• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw, he's not our problem anymore and this is funny, but likely won't mean anything for this season.

Curious that it's our reaction you are most interested given USC is a rival of yours and I'd figure you'd be much more interested in what their fan reaction is.

There is no doubt that Sark is a great coach, but he's got a long way to go to be seen as a great man.
Wiz- I have seen enough of the USC reaction and ND reaction on their Rivals boards etc. However, since I first heard about this from a Husky friend it led me to believe it may have blown up on some of the Husky boards. That is all.

I have never hid my disdain for Sark, whether at UW or SC, he is, in my mind a slimy individual.

@mrwallace2ku Yes one leg at a time like you and I. I bet if you and I got together drunkenness and foul language would ensue. However, to do this in that venue would be akin to me getting tore up at a faculty event and telling the Dean dirty jokes. Not an unheard of thing to do, but really really stupid.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz- I have seen enough of the USC reaction and ND reaction on their Rivals boards etc. However, since I first heard about this from a Husky friend it led me to believe it may have blown up on some of the Husky boards. That is all.

I have never hid my disdain for Sark, whether at UW or SC, he is, in my mind a slimy individual.

@mrwallace2ku Yes one leg at a time like you and I. I bet if you and I got together drunkenness and foul language would ensue. However, to do this in that venue would be akin to me getting tore up at a faculty event and telling the Dean dirty jokes. Not an unheard of thing to do, but really really stupid.
Well, you have disdain for us as well so there's that. :whistle:

I'm not sure how 'slimy' Sark is, but there's no doubt he's willing to step on toes and skirt the rules to win. That's the climate of college football these days though. The guys able to win it 'the right way' are fewer and farther between. Not excusing it, just saying it seems to be the norm now rather than the exception.

I complained about Sark's overall lack of discipline with his team while he was here. We all want a stand up guy leading our team and he was something less than that at times, but I wouldn't go nearly as far with it as you are. I can't see him deflating balls or paying for players, but he will steal your staff and likely lie to your recruits to flip them if it will help him win.

I don't like him and don't respect him for some of the things he did while he was here and in how he conducted himself in leaving. I probably share the view with most of my fellow fans in simply laughing at this and being thankful he's not our problem. I'm sure this won't be his last issue in front of boosters given his brief history.

I'll still stand by my final statement. He's a great coach that has yet to become a great man. Maybe some day.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you have disdain for us as well so there's that. :whistle:

I'm not sure how 'slimy' Sark is, but there's no doubt he's willing to step on toes and skirt the rules to win. That's the climate of college football these days though. The guys able to win it 'the right way' are fewer and farther between. Not excusing it, just saying it seems to be the norm now rather than the exception.

I complained about Sark's overall lack of discipline with his team while he was here. We all want a stand up guy leading our team and he was something less than that at times, but I wouldn't go nearly as far with it as you are. I can't see him deflating balls or paying for players, but he will steal your staff and likely lie to your recruits to flip them if it will help him win.

I don't like him and don't respect him for some of the things he did while he was here and in how he conducted himself in leaving. I probably share the view with most of my fellow fans in simply laughing at this and being thankful he's not our problem. I'm sure this won't be his last issue in front of boosters given his brief history.

I'll still stand by my final statement. He's a great coach that has yet to become a great man. Maybe some day.

I see your points Wiz, I have no disdain for particular Husky fans, but I have had some really negative interactions with a few, that is true. I no longer despise the Huskies, but they are far lower on the list of teams I want to see lose than $C and ND. It has been my experience that people of his age rarely become great men this late in life. It takes a lot more to change the path you are on and your personality at his age than it does in your teens or 20's.

Nascar Addict

"Rootbeer's good for your root!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a die hard Clemson fan since birth....:dhd: It's a family thang. But I have become an Oregon Ducks fan as of late. They have become my second team that I follow.

I'm poor. See also I don't have a every Sports package on cable there is. So I live for clips on ESPN. I'd love to see last years games in full. But there is only a couple on youtube. :mad2:

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,555.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blob:https%3A//vine.co/5f775081-6cf3-46c5-a1e7-3fe48d9a649b

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AT 6:42 AM? You might have the same problem Steve "Fireball Madness" Sarkisian has.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AT 6:42 AM? You might have the same problem Steve "Fireball Madness" Sarkisian has.
7 shot steve is a leader thats why its a USC fan saying they need a drink this early

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lolz...Sark is heading into alcohol rehab, saw the story today on CBS Sports. Idiot.
Actually he is seeking treatment without going to rehab. He was clear about that. He says he doesn't think he has a drinking problem.

He pops pills.
He drinks fireball.
He opens his mouth and says stupid shit.

Where's the problem? :noidea:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win and there's no problem. Lose and this just expidites him leaving which would happen anyway just would happen sooner. I think this is going to make his players rally around him. I've heard quite a few on the team who say they love the guy and while they know he got drunk n said some shit but it was stuff ( according to them) they all say behind closed doors (F UCLA F Oregon Fing Fight On and so on) so they dont understand the piling on. I think he puts the pedal to the metal now in games where he would probably would ease off. Just My opinion.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, Sark didn't get fired? But our own @clarkson23devils reported that he'd be fired today... :scratch:

Status
Not open for further replies.