceeded my expectations since then by far. Won the South one year and were in the championship game following year. If your "expectations" are winning it all every year, whoever you are for, I am afraid you will be sorely disappointed. You would have been even more disappointed even if you were a Duck fan the past couple of years.
What? Can you restate this NN. Because if you win the South you are in the championship game. (Well the PAC championship, I know your not talking NT championship game)

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big shocker.

Oregon has named their latest FA signing, Vernon Adams, as the starter.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they tell him he will be the first string QB, how long do you think it takes him to work out the math of how many guys are ahead of him on the depth chart?

Poor guy, he doesn't even realize he's the starter...

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not touchy, just curious. After two ten win seasons that could have easily been better, ASU is a viable pick. Particularly in the dogfight of a division with five top 25 teams. But essentially I agree with your thinking. Both USC and UCLA will have to roll over for anyone else to have a chance. It could happen.
:2cents: Yeah the South with ASU, USC and UCLA will be a dog fight. USC lost a couple of games (ASU) last year at the end of the game and UCLA should be better this year. ASU scares me this year, they have a damn good team.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went out to play a round of golf today and we got out a little late, and it got hot!

105F of hot!
Had a good time though. Met up with an ASU fan and 2 Trojan fans.

We had some good talk about the conference and who may potentially win the South. We all pretty much agreed anyone in the South could win it except for Colorado so it will probably be Colorado! :lol:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did throw some amazing balls that day.
It will be tough to get used to a few more picks that he will throw when comparing to MM.

Not as fast as MM. But VA throws a better deep ball and is a little more accurate.

VA takes more risks than MM. That could go either way. Could hurt could help.

We shall see

Status
Not open for further replies.