• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looked it up. he did play there and got hurt and called it a career

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I dont think they have football

OK point out another thing I didn't know about a conference I know nothing about. lol. Hawaii was once in the WAC so that's my only excuse.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Western Athletic conference includes Chicago

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Western Athletic conference includes Chicago
Why not? They were founding members of the Great Western Conference. You know the one - the one Michigan always brags about being the champion of.

Oh wait - you meant Chicago State.

(When did Chicago become a state?)

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? They were founding members of the Great Western Conference. You know the one - the one Michigan always brags about being the champion of.

Oh wait - you meant Chicago State.

(When did Chicago become a state?)
prob around the same time as San Jose, San Diego, Boise, Fresno, Ball, Chico, Portland, and all the others

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington has reportedly held informal talks with former Cal HC Jeff Tedford about joining the team as an offensive consultant.

Sounds like they're potentially exploring a similar role like Dennis Erickson had with Utah when he joined the program and was named as a "co-offensive coordinator".

Erickson seems to have really added a benefit to the Utah program. Their offense has improved with his time there.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Howard Lincoln is retiring and now Petersen might be adding one hell of a coach to his staff.

Man, what a day.

FYI, the 'talks' are informal at this time because Tedford is involved in some kind of camp that prevents him from having formal discussions so we probably won't hear anything official until after that camp is over.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Howard Lincoln is retiring and now Petersen might be adding one hell of a coach to his staff.

Man, what a day.

FYI, the 'talks' are informal at this time because Tedford is involved in some kind of camp that prevents him from having formal discussions so we probably won't hear anything official until after that camp is over.

Adding Tedford to our staff would be a tremendous hire. Tons of PAC experience and brings a lot of class + credibilty with him. If it's the right fit, Boom!!! Go Dawgs!!!

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't fool me . . Ball isn't even a city yet!
Washington has reportedly held informal talks with former Cal HC Jeff Tedford about joining the team as an offensive consultant.

Sounds like they're potentially exploring a similar role like Dennis Erickson had with Utah when he joined the program and was named as a "co-offensive coordinator".

Erickson seems to have really added a benefit to the Utah program. Their offense has improved with his time there.

Why would Peterson need an offensive consultant. I thought he brought in his system

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawaii sports media is running daily reports about QB Tua Tagovailoa as he's now the highest rated QB prospect ever to come from the state. He announced his final 6 yesterday on the nightly news last night and with him set to announce next week where he will be committing.

USC and UCLA are his final PAC choices, but Bama and Kiffen are reportedly putting in an all out blitz to land him and considered the fav. :puke:

It's really a two horse race between Bama and USC right now.

Where's @OregonDucks guarantee he would be in Eugene because of Mariota?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adding Tedford to our staff would be a tremendous hire. Tons of PAC experience and brings a lot of class + credibilty with him. If it's the right fit, Boom!!! Go Dawgs!!!
Given how we all feel about the lack of resume and questionable outcome of our OC Tedford coming would be just huge.
Why would Peterson need an offensive consultant. I thought he brought in his system
See the above. Not a lot of love for OC Jonathan Smith from the fans and alum at UW. While Petersen is for sure an offensive mind, he's not calling the plays. Smith is also the QB coach and we all know how much experience Tedford has with that position.

Even if you want to like Smith and have hopes he really develops into an incredible Pac12 coordinator, you can't not want the kind of experience and different perspective Tedford can bring while he's learning his craft.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given how we all feel about the lack of resume and questionable outcome of our OC Tedford coming would be just huge.

See the above. Not a lot of love for OC Jonathan Smith from the fans and alum at UW. While Petersen is for sure an offensive mind, he's not calling the plays. Smith is also the QB coach and we all know how much experience Tedford has with that position.

Even if you want to like Smith and have hopes he really develops into an incredible Pac12 coordinator, you can't not want the kind of experience and different perspective Tedford can bring while he's learning his craft.

Ok. Understandable. I'm not familiar with Petersons approach and style. I assumed he was pretty hands on with the offense even if he didn't call the plays.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Understandable. I'm not familiar with Petersons approach and style. I assumed he was pretty hands on with the offense even if he didn't call the plays.

Yep. But I don't place the blame for our meh offense since Petersen arrived solely on OC Smith and him. Sark left us with serious holes all over the team, especially at offense. Including a bunch of busts at QB. It's taken a tremendous effort to fix the mess he left behind and install the right players for the offense Petersen wants to run at UW.

Husky offense has got to stand on its own feet this year and not depend on the defense to bail it out anymore. An addition of Tedford would be a big boost to maximizing what we can do this year on offense.

6-6 won't cut it anymore. We"re expecting better in 2016. It's a critical year for the Dawgs, especially on offense. As long as everyone has the right role and don't step on each other's toes, the addition of Tedford could be a big difference maker for scoreboard results.

Status
Not open for further replies.