• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two 10 win seasons not good enough??
Two 10 win seasons is just fine, I'd take two of them in the last two years... you can disagree if you feel you guys have lived up to expectations over the past few years.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two 10 win seasons is just fine, I'd take two of them in the last two years... you can disagree if you feel you guys have lived up to expectations over the past few years.
What would you say are the expectaions for each team this season? Not just "win the conference" thats the goal. but Im curious what people think the expectaions actuallly are.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you say are the expectaions for each team this season? Not just "win the conference" thats the goal. but Im curious what people think the expectaions actuallly are.
As far as ASU goes, I realize they have had some solid seasons the past couple years, I was just commenting that it seems like there's always someone who picks them to have a big year and shock the world, or at least the conference, and they haven't....

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I say Oregon, ASU, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Zona, Utah al believe they can win the conference.

I think All other teams believe they can make a bowl.

As far as team by team expectations I think those are accurate.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon over ASU in conference title game

If Oregon beats MSU they are in CFP is my predict. W/ ASU in Rose Bowl

If they lose to MSU I think they get Rose Bowl and no CFP. While ASU goes to an at large Big 6 bowl. Likely Fiesta

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say Oregon, ASU, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Zona, Utah al believe they can win the conference.

I think All other teams believe they can make a bowl.

As far as team by team expectations I think those are accurate.
ok but what are your expectations of them?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok but what are your expectations of them?
Mine? Ok.

Oregon CFP/ Rose
ASU Rose/ Big 6 bowl
UCLA possible big6/ Alamo

Zona/SC/Stanford all next tier Alamo, Holiday, area
Utah right behind these

Cal likely bowl team but schedule is tough.

Washington/ OSU realllly struggle to make bowl. Don't see either

WSU a tier below OSU/ UW.

Colorado, improved again. PAC too strong for a shot at bowl.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday afternoon, head coach Jim Mora announced true freshman Josh Rosen as the starting quarterback for the season opener versus Virginia on Sept. 5.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday afternoon, head coach Jim Mora announced true freshman Josh Rosen as the starting quarterback for the season opener versus Virginia on Sept. 5.
Poor Neuheisel...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Neuheisel...
The rule of thumb in these situations, if all things are equal on the field, you go with the more experienced guy.

Tells me Jerry, even though CJMjr and the team in general really like him, he was behind the true Freshman in his performance on the field.

Doesn't change your sentiment though DayMan. I'm sure, as many players are, he was disappointed he didn't make the starters cut.

He will be a nice backup.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rule of thumb in these situations, if all things are equal on the field, you go with the more experienced guy.

Tells me Jerry, even though CJMjr and the team in general really like him, he was behind the true Freshman in his performance on the field.

Doesn't change your sentiment though DayMan. I'm sure, as many players are, he was disappointed he didn't make the starters cut.

He will be a nice backup.

Actually, all things being equal, it makes more sense to go with Rosen. If you go with Neuheisel, you only get him for a season or 2 as starter. With Rosen, you get him as starter for 3-4 years.

It does suck for Neuheisel though. He could start for A LOT of programs around the country, but ends up with Hundley, who got some Heisman love and Rosen, a 5 star who some project will be the best QB UCLA's ever had by the time he's done, deciding to go to UCLA.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Send sweater-vest jr up here. He'd start tomorrow. :whistle:

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where were we when Graham came on? The Devils have exceeded my expectations since then by far. Won the South one year and were in the championship game following year. If your "expectations" are winning it all every year, whoever you are for, I am afraid you will be sorely disappointed. You would have been even more disappointed even if you were a Duck fan the past couple of years.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as ASU goes, I realize they have had some solid seasons the past couple years, I was just commenting that it seems like there's always someone who picks them to have a big year and shock the world, or at least the conference, and they haven't....
So what's new? How many different commenters have picked a different team to win the South, ASU, USC, UCLA, UofA, and yes, Utah. Is ASU winning the South and even more such a far out prediction?

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's new? How many different commenters have picked a different team to win the South, ASU, USC, UCLA, UofA, and yes, Utah. Is ASU winning the South and even more such a far out prediction?
No, it's not a far out prediction. Jesus you guys are touchy... I just commented that ASU seems to always get some preseason hype that they don't live up to. Maybe you'll win the Pac and go to the playoff this year, is that better? I wasn't saying I think you guys will suck...

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but for those of us with Directv, it looks like the Pac12 Network may actually be ready to go on Directv by September 3rd. It's been confirmed that Directv is testing the Pac12 Network signal on channel 621, so hopefully AT&T has convinced Directv to work with the Pac12 to get this deal done. Hip hip hooray!!

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's not a far out prediction. Jesus you guys are touchy... I just commented that ASU seems to always get some preseason hype that they don't live up to. Maybe you'll win the Pac and go to the playoff this year, is that better? I wasn't saying I think you guys will suck...
You can make the argument that the PAC12 South is a complete toss up at this point. Though I favor my Trojans, the Bruins, Sun Devils, Wildcats and even the Utes have a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.