• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels weird to be home watching a game that will be in Husky stadium. Gave my seats to our oldest and her boyfriend. Think it's the first home game I'll have missed in at least 4 years.

Picked a good one to skip. Washington should win by over 40.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picked a good one to skip. Washington should win by over 40.
Perfect weather out on the lake though. Even these games are awesome to be at. Greatest setting in college football as they call it.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect weather out on the lake though. Even these games are awesome to be at. Greatest setting in college football as they call it.

Is that what "they" call it or is that what you call it?

Just kidding of course.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that what "they" call it or is that what you call it?

Just kidding of course.
For whatever reason, every game they televise on the Pac12 network the commentators say that. Same with our local broadcasters. Not sure who first coined it. Only said it because these clowns on the Pac12 N opened the game with that today. I've seen plenty of pictures of awesome views from other stadiums. Wish I could get to most of them, but nothing like a clear sunny not too hot day on Lake Washington. I'll be there next week even with a much lower opponent again.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see a game there someday. Been to Seattle many times but never to a Husky game. It does look awfully nice.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe ASU is still favored. Mahommes might go for 500 plus. I don't like their chances, even at home.
Right you are. Two weeks ago these same people were wondering if ASU could beat NAU. And for three quarters, it looked like they might be right. ASU leading the South (alphabetically) must have influenced them. Still hope we are wrong and ASU can make their prediction of 3 wins before PAC12 play starts.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see a game there someday. Been to Seattle many times but never to a Husky game. It does look awfully nice.
If it's decent weather and you can find a way to get on a charter by boat I'd highly recommend it. Sailgating is a unique way to go to a football game.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe ASU is still favored. Mahommes might go for 500 plus. I don't like their chances, even at home.

I'm not really - TT has a great QB, but their O-line is supposed to be garbage. It's in ASU (which usually means 3 points according to Vegas), we have a two really good RB's, some good WR's, and a QB that is getting better.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos to Colorado, While last week they crushed CSU, they are continuing to do the same tonight against Idaho State. They may be a decent team this year.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the U of A and WSU lose tonight which one do we vote off the island?

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the U of A and WSU lose tonight which one do we vote off the island?

I'd say the kitties, but Cougars still lost to an FCS school

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kalen Ballage needs to put out his lawn chair in the endzone! Way to represent and get some retribution against the Red Raiders!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kalen Ballage needs to put out his lawn chair in the endzone! Way to represent and get some retribution against the Red Raiders!
Nice to see such a huge display of defense in that game huh?

Man, that looks like a video game score.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another remarkably interesting day in the Pac. A few teams did more or less as expected, but holy shit on the others. Cal losing to SDS and doing so in remarkable fashion. Utah winning, or was it more BYU losing, or I really don't know what the hell that was, but what an ending. Zona looking like they were the SWAC team and the mighty tigers were the P5 until after injuries turned the tide. ASU and TT pretty much not bringing defenses to the game.

Man it's great to have football season back again.

:suds:

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually fine with ASU. I suspect TTU's offense is really good. That QB is one of the best out there and legit NFL in an offense that just lets him do anything he can.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually fine with ASU. I suspect TTU's offense is really good. That QB is one of the best out there and legit NFL in an offense that just lets him do anything he can.

This - Malhomes is one of the most accurate QB's in the nation, and rarely misses a throw. Granted our coverage was bogus and we left some of their WR wide open, but in the 4th quarter we were finally able to get some pressure and hits on him and slowed him down.

Plus they had no answer to our combo of Wilkins, Ballage, Harry, and the rest of the gang.

d7ce8dfd-ff85-49e9-a93b-c3d944ff6f8a.jpg

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever reason, every game they televise on the Pac12 network the commentators say that. Same with our local broadcasters. Not sure who first coined it. Only said it because these clowns on the Pac12 N opened the game with that today. I've seen plenty of pictures of awesome views from other stadiums. Wish I could get to most of them, but nothing like a clear sunny not too hot day on Lake Washington. I'll be there next week even with a much lower opponent again.

Yeah, I've only seen pictures, but it's hard to come up with a better view/setting to take in a football game than what you guys have at Husky Stadium.

The only criticism I can think of is that maybe the setting is so nice that it actually takes away from the game a little. lol

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've only seen pictures, but it's hard to come up with a better view/setting to take in a football game than what you guys have at Husky Stadium.

The only criticism I can think of is that maybe the setting is so nice that it actually takes away from the game a little. lol
Nah, you get over it when the game starts.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What takes away from the game is their stupid alcohol policy. They have slightly improved it this year, but it's still a problem. Like most stadiums that are right on campus, they don't sell alcohol in the stadium itself. Well, that's not entirely true anymore. They do sell it to people in the 'club' section and one outdoor deck in a remote area of the stadium. They have 'the zone' behind the bleachers on a practice field that's a giant beer garden. So they make thousands of people leave their seats and walk all the way out of the facility to get a drink. And then wonder why the stands are half empty in key times during games. :L

This year they said they are stopping the sale of alcohol after half time to help push the fans back into their seats for the second half. :L It's sad you have to do that, but come on. You can sell beer to fans in elite sections already so just fucking sell it everywhere and the problem is entirely solved. It's just stupid.

As for it being too nice? Well there have been a few bad games where at least looking out at the water and the mountains was a good distraction from the garbage they put on the field in front of us. :tsk:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What takes away from the game is their stupid alcohol policy. They have slightly improved it this year, but it's still a problem. Like most stadiums that are right on campus, they don't sell alcohol in the stadium itself. Well, that's not entirely true anymore. They do sell it to people in the 'club' section and one outdoor deck in a remote area of the stadium. They have 'the zone' behind the bleachers on a practice field that's a giant beer garden. So they make thousands of people leave their seats and walk all the way out of the facility to get a drink. And then wonder why the stands are half empty in key times during games. :L

This year they said they are stopping the sale of alcohol after half time to help push the fans back into their seats for the second half. :L It's sad you have to do that, but come on. You can sell beer to fans in elite sections already so just fucking sell it everywhere and the problem is entirely solved. It's just stupid.

As for it being too nice? Well there have been a few bad games where at least looking out at the water and the mountains was a good distraction from the garbage they put on the field in front of us. :tsk:
Man, this new 10 minute rule hasn't done shit (not that either game has had a great turnout to begin with). Like I said before, they're gonna have to physically herd people out if they want to accomplish anythimg. I tried to check out that off the leash beer garden in the stadium for the first time yesterday (I haven't got beer at halftime for a few years now, because it's impossible to get back for kickoff even if you want to), and it was a disaster. I didn't realize there's only one entrance point from the ground level, so it took us 15 minutes to figure that out, and by that time the line was ridiculous just to get in, so that plan was scrapped.

People want to drink, and since they've offered an option (other thand sneaking booze in) with the zone, the only way to fix the problem is to either do away with it all together, or sell beer in the stadium, which I always thought was a pac 12 rule that prevented that. I don't even think the quality of team/game will matter, I think softy used to say that, 'put a quality product on the field and people won't leave...' I don't buy that.

Status
Not open for further replies.