• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, everyone just needs to bring their own beer and booze in like the good old days. Husky stadium security is still nothing compared to safeco or quest. My buddy fit 4 beers in his pants. He looked ridiculous, but didn't even raise an eyebrow.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, this new 10 minute rule hasn't done shit (not that either game has had a great turnout to begin with). Like I said before, they're gonna have to physically herd people out if they want to accomplish anythimg. I tried to check out that off the leash beer garden in the stadium for the first time yesterday (I haven't got beer at halftime for a few years now, because it's impossible to get back for kickoff even if you want to), and it was a disaster. I didn't realize there's only one entrance point from the ground level, so it took us 15 minutes to figure that out, and by that time the line was ridiculous just to get in, so that plan was scrapped.

People want to drink, and since they've offered an option (other thand sneaking booze in) with the zone, the only way to fix the problem is to either do away with it all together, or sell beer in the stadium, which I always thought was a pac 12 rule that prevented that. I don't even think the quality of team/game will matter, I think softy used to say that, 'put a quality product on the field and people won't leave...' I don't buy that.
I never pay for beer at any sporting event so the policy doesn't impact me directly. I'm not paying a ton of money for weak ass product. I get pretty ripped off good shit prior to the game and then ride it out so I'm good to drive after. But there is no policy against it. They sold it at the clink when the dogs played there and selling it at all means there is no policy to start with. It's a school policy.

Beer to be sold at Husky Stadium, but not to everyone
Husky Stadium has never sold alcohol in general admissions areas, UW spokesman Carter Henderson said. And it still won’t — while alcohol is available in luxury boxes and was introduced to the Husky Club last year, the Off-Leash Deck still isn’t part of the stadium’s general admissions area, as fans are required to buy special tickets.

There is no blanket restriction from the NCAA or Pac-12 on alcohol sales at sports events. Schools create their own policies. Yet some college programs across the country have recently started expanding alcohol sales beyond private suites.

So they create these new exclusive areas where you can buy beer that amounts to them taking in more money more than any righteous idea of keeping college kids from binge drinking or something. And still actually sell beer on campus to all of the rest of us, but make you walk and stand in ridiculous lines to do so.

Their policy does nothing but push fans out of the stands for large periods of time and there is no rule putting them in the position to do so. It's purely of their own volition.

No surprise here, but the cougs are adapting their policy and allowing everyone to drink in the stadium now.
Report: WSU to offer beer sales at Martin Stadium

Of course they no longer allow people to go tailgate again at half time so theirs comes at a price, but I'd still prefer that to what we have now.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never pay for beer at any sporting event so the policy doesn't impact me directly. I'm not paying a ton of money for weak ass product. I get pretty ripped off good shit prior to the game and then ride it out so I'm good to drive after. But there is no policy against it. They sold it at the clink when the dogs played there and selling it at all means there is no policy to start with. It's a school policy.

Beer to be sold at Husky Stadium, but not to everyone

So they create these new exclusive areas where you can buy beer that amounts to them taking in more money more than any righteous idea of keeping college kids from binge drinking or something. And still actually sell beer on campus to all of the rest of us, but make you walk and stand in ridiculous lines to do so.

Their policy does nothing but push fans out of the stands for large periods of time and there is no rule putting them in the position to do so. It's purely of their own volition.

No surprise here, but the cougs are adapting their policy and allowing everyone to drink in the stadium now.
Report: WSU to offer beer sales at Martin Stadium

Of course they no longer allow people to go tailgate again at half time so theirs comes at a price, but I'd still prefer that to what we have now.
We usually head in early enough to hit the zone for one more beer. It's crazy stadium prices, but I wouldn't say the product's bad. I like the redhook ipa. I thought I remembered them not selling beer at century link. For the best if they did and I just didn't realize. If it's not a pac 12 rule, they just need to start selling in the stadium. I wouldn't get nearly as drunk that way. I wouldn't feel like I need to load up so much before the game, and then I couldn't afford to over do it once inside.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just too cheap to spend that much money on beer and stand in lines to do so.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just too cheap to spend that much money on beer and stand in lines to do so.
I should be... :tsk:

732629ee81d8e8c92902b563aa22084a205cb83db71249571a74e5136f45ce1c.jpg

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They picked out backfield apart.
At least you faced a real team and were able to learn something. I'm not sure even the coaches can take away much from more or less scrimmage games like UW has played the first two weeks.

I'm still going to be very concerned over our O line and their lack of run blocking and our LT's wiffing so much on pass protection when they face a real defense. Other than that, I'm not sure I can take anything positive away given the level of opponent they have faced.

Any time you can face a quality team and come out on top you can't be in bad shape so congrats on that.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you faced a real team and were able to learn something. I'm not sure even the coaches can take away much from more or less scrimmage games like UW has played the first two weeks.

I'm still going to be very concerned over our O line and their lack of run blocking and our LT's wiffing so much on pass protection when they face a real defense. Other than that, I'm not sure I can take anything positive away given the level of opponent they have faced.

Any time you can face a quality team and come out on top you can't be in bad shape so congrats on that.
I may go to Seattle for the UW game. You have any good seats?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may go to Seattle for the UW game. You have any good seats?
I can give you ideas of where to go while here to get some killer food and whatnot. As for tickets? That might be a tough get if this team is any good this year. If they struggle you will have plenty of options.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not standing anymore for the national anthem until Leach is fired. I've already started the #Leachstolepublicmoneyandshouldbeinjail tweet.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I may come go to Seattle for the UW game. You have any good seats?
I can give you ideas of where to go while here to get some killer food and whatnot. As for tickets? That might be a tough get if this team is any good this year. If they struggle you will have plenty of options.
I would scalp.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon and Stanford can jump UW this week with wins even if UW wins.
Wins over Nebraska and USC will move the needle more than all three of UW wins (yes Im already counting Portland State this week)
Utah wont move up with a win over San jose State (except of course UO or Stan losing)
AZ st is playing UTSA so no movement
UCLA could move up maybe beating BYU
Colorado upsetting Michigan would move huge
USC beating Stanford would move them up
Cal beating Texas would move them up too.
the other three are not moving without wins and losses ahead as none play anyone of note.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any sort of ranking prior to week 6 or 7 is pointless and not really based on play on the field.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any sort of ranking prior to week 6 or 7 is pointless and not really based on play on the field.

Except any ranking where ASU is ahead of 3 of the 4 Cali schools is worth mentioning.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really haven't watched any of Stanford or Oregon's play so far. I've seen plenty of the rest of the conference and most teams have some development to do before they reach their tough stretches. I'm concerned enough about the lack of a run game and some of the blocking and protection of the O line to be in a wait and see mode for how they will stack up against the two below them on that list. Probably more so Stanford than Oregon mostly because Stanford's front 7 concerns me far more with those O line issues. And no, I'm not looking past the Arizona game even with their embarrassing performance against Grambling.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So right, I think the rankings prove that. If they say anything, its that the PAC is in sad shape right noe.

Status
Not open for further replies.