• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I wasn't being defensive. He's a punter so I don't know how much hype is needed. He either has the leg or doesn't. I can fully understand why he wasn't offered a scholarship up front. Kickers... :tsk:

He's Australian and those kids learn to put some serious music on their kicks from all the Australian rules football training and worship. They can drop kick from any angle and bullseye it where it needs to go.

FS1 plays Aussie rules football on sat nights lately and love it. I grew up on Oahu and we got some really bizarre tv channel choices in the 70s and 80s from around the pacific. We got Aussie football games on one of them and I was glued to the tv whenever it was on.

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's Australian and those kids learn to put some serious music on their kicks from all the Australian rules football training and worship. They can drop kick from any angle and bullseye it where it needs to go.

FS1 plays Aussie rules football on sat nights lately and love it. I grew up on Oahu and we got some really bizarre tv channel choices in the 70s and 80s from around the pacific. We got Aussie football games on one of them and I was glued to the tv whenever it was on.
We had footy here as well. I had a couple of teams I liked to watch when I was younger. I've never been to see our aussie rules team, but I'm aware we have one. And I think most are aware of a couple of aussie players that made it to college football and the NFL as punters. I remember SD had a good one a few years back.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had footy here as well. I had a couple of teams I liked to watch when I was younger. I've never been to see our aussie rules team, but I'm aware we have one. And I think most are aware of a couple of aussie players that made it to college football and the NFL as punters. I remember SD had a good one a few years back.

I had a few deployments to Australia and we would play the Royal Australian Air Force guys in football and then the next game we would play Aussie rules. Neither one of us could win at the others game but it was fun.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coug QB Peyton Bender will sit out the 2016 season after being ruled academically ineligible.

Bender's absence shakes up the Cougars' depth chart entering fall camp, as Tyler Hilinski, a redshirt freshman, now appears to be the favorite to handle backup quarterback duties behind redshirt junior Luke Falk. Second-year freshman Christian Jorgenson and fellow walk-on Bryce Missey, who will arrive as a true freshman, figure to compete for the third-string job.

The report, citing multiple independent sources, states that Bender will remain in school to work on his academics, though he will not practice with the team. The plan, Cougfan says, is for Bender to rejoin the team for spring football next year.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coug QB Peyton Bender will sit out the 2016 season after being ruled academically ineligible.

Bender's absence shakes up the Cougars' depth chart entering fall camp, as Tyler Hilinski, a redshirt freshman, now appears to be the favorite to handle backup quarterback duties behind redshirt junior Luke Falk. Second-year freshman Christian Jorgenson and fellow walk-on Bryce Missey, who will arrive as a true freshman, figure to compete for the third-string job.

The report, citing multiple independent sources, states that Bender will remain in school to work on his academics, though he will not practice with the team. The plan, Cougfan says, is for Bender to rejoin the team for spring football next year.

No big deal, after the AC performance Bender was in a dead heat for 2nd string and from the spring game it seemed he was going to be 3rd string much like what happened with Apodaca a few years ago. Halliday is the only guy Leach has allowed to actually struggle at QB.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's to hoping he's real busy on the field starting next year. :D

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon picked up 2 in the last couple days.
John Vaca is an unrated JC OT. Not sure if bad or just that JC player rankings always seem later in the year. held offers from Arizona, BYU, Cinici , Iowa State, WSU and other G5 schools
Rutger Reitmaier 3* DT from Tennessee with offers from Ark, Duke, GT, Louisville, Ole Miss, Nebraska, Missouri, Penn St, Purdue, south Carolina, Tennessee, Wake Forest, Vandy and WVU.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon Ducks current recruiting philosophy...wait till the Beavers sign a boatload of new recruits and surpass the Ducks in PAC12 recruiting THEN counteroffer Smuckie scholies to the best of the rest of the newly signed Beavs!

cheap baztardz...

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon Ducks current recruiting philosophy...wait till the Beavers sign a boatload of new recruits and surpass the Ducks in PAC12 recruiting THEN counteroffer Smuckie scholies to the best of the rest of the newly signed Beavs!

cheap baztardz...
or, maybe, just maybe, now stay with me here, Oregon goes after people that fit their schemes and arent worried about what Oregon State or anyone else in the Pac 12 is doing.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or, maybe, just maybe, now stay with me here, Oregon goes after people that fit their schemes and arent worried about what Oregon State or anyone else in the Pac 12 is doing.

:faint:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-star C/OG Brett Neilon (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA) has committed to USC. Considered one of the top C prospects in the nation. He also had Mich and Washington as his final choices.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-star C/OG Brett Neilon (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA) has committed to USC. Considered one of the top C prospects in the nation. He also had Mich and Washington as his final choices.

Nice. Can't have too many good offensive linemen.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Weak sauce Oly...fact is the Ducks are just lazy and don't want to do the hard work. You guys are like Stellar Jays robbing other birds nests that they built. I could include coloring books and provide crayons if you like.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weak sauce Oly...fact is the Ducks are just lazy and don't want to do the hard work. You guys are like Stellar Jays robbing other birds nests that they built. I could include coloring books and provide crayons if you like.
right thats why Oregon state had such a good year last year.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, the only unanswered question re the PAC 12 is will Arizona State or Utah win the South?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure anyone will answer anything about who's the best Washington coach this year. Craziest? Sure. Oddest? Yeah, you bet. Best? Need more than a year's worth of winning to make anything like that kind of statement.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And USC might have a word or two to add to that first question as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.