• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh @Olyduck .....

giphy.gif

:whistle:
Isn't a true frosh who enrolled early who wins a position such as this part of the recruiting and developement you were all saying Oregon didnt have? Him beating out another freshman no big deal. him beating out Jonsen is surprising but its part of what a qb competition is.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like clockwork, anytime Ducks march out some more 5th year F.A.s, they unleash some more shiny crap like this from Uncle Phil to keep the press and fanbase looking the other way.

Yes, their football players now get their own modern art cocoons to sleep in thanks to Phil's wallet.

CquDnH1WcAAM9OT.jpg
Really what did they roll out the one other time they had a transfer? last year? the one other time? I dont remember anything being rolled out last season.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't a true frosh who enrolled early who wins a position such as this part of the recruiting and developement you were all saying Oregon didnt have? Him beating out another freshman no big deal. him beating out Jonsen is surprising but its part of what a qb competition is.

Number one, he didn't win the job. He's a back up, just like every other QB Oregon has recruited and signed ( and decided to stay) since 2011 except for MM. So no it's not a good thing, in fact it magifies how horrible the development is there. That after all this time and BS about it being a competition the one kid who's been there and was said to be in the competition for the starting job can't even beat out the newer kid to be the back up.
How you think that shows development is hilarious. The one they taught the least is better than the one they taught the most. How's that good developing?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Number one, he didn't win the job. He's a back up, just like every other QB Oregon has recruited and signed ( and decided to stay) since 2011 except for MM. So no it's not a good thing, in fact it magifies how horrible the development is there. That after all this time and BS about it being a competition the one kid who's been there and was said to be in the competition for the starting job can't even beat out the newer kid to be the back up.
How you think that shows development is hilarious. The one they taught the least is better than the one they taught the most. How's that good developing?
Not going to go in circles on the issue again and again.
Sorry not sorry.
Still not worried.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to go in circles on the issue again and again.
Sorry not sorry.
Still not worried.
lol. There's nothing you can say. It's so obvious. Of course your not worried. No need to see your season take a dive watching QBs your team developed. You get to watch a rental come in for a second straight year and keep you guys in contention.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. There's nothing you can say. It's so obvious. Of course your not worried. No need to see your season take a dive watching QBs your team developed. You get to watch a rental come in for a second straight year and keep you guys in contention.
There is plenty I can say but we've been down that road and it goes in circles. I was told not to take the trolls bait. Socaljim=troll
Sorry not sorry.
Still not worried.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal's D had enough holes in it for Hawaii to cova...sorry for your loss Whiz.
There was also the opening onside kick to give Cal a short field to start. and a lost fumble on kick off for another short field didnt help them either. Onside coaches fault. fumble was the fault of the player holding the ball all lose and away from his body.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal only covered by like 1 point though so its not like it was a horrible pick to say Hawaii could cover.
Well, actually the line on the game as of Wednesday when I posted the pick was 22.5 so if you picked the weenies to cover you lost.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, actually the line on the game as of Wednesday when I posted the pick was 22.5 so if you picked the weenies to cover you lost.
:yes:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Browning winning the starting job as a true freshman was very much a complete indictment of what Sark had left in our cupboards. No question about it. He was the first true freshman starter in school history.

Having a true freshman in your main depth chart HAS to be a similar, but not nearly as desperate statement. How can it not be? :noidea:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The surprising thing wasn't Prukop winning it. It was the naming of the backup and not having either Jonsen or Wilson named in that role. It means either Prukop is only marginally better than a pile of crap, or it was utter and complete bullshit that those other two were EVER actually in a competition to win the starting role. There is zero chance that competition was real and they both fell that far down the depth chart.

And what happened to the two from last year? :L
Lockie is now mostly a WR and Alie is a fucking holder. :pound:

So Jonsen, who is just a RSF and might as well be a true freshman because he was out with injury last year and the two other true freshmen (Wilson and Herbert) are all that is behind Prukop.

Maybe Herbert is the second coming of Mariota. Or maybe he's just a sign of how bad things have been these last 5 years outside of MM.

Q8d7zmp.gif

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really what did they roll out the one other time they had a transfer? last year? the one other time? I dont remember anything being rolled out last season.
Unless you count that obvious ton of jealousy from those who fared not as well with their "developed" QBs.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T-7 days and counting...

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when i went to the hoop bookie i think it was 19 or 19.5

Last edited:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The surprising thing wasn't Prukop winning it. It was the naming of the backup and not having either Jonsen or Wilson named in that role. It means either Prukop is only marginally better than a pile of crap, or it was utter and complete bullshit that those other two were EVER actually in a competition to win the starting role. There is zero chance that competition was real and they both fell that far down the depth chart.

And what happened to the two from last year? :L
Lockie is now mostly a WR and Alie is a fucking holder. :pound:

So Jonsen, who is just a RSF and might as well be a true freshman because he was out with injury last year and the two other true freshmen (Wilson and Herbert) are all that is behind Prukop.

Maybe Herbert is the second coming of Mariota. Or maybe he's just a sign of how bad things have been these last 5 years outside of MM.

Q8d7zmp.gif

Lockie and Alie where never in the competition this year so using them as any kind of example isn't a fair comparison. Alie has been the holder for a few years now.
Wilson compared to Herbert isnt much either because they pretty much come in the same class same star ranking as far as I know same time on campus. The fact that Jonsen went from potentially 1st to from what I have heard 4th in the last 2 weeks makes me wonder if something else happened.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when i went to the hoop bookie i think it was 19 or 19.5
The bookie does not dictate the pickem's. @Vitamike and I have in the past, and unless it has changed, go off the sin city odds Wednesday. The point spread is posted when you make your pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.