• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. But I don't place the blame for our meh offense since Petersen arrived solely on OC Smith and him. Sark left us with serious holes all over the team, especially at offense. Including a bunch of busts at QB. It's taken a tremendous effort to fix the mess he left behind and install the right players for the offense Petersen wants to run at UW.

Husky offense has got to stand on its own feet this year and not depend on the defense to bail it out anymore. An addition of Tedford would be a big boost to maximizing what we can do this year on offense.

6-6 won't cut it anymore. We"re expecting better in 2016. It's a critical year for the Dawgs, especially on offense. As long as everyone has the right role and don't step on each other's toes, the addition of Tedford could be a big difference maker for scoreboard results.

Well, the schedule gods gave you guys a gift to start the season. Rutgers , Idaho followed by Portland state? Then Arizona. And finally someone with a pulse Stanford. lol. If you guys win less than 9 you have some issues because you should start the season 4-0.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the schedule gods gave you guys a gift to start the season. Rutgers , Idaho followed by Portland state? Then Arizona. And finally someone with a pulse Stanford. lol. If you guys win less than 9 you have some issues because you should start the season 4-0.
the thing about Arizona is you really never know what you are going to get. after those 4 they could get trap gamed if they arent careful. either Stanford but looking forward to Oregon or hangover from a loss or big win after Stanford and trapped by Oregon.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing about Arizona is you really never know what you are going to get. after those 4 they could get trap gamed if they arent careful. either Stanford but looking forward to Oregon or hangover from a loss or big win after Stanford and trapped by Oregon.

You're right about that but Stanford and Oregon are tough games for Washington and I wouldn't think less of them if they lost. If they can't beat Arizona after getting three layups then somethings wrong. You can't look past anyone and Petersons supposed to be a good coach. I expect a good game because it's at Arizona but the Huskys can't drop that one

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predictions for the draft for your team? I think Oregon gets 1 first rounder and maybe 4 overall.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right about that but Stanford and Oregon are tough games for Washington and I wouldn't think less of them if they lost. If they can't beat Arizona after getting three layups then somethings wrong. You can't look past anyone.
that could be a trap too. beat those other 3 and get a false sense of security thinking they are better than they really are. go into Arizona with too much confidence and over look them

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that could be a trap too. beat those other 3 and get a false sense of security thinking they are better than they really are. go into Arizona with too much confidence and over look them

Yeah we've seen that before . Too many times as an SC fan,lol.
USC has a brutal start. Hows oregons schedule?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predictions for the draft for your team? I think Oregon gets 1 first rounder and maybe 4 overall.

Lots of second and third rounders for SC with Maybe Sua Cravens sneaking in the first round.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we've seen that before . Too many times as an SC fan,lol.
USC has a brutal start. Hows oregons schedule?
UC Davis, Virginia, @ Nebraska, Colorado, @WSU, Washington are the first half. anywhere from 6-0 to 3-3

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way they won't be laser focused on both of those games Oly. They won't lose either because of overlooking them. It will be because they are still adding pieces to their team. Stanford and Oregon are both breaking in new QB's which is an advantage for us, but there's no denying both have deeper stockpiles of experienced athletes on the overall rosters.

In fact, I believe there are only 4 teams in the Pac with returning starting QB's. Or at least presumptive returning starters. That has to be a record high number of schools breaking in new throwers doesn't it? 8 is just crazy.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw the team not look prepared more than once under Sark. Can't say I recall any under Petersen. Now I do think Petersen screwed up the end of the zona game in his first season and cost them that win and I'm sure not saying they didn't have performance issues, but those happen with college kids. Petersen has done a great job in getting them focused on the day to day aspect of the game and sticking to the goals of just getting better practice after practice. The results are obvious to anyone who watched both Sark's version of the team and this one.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw the team not look prepared more than once under Sark. Can't say I recall any under Petersen. Now I do think Petersen screwed up the end of the zona game in his first season and cost them that win and I'm sure not saying they didn't have performance issues, but those happen with college kids. Petersen has done a great job in getting them focused on the day to day aspect of the game and sticking to the goals of just getting better practice after practice. The results are obvious to anyone who watched both Sark's version of the team and this one.

Did you watch the SC Washington game? Both teams looked like drunk Sark was coaching them.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the SC Washington game? Both teams looked like drunk Sark was coaching them.
You do realize they started a shit load of true freshmen last year right?

If you think they played poorly because they weren't emotionally up for the game then we saw two different games.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize they started a shit load of true freshmen last year right?

If you think they played poorly because they weren't emotionally up for the game then we saw two different games.

Both teams played like crap. I was at the game.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can be emotionally up for a game and play poorly. You can win a game and still play poorly. You can be a young team and still play poorly. A younger team played poorly and a more experienced team played poorly. USC had no right to even be close. And there was sloppy play on both sides. Which made it even more frustrating. I've gone to games where USC was blown out by 20 and they still played better than this game. I don't know why you always argue about this game your team won and it deserved to win.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can be emotionally up for a game and play poorly. You can win a game and still play poorly. You can be a young team and still play poorly. A younger team played poorly and a more experienced team played poorly. USC had no right to even be close. And there was sloppy play on both sides. Which made it even more frustrating. I've gone to games where USC was blown out by 20 and they still played better than this game. I don't know why you always argue about this game your team won and it deserved to win.
I guess you missed your own point.

This convo was about 'trap' games and the implication that there are games teams play where their emotions leave them ill prepared. You brought up the USC game and I said basically that it wasn't emotions that had them playing poorly. Not one thing you said above argues that point. In fact, you restated my point exactly.

UW had like 4 of their oline, QB, RB, and several other key players on offense all starting as true freshmen. We saw a lot of progress with them over the course of the season and by the end of the year they looked like a much better unit.

All I said is I noticed the difference under Sark vs Petersen in terms of let down games. There were quite a few before this staff where even Sark looked like he wanted to punch someone because the kids were flat and not coming close to expectation. What we have seen over the last two years is some of the pains of a staff turnover and some growing pains of starting kids way too early because of the lack of talent depth, but I've not see those same flat games.

If you'd like to keep arguing then by all means at least stop proving my points for me.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you missed your own point.

This convo was about 'trap' games and the implication that there are games teams play where their emotions leave them ill prepared. You brought up the USC game and I said basically that it wasn't emotions that had them playing poorly. Not one thing you said above argues that point. In fact, you restated my point exactly.

UW had like 4 of their oline, QB, RB, and several other key players on offense all starting as true freshmen. We saw a lot of progress with them over the course of the season and by the end of the year they looked like a much better unit.

All I said is I noticed the difference under Sark vs Petersen in terms of let down games. There were quite a few before this staff where even Sark looked like he wanted to punch someone because the kids were flat and not coming close to expectation. What we have seen over the last two years is some of the pains of a staff turnover and some growing pains of starting kids way too early because of the lack of talent depth, but I've not see those same flat games.

If you'd like to keep arguing then by all means at least stop proving my points for me.

I wasn't the one saying Arizona could be a trap game for Washington that was duck fan. I had you starting 4-0. But keep being paranoid thinking I'm always trying to put down your team.

"that could be a trap too. beat those other 3 and get a false sense of security thinking they are better than they really are. go into Arizona with too much confidence and over look them" Duck fan

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't the one saying Arizona could be a trap game for Washington that was duck fan. I had you starting 4-0. But keep being paranoid thinking I'm always trying to put down your team.

"that could be a trap too. beat those other 3 and get a false sense of security thinking they are better than they really are. go into Arizona with too much confidence and over look them" Duck fan
You are really struggling to follow along here aren't you? :L

Yes, Oly made a statement about trap games and it was him I replied to. YOU chimed in asking if I had seen the USC game implying UW played flat and/or it was a trap game for them. I mean, that was what that conversation was. I cleared the air and said it wasn't. That's it. Now you are blathering on about nothing and actually accusing me of being the paranoid one. :lol: Seems pretty clear you are the one trying to stir up the pot here.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are really struggling to follow along here aren't you? :L

Yes, Oly made a statement about trap games and it was him I replied to. YOU chimed in asking if I had seen the USC game implying UW played flat and/or it was a trap game for them. I mean, that was what that conversation was. I cleared the air and said it wasn't. That's it. Now you are blathering on about nothing and actually accusing me of being the paranoid one. :lol: Seems pretty clear you are the one trying to stir up the pot here.

See you're making up shit. I never said anything about it being a trap game for Washington. Now you're trying to find something that doesn't make you look foolish. But no dice.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you do struggle to follow along simple conversations so this is no surprise.

Look, you chimed in to something I said that was on that topic. You questioned what my response was to THAT TOPIC and I replied back to THAT TOPIC.

How is this so hard for you?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you do struggle to follow along simple conversations so this is no surprise.

Look, you chimed in to something I said that was on that topic. You questioned what my response was to THAT TOPIC and I replied back to THAT TOPIC.

How is this so hard for you?

What you're not getting is I didn't say it was a trap game for Washington. I said I expect Washington to win the thier first four games. Duck fan chimed in with they should be careful Arizona could be a trap game. I can follow MY conversation well . You just butt in with your oversensitive paranoia and see what you want to see. And if in my opinion both SC and Washington didn't play well in the game I was present at then it's my opinion. You don't have to agree. So stop trying to play mind reader because you suck at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.