• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey just helps to keep the PAC 12 the conference of champions.
UCLA, Stanford and U$C can do that. I was waiting for a Husky fan to point out that Oregon won a "natty" in golf before football. Y'all are slacking.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Huskies home opener vs Stanford on Sept 30, Friday, will be the ESPN primetime game starting at 6pm.

:suds:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to OU. A national championship in any sport is an accomplishment to brag about.

An NCAA championship trophy is a serious piece of hardware. No matter the sport. Always something to celebrate.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey just helps to keep the PAC 12 the conference of champions.
I'm sorry - this is making my head spin.

I am very much from the camp that a national championship is an amazing thing. It is never like the other people just go there to lie down and quit. So good for the ducks. That is an accomplishment to be proud of in perpetuity.

So what is with "yeah for my conference!" over "yeah for my school!"?

Seriously - that's messed up.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting news with PAC12 network broadcasting on Comcast.

--In July, the Pac-12 Networks' national channel is set to become part of Comcast's "starter" package — and in HD — meaning football fans will be able to watch all Pac-12 games.

The Pac-12 Networks has successfully “flipped” its programming feeds with its biggest cable partner, and that should be welcome news for many fans around the Pac-12 Conference.

Comcast has informed subscribers that, beginning July 21, it will make the Pac-12 Networks’ national feed part of its “digital starter” package, while switching the six regional Pac-12 channels — that’s Pac-12 Washington locally — to its higher-priced sports premium package.

Better yet, the Pac-12 national feed, to air on Channel 628 locally, will for the first time be available in HD. (It appears, however, that Pac-12 Washington, moving to Channel 430, will be in standard definition after the flip.)

In March, Pac-12 Networks president Lydia Murphy-Stephans told The Seattle Times that she had encouraged cable providers make this “flip” with the Pac-12’s national and regional channels. The change will allow the 4 million Comcast subscribers in Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Utah and Colorado access to all Pac-12 football games and more than 100 conference basketball games — including the conference tournament games — plus 300 Olympic sports events.

While I get reasoning behind this, I think it's bogus that the region specific channels PAC12 WA , PAC12 Oregon, etc are being downgraded to non HD.
This won't impact the football games being shown in HD which will always be on the national channel, but a lot the other regional content for other sports including basketball could end up in low grade format at times.

I hated the regional crap and can't stand any of the guys calling the games. Hopefully new announcers and refs for this upcoming one.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry - this is making my head spin.

I am very much from the camp that a national championship is an amazing thing. It is never like the other people just go there to lie down and quit. So good for the ducks. That is an accomplishment to be proud of in perpetuity.

So what is with "yeah for my conference!" over "yeah for my school!"?

Seriously - that's messed up.
:scratch:
Where in what I said does it say I'm happier for the conference than my school? I was simply pointing out that it helps to further extend the lead in overall championships the conference has won.

That said Oregon will be trying to defend it's outdoor track and field championship next week. :thumb:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New USC Football Jersey for 2016 Leaked by Zach Banner (Photo)Watch out Oregon. USCs got flashy new unis for this upcoming season. I think USC will now get some recruits who only sign with a school because the unis are hip. lol
%5E12DA46B4F00011547106D75E8C8EF797F5B5E904DB96A1F8DE%5Epimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just fucking great. What's next? Glow in the dark helmets?:gaah:

:lol:
They so have to come out with USC Nike glitter helmets.

Please please please PLEASE!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JUCO Punter, Joel Whitford, (Santa Barbara City College) has committed to Washington for 2017. Whitford hails from Victoria, Australia. He'll be transferring in as a sophomore and will have 3 years of eligibility.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JUCO Punter, Joel Whitford, (Santa Barbara City College) has committed to Washington for 2017. Whitford hails from Victoria, Australia. He'll be transferring in as a sophomore and will have 3 years of eligibility.

A JUCO transfer with three years of eligibility? That's not the norm right? I've always assumed a Juco transfer had two years at most.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A JUCO transfer with three years of eligibility? That's not the norm right? I've always assumed a Juco transfer had two years at most.
Not common, but not against any kind of rules either.

There are many reasons why kids go to a JC and not all of them are academic related. I'd assume the kids grades were probably good enough to make it into a university, but maybe he wasn't offered a scholarship and simply couldn't afford it. I've seen that before. The more common is kids that have poor grades going the JC route and they typically have to earn their two year degree to prove their academics are high enough to go to that next level. There is no rule preventing teams from taking kids from that level after only one year.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not common, but not against any kind of rules either.

There are many reasons why kids go to a JC and not all of them are academic related. I'd assume the kids grades were probably good enough to make it into a university, but maybe he wasn't offered a scholarship and simply couldn't afford it. I've seen that before. The more common is kids that have poor grades going the JC route and they typically have to earn their two year degree to prove their academics are high enough to go to that next level. There is no rule preventing teams from taking kids from that level after only one year.

I wasn't implying anything nefarious. I just don't recall Jucos having more than two years. I know some kids go to jucos because they just weren't ready for top division football and need the time to mature. Usually they take two seasons to get the hype needed to bring scouts.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't implying anything nefarious. I just don't recall Jucos having more than two years. I know some kids go to jucos because they just weren't ready for top division football and need the time to mature. Usually they take two seasons to get the hype needed to bring scouts.
lol, I wasn't being defensive. He's a punter so I don't know how much hype is needed. He either has the leg or doesn't. I can fully understand why he wasn't offered a scholarship up front. Kickers... :tsk:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I wasn't being defensive. He's a punter so I don't know how much hype is needed. He either has the leg or doesn't. I can fully understand why he wasn't offered a scholarship up front. Kickers... :tsk:

I think Walk on kickers- punters have about the same success rate as ones you scouted and give a scholarship to. It's trying to figure out which one has the nerves to do it under pressure. I think most coaches hate giving a scholarship to a kicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.