• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well first of all, I meant to quote this post below along with yours and not the one I quoted from Wiz...
So sorry for the confusion. The point I was trying to make is times are changing and although the article's title implies that it is hard to start true freshman at QB, they give quite a few reasons as to why it may be getting easier.

Couple that with the fact that redshirting a Freshman may lead to only two years running the offense as more and more we see the most talented college players declaring for the draft early and NFL teams biting on the chance to draft them is tell, tell. I think a lot of this is a result of the last CBA which offers NFL teams lower rookie deals and first round talent a 5th year option.

:lol: Ok. Makes a lot more sense now.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else sick of the Washington hype?

jeebus. Its all our local sports radio stations are talking about.

Enough already.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Enough already.
Hype doesn't really matter. It's filler into there is actual football. Nothing more.

How many years is the hype machine correct? How often do they totally bomb?

Having said that, you are only upset because it's a team you hate. If that same hype machine was even speaking up Utah or some shit, you wouldn't give nearly as much of a shit about it.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hype doesn't really matter. It's filler into there is actual football. Nothing more.

How many years is the hype machine correct? How often do they totally bomb?

Having said that, you are only upset because it's a team you hate. If that same hype machine was even speaking up Utah or some shit, you wouldn't give nearly as much of a shit about it.
Well not necessarily because any hype can get old real fast, so I would probably grow to dislike hearing about Utah all day everyday. But you are correct, this is more annoying as it is the fuskies.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO UW is 1, maybe 2 years away from being beastly. People are trying to talk Browning as one of the best QBs in the conference.

I'd take Rosen over Browning as far as young QBs go in this conference.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO UW is 1, maybe 2 years away from being beastly. People are trying to talk Browning as one of the best QBs in the conference.

I'd take Rosen over Browning as far as young QBs go in this conference.
I'm not sure they automatically get better in '17 over '16 as a huge chunk of that defense is going to go pro after this year.

If they live up to the hype, it's likely to be a lot more about that defense that didn't lose much over the one that was league tops last year, than it will be about the offense. The rest of the hype is because of their shit schedule. Browning doesn't have to get much better for them to win 10 games with the defense they have.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure they automatically get better in '17 over '16 as a huge chunk of that defense is going to go pro after this year.

If they live up to the hype, it's likely to be a lot more about that defense that didn't lose much over the one that was league tops last year, than it will be about the offense. The rest of the hype is because of their shit schedule. Browning doesn't have to get much better for them to win 10 games with the defense they have.
If they win 8 maybe 9 wins does Petersens seat get warm? I guess he is still somewhat new, but I imagine some big money folks are expecting him to break through soon.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't dwell in such things. Those generalities do nothing. It really depends on which 8 or 9 and if there are any upset wins vs just raw totals. Were there a crazy number of injuries? Way too many variables to even ask such things.

Same could be said for Helfrich. If the ducks fail to win 10 is he on the outs? Well, again that depends on the circumstances doesn't it?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't dwell in such things. Those generalities do nothing. It really depends on which 8 or 9 and if there are any upset wins vs just raw totals. Were there a crazy number of injuries? Way too many variables to even ask such things.

Same could be said for Helfrich. If the ducks fail to win 10 is he on the outs? Well, again that depends on the circumstances doesn't it?

Absolutely not. If this dude only wins 8 or 9 wins this year his seat gets warm, no questions asked. Only circumstances it depends on is how many wins shy of 10 does he get and how much hotter does that seat get. The farther from 10 he is, the hotter that seat is going into 2017.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I can say that I will personally not be happy with anything less than 9 and at least one high profile upset win. They have a top flight running back, several dangerous receivers (even if WR is their least depth of the skill positions), veteran tackles and an easy OOC to get everyone on that side of the ball into high gear.

Outside of Browning going out for extended games I wouldn't put up with anything less than 9, but I doubt our new AD will lose sleep if I'm upset.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely not. If this dude only wins 8 or 9 wins this year his seat gets warm, no questions asked. Only circumstances it depends on is how many wins shy of 10 does he get and how much hotter does that seat get. The farther from 10 he is, the hotter that seat is going into 2017.
So if they lose to Nebraska, one of the washington schools, and USC and you had freeman out, your QB out, or other major injury early in two of those games it's the same as losing to Virginia, the buffs, and Cal?

Of course the circumstances matter.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Enough already.

:lol: @ Ducks fans getting all butthurt because they no longer own the spotlight.

Ducks fans be like:

51808-Bitch-Im-fabulous-gif--bird-zQUg.gif

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @ Ducks fans getting all butthurt because they no longer own the spotlight.

Ducks fans be like:

View attachment 139588
Yeah, there is some irony there after all these years of the unfounded duck hype machine by the national media. You know, unfounded because it never produced the championship they all predicted. :whistle:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there is some irony there after all these years of the unfounded duck hype machine by the national media. You know, unfounded because it never produced the championship they all predicted. :whistle:

Irony is alive and well in the state of Oregon.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are we getting this? Is the Hoop saving this data? A USC fan laughing at hype??

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already been on record here as not liking the hype myself. Really don't need more distractions for the kids in the program. No time for them to buy into shit before they've actually gone on the field and done anything worth getting big heads over.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the UW hype, it will makes the BBC grads tears so much sweeter when they pull an ASU season off.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figures the coug isn't smart enough to read that UW fans haven't been buying into the hype. :L

Jesus dude. Follow along just a little before you click post reply. :lol:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figures the coug isn't smart enough to read that UW fans haven't been buying into the hype. :L

Jesus dude. Follow along just a little before you click post reply. :lol:
to his defense, there is a good chance the internet connection out in Pullman didn't make it there yet for him to see the post before he posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.