• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, and not being mean but just trying to explain my point of view, as good as UW football was, it was Bear Bryant good, over 10 National Championships good. And you speak about 10-20 years for UW, whereas I'm talking 40+ years with Alabama. It's all about the starting point I suppose.

My father started off high - got lean (though no 0-12) - and is now back on a high.
I was born in '86 - So I was lean for most years until 2009 since I was too young for '92

I'm not trying to suggest we have the same definition of lean, and say that Alabama's was worse than UW, because that's not far to you or the other UW fans that went through that dry spell, all I'm say is that to me, this was a dry, or 'lean', spell, and 100% based on the stories I read and what my father told me.
Again, the biggest difference is mine isn't based off stories. I lived through it. I watched Warren Moon play for UW and beat Michigan in the Rose Bowl in the late 70's at the start of the Don James era. I was in the stadium during the 80's when they rose to prominence. I was there when they should have won the title in '86 that was given to BYU. And of course the special '91 season. It didn't end there, but did decline. Late 90's and early 2k they still won a Rose Bowl and were a tough out.

I was also there through the '08 season and never once failed to wear my colors despite their dreadful play. They couldn't have gone any lower and I was still there. So were most of our base that post here.

USC fans can point out the highs and lows, so can Bama, and ask Texas fans about their highs and lows. All of us have been though it. Just saying none of those have been quite as low no matter how much higher they might have been at one point.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we calling Vince Young and Tim Tebow NFL QBs?

Over Thomas, Dixon and Masoli? Easily, you're first 5th year savior VA couldn't get a second practice in the NFL, Jake frickin I'm switching schools every year Heaps got a call back.Q

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC announces that OL Toa Lobendahn has a blown ACL and MCL. Out for season.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, the biggest difference is mine isn't based off stories. I lived through it. I watched Warren Moon play for UW and beat Michigan in the Rose Bowl in the late 70's at the start of the Don James era. I was in the stadium during the 80's when they rose to prominence. I was there when they should have won the title in '86 that was given to BYU. And of course the special '91 season. It didn't end there, but did decline. Late 90's and early 2k they still won a Rose Bowl and were a tough out.

I was also there through the '08 season and never once failed to wear my colors despite their dreadful play. They couldn't have gone any lower and I was still there. So were most of our base that post here.

USC fans can point out the highs and lows, so can Bama, and ask Texas fans about their highs and lows. All of us have been though it. Just saying none of those have been quite as low no matter how much higher they might have been at one point.

Can't disagree with you there. I've never lived through an 0-12 season, and hope to never do so.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over Thomas, Dixon and Masoli? Easily, you're first 5th year savior VA couldn't get a second practice in the NFL, Jake frickin I'm switching schools every year Heaps got a call back.Q
You may want to check again on Dixon's pro career. He may not have started but he was a backup for 7 years and got two Super Bowl rings riding the bench. Not shabby when the average nfl career lasts barely 3 years. Masoli and Thomas were train wrecks no argument there.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? Johnny Manziel and Todd Marinovich are . . .
Hmm. They got drafted which is an accomplishment but they both turned out to be not viable. I guess to me you need to stick around some . John David Booty got drafted and earned a paycheck and in his resume Im sure it says former NFL QB but in my mind he wasnt. Matt Barkley who got drafted , played out his first contract then signed on with another team for a second contract is an NFL QB. Not a star or starter but was picked over Tebow.He's an NFL QB.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its rare but some of these guys NFL story might not be over if they could pull a kurt warner, Jeff Garcia, or Warren Moon and go Canada or Arena before getting to the NFL.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, can't wait for conference play to open up so we have a lot more to talk about than Oregon's QB struggles and former players.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, can't wait for conference play to open up so we have a lot more to talk about than Oregon's QB struggles and former players.
Then you all need to stop bringing it up. We Duck fans sure aren't starting these tangents.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<---- I'm ready for conference play as well.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you all need to stop bringing it up. We Duck fans sure aren't starting these tangents.
Kind of fixes itself when we have games of consequence going on.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of fixes itself when we have games of consequence going on.
True, unfortunately for us Duck faithful we don't get a serious test until next week.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may want to check again on Dixon's pro career. He may not have started but he was a backup for 7 years and got two Super Bowl rings riding the bench. Not shabby when the average nfl career lasts barely 3 years. Masoli and Thomas were train wrecks no argument there.

I guess literally yes, but if we are going that route than Mark Brunell is a first ballot HOF. I mean after all he was in the league longer than Oregon has had an actual fanbase.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, unfortunately for us Duck faithful we don't get a serious test until next week.
Shit, UW doesn't have anything that looks like a real game for several weeks. @zona is their first conference game. Next two are going to be scrimmages against patsies. Survive Zona and we end up with Stanford. By then we should have plenty to talk about beyond Oregon's QB status.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So @socaljim242 and @trojanfan12 which one of you is taking the avi bet next week. Clarkson and Jim have offered, I am open on this. Tasteful and no fucking gifs for fuck sake.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, UW doesn't have anything that looks like a real game for several weeks. @zona is their first conference game. Next two are going to be scrimmages against patsies. Survive Zona and we end up with Stanford. By then we should have plenty to talk about beyond Oregon's QB status.

At least your coach doesn't back out of body bag games only to schedule the toughest FCS conference schools to only play them like practices. I get we aren't playoff contenders and all but fuck, at least coach like you care that Martin Stadium is sold out and you care that our athletic department is nearly bankrupt and need to sell out the rest of the year. Fucking gameday for the Oregon game would've been huge for our athletic department but no, just piss that away for some God forsaken motive that I still can't grasp my head around.

Status
Not open for further replies.