• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he’s leaving team.

The young wide receiver says he missed spring ball while checked into a hospital to treat depression and anxiety.

Sunday afternoon, Renfro wrote that he missed spring football in April because he was getting treatment for his depression.

I was in program for people like me, that taught me how to cope with my problems and what to do when I hit my lowest of lows,” he wrote.

I will no longer be playing football and will no longer be attending UW. I want to thank Coach Pete, Coach Bush (Hamdan) and all the rest of the coaches and staff, for the opportunity and for the continued support. I also want to thank my teammates for allowing me to be part of the brotherhood that is the football team. And for all the dawg fans out there for making me feel like I was worth something every time I put on that jersey and stepped on the field.

Renfro appeared in all 13 games for the Huskies as a true freshman last fall. The 6-foot-1, 206-pounder from Los Angeles finished the season with 13 catches for 178 yards. He was a four-star recruit coming out of Sierra Canyon High School.

You knew something was wrong behind the scenes when with no explanation, he missed the entire spring practice.

I wish the man luck in his life's pursuits, hope he continues to get the treatment he needs, and thanks for wanting to be a Husky.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he’s leaving team.
That sucks. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I hope he is successful in developing coping mechanisms and skill and is able to live a fruitful life.

Some things are bigger than football. (Most things, really.)

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The young wide receiver says he missed spring ball while checked into a hospital to treat depression and anxiety.

Sunday afternoon, Renfro wrote that he missed spring football in April because he was getting treatment for his depression.

I was in program for people like me, that taught me how to cope with my problems and what to do when I hit my lowest of lows,” he wrote.

I will no longer be playing football and will no longer be attending UW. I want to thank Coach Pete, Coach Bush (Hamdan) and all the rest of the coaches and staff, for the opportunity and for the continued support. I also want to thank my teammates for allowing me to be part of the brotherhood that is the football team. And for all the dawg fans out there for making me feel like I was worth something every time I put on that jersey and stepped on the field.

Renfro appeared in all 13 games for the Huskies as a true freshman last fall. The 6-foot-1, 206-pounder from Los Angeles finished the season with 13 catches for 178 yards. He was a four-star recruit coming out of Sierra Canyon High School.

You knew something was wrong behind the scenes when with no explanation, he missed the entire spring practice.

I wish the man luck in his life's pursuits, hope he continues to get the treatment he needs, and thanks for wanting to be a Husky.

Wow. That's sad but I'm glad he's getting help. Many people suffer from depression in silence.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some good stuff went on at the last Opening regional held in Seattle at the Seahawks practice facility this weekend.

The final ratings:

CjlzjjfVAAAcCVd.jpg

2017 Husky commits go 1 and 2. Wedington was impressive with the fastest times of the day.

3 earned an invite to the Opening finals this summer:

c087bfbb4587d9a68984ff5ed8023a59_crop_north.jpg
TE Hunter Bryant (WA)
DB DeAngelo Gibbs (GA)
OL Foster Sarell (WA)

Sarell is rated the #2 OL in the nation and many are saying it will come down to Washington and Stanford.
He's a beast and his talent was on display all day.

Hunter Bryant is looking like one of the best TEs to come out of the state of Washington since ASJ.
Total freak. Glad he's going to be a Dawg.

And Washington State QB commit, Connor Neville (Wilsonville, OR) was named the overall QB MVP for the day.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As good as WSU has been toward the end of last year, their future could be scary with some of their commits.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some good stuff went on at the last Opening regional held in Seattle at the Seahawks practice facility this weekend.

The final ratings:

View attachment 123182

2017 Husky commits go 1 and 2. Wedington was impressive with the fastest times of the day.

3 earned an invite to the Opening finals this summer:

View attachment 123183
TE Hunter Bryant (WA)
DB DeAngelo Gibbs (GA)
OL Foster Sarell (WA)

Sarell is rated the #2 OL in the nation and many are saying it will come down to Washington and Stanford.
He's a beast and his talent was on display all day.

Hunter Bryant is looking like one of the best TEs to come out of the state of Washington since ASJ.
Total freak. Glad he's going to be a Dawg.

And Washington State QB commit, Connor Neville (Wilsonville, OR) was named the overall QB MVP for the day.

Hopefully the DB in the Bryant video isn't yours too. lol

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beavers get a 3*LB from in state. David Morris

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon bringing another NC to the Pac-12 the conference of champions. Men's Golf team are the national champions.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, golf? :L

Not like any of us bragged about the UW ladies golf team taking the national title. It's golf ffs. I mean golf. No really, it's fucking golf.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting news with PAC12 network broadcasting on Comcast.

--In July, the Pac-12 Networks' national channel is set to become part of Comcast's "starter" package — and in HD — meaning football fans will be able to watch all Pac-12 games.

The Pac-12 Networks has successfully “flipped” its programming feeds with its biggest cable partner, and that should be welcome news for many fans around the Pac-12 Conference.

Comcast has informed subscribers that, beginning July 21, it will make the Pac-12 Networks’ national feed part of its “digital starter” package, while switching the six regional Pac-12 channels — that’s Pac-12 Washington locally — to its higher-priced sports premium package.

Better yet, the Pac-12 national feed, to air on Channel 628 locally, will for the first time be available in HD. (It appears, however, that Pac-12 Washington, moving to Channel 430, will be in standard definition after the flip.)

In March, Pac-12 Networks president Lydia Murphy-Stephans told The Seattle Times that she had encouraged cable providers make this “flip” with the Pac-12’s national and regional channels. The change will allow the 4 million Comcast subscribers in Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Utah and Colorado access to all Pac-12 football games and more than 100 conference basketball games — including the conference tournament games — plus 300 Olympic sports events.

While I get reasoning behind this, I think it's bogus that the region specific channels PAC12 WA , PAC12 Oregon, etc are being downgraded to non HD.
This won't impact the football games being shown in HD which will always be on the national channel, but a lot the other regional content for other sports including basketball could end up in low grade format at times.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before this change we missed a lot of football and mens basketball games not being in HD. After this move you won't miss any regardless of which region they are in. It's a much needed and overdue change. If you really want to watch the fringe sports of your region then at least it's on TV at all.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, golf? :L

Not like any of us bragged about the UW ladies golf team taking the national title. It's golf ffs. I mean golf. No really, it's fucking golf.
there were a lot of seattle and washington people bragging about it if you were in the right circles. like the city of seattle, Great wheel in seattle, the Mariners when they threw out the first pitch, Q13Fox
Sorry if some of us are fans of all the teams that represent our schools.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only reason anyone even knew was the story around their HC who had ran that program for 33 seasons and finally got her championship. Outside of that, it was fucking golf.

No one cares about softball or soccer or any other 3rd rate sports championship unless you know someone on those teams.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only reason anyone even knew was the story around their HC who had ran that program for 33 seasons and finally got her championship. Outside of that, it was fucking golf.

No one cares about softball or soccer or any other 3rd rate sports championship unless you know someone on those teams.
Lot of people at those events and watching on tv would disagree.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the girls are hot, I can stand to watch some of the vollyball action, no doubt. Not looking forward to the spectating in non-HD for that sport when I'm bored and football isn't on, etc.... I mean I'm a man with pulse, etc.....

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put me in the It's F ing golf camp. Couldn't care less.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of people at those events and watching on tv would disagree.
Given that you are given ONLY a choice of:
National channel in HD giving you every football and basketball game in high def
OR
Missing out on high def for those big dollar sports outside of your own team, but you get secondary sports for your local region in high def.

I take the latter all day, every day. It has sucked as a Comcast member to not be able to see the other Pac12 games besides UW/WSU in high def. I really won't watch them in low def.

This isn't a Pac12 network issue, it's a Comcast issue. They have decided to only carry one of their channels in HD. They were getting tons of complaints about big key games not being in HD including the Pac12 tournament in mens basketball etc. Big problem for lots and lots of people. This was THEIR solution to the problem. Obviously just giving us both would be ideal. That's what the Pac12 networks would love as well.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey just helps to keep the PAC 12 the conference of champions.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBSSports about Baker Mayfield: "Get ready SEC (or ACC or Pac-12 or Big Ten), you're getting a hell of a quarterback." A Hiesman type. Wake up, Ducks!

Status
Not open for further replies.