• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and im not saying the NC games arent the biggest. im saying other games are still considered big games.

What you're not getting is Ducks were supposed to be better than third place bowl wins. The Chip Kelly hubris, the neon shiny metallic Cir De Sole uniforms, the every RB we have is all world , the even our punter runs a 4.4 40, the we just reload at QB , the natty on a platter, the blow out wins the domination of the PAC and in the end you haven't done anything Stanford hasn't done . Oh wait, they do claim a couple titles. Simply you haven't lived up to the hype.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. Oregon hasn't lived up to the hype. lol.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a big game from a EPSN sucking off tSEC perspective, but let's be honest, Alabama will be a full strength, and USC isn't remotely. Including starting over with basically an entire new set of coaches and new QB.
Sure USC has some athletes of Alabama caliber, but it's not a complete unit yet and won't be for at least another 1 to 2 years.

This game isn't a playoff caliber matchup of equals. Anyone can admit that USC isn't there right now.

Exactly. It's a big game from the fact that it is 2 of the biggest names in college football playing each other. But in the overall scheme of things, it means very little (outside of a bump in SOS) and would still mean very little even if USC was at full strength. Losing the game won't even keep the losing team out of the playoffs if they run the table or don't lose more than 1 more game after that.

For USC, the most important thing about this game is that it will tell us a bit about how close we are to being "back."

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. It's a big game from the fact that it is 2 of the biggest names in college football playing each other. But in the overall scheme of things, it means very little (outside of a bump in SOS) and would still mean very little even if USC was at full strength. Losing the game won't even keep the losing team out of the playoffs if they run the table or don't lose more than 1 more game after that.

For USC, the most important thing about this game is that it will tell us a bit about how close we are to being "back."
Exactly. First game in a while I'm traveling to that I don't really give USC a chance to win. Saban has to much time to plan for the opener but hopefully I see some good things USC can build on.
You think they are gonna sneak Jalen in at WR sometime during the game?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. First game in a while I'm traveling to that I don't really give USC a chance to win. Saban has to much time to plan for the opener but hopefully I see some good things USC can build on.
You think they are gonna sneak Jalen in at WR sometime during the game?

They might, but he's been back at qb and apparently has been playing better than expected. He has a fairly unique skill set. I wonder if they sneak him in at qb with a certain mix of plays to take advantage of that. He may be the most mobile qb we've ever had.

From what I've read and saw in the spring game, it looks like Browne, Darnold and even Jalen are spreading the ball around more. The result was that Darreus Rogers looked really good in the spring game and we saw the tight ends involved more (which we saw a lot of in the PC days). I'm excited to see if that continues in the real games. There was way too much focus on getting the ball to 1 guy under Sarkiffian.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you're not getting is Ducks were supposed to be better than third place bowl wins. The Chip Kelly hubris, the neon shiny metallic Cir De Sole uniforms, the every RB we have is all world , the even our punter runs a 4.4 40, the we just reload at QB , the natty on a platter, the blow out wins the domination of the PAC and in the end you haven't done anything Stanford hasn't done . Oh wait, they do claim a couple titles. Simply you haven't lived up to the hype.
But all of that stuff was out of the mouth of Oregon Ducks. Chip had major short comings. mostly stuborness. uniforms dont win games. Oregon has done well at RB. QB took a hit but Oregon did what it had to do at the position and Adams when healthy was the answer. every school has misses, Lockie was a big one. Only OD says natty on a platter and is serious. no one else I have ever met has ever said that. and no Oregon fans that I know have ever thought it was that easy. clearly the common fan knows more than OD. Oregon has played for a couple championship in the modern era, something Stanford hasnt done since leather helmets. so yeah they have a couple titles from the days when my grandfather was still a boy.
No Oregon hasn't won a National title but that doesnt stop all the analysts and pundits from calling them one of the elite teams in college football today.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But all of that stuff was out of the mouth of Oregon Ducks. Chip had major short comings. mostly stuborness. uniforms dont win games. Oregon has done well at RB. QB took a hit but Oregon did what it had to do at the position and Adams when healthy was the answer. every school has misses, Lockie was a big one. Only OD says natty on a platter and is serious. no one else I have ever met has ever said that. and no Oregon fans that I know have ever thought it was that easy. clearly the common fan knows more than OD. Oregon has played for a couple championship in the modern era, something Stanford hasnt done since leather helmets. so yeah they have a couple titles from the days when my grandfather was still a boy.
No Oregon hasn't won a National title but that doesnt stop all the analysts and pundits from calling them one of the elite teams in college football today.

I just looked at the early preseason rankings. Obviously not that important at this stage but it is a gauge of what the pundits and analysts think of your team. For the first time in a while I see Oregon at 16-17-20 range. Not Elite range. You can live off a recent championship and sink down some like Florida State and still be thought of as elite or you can be considered elite if you're in the NC race often like Oregon has been but Florida State can point to that trophy. If Oregon ends up anything less than top six ish its no longer going to be considered elite.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But all of that stuff was out of the mouth of Oregon Ducks.

No it wasn't. Mamba was saying a lot of that shit too and was posting videos of qb's that were going to step right in and replace Mariota. There were also plenty of tweets, etc. shared on here from Ducks fans.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon isn't elite. They have glittering facilities thanks to Uncle Phil check book, but that doesn't make you an elite program. Nether does a parade of different uniforms or the Nike sponsored media hype.

The trophy case and performances in big games is what makes you elite. I also factor in that you not stocking your team with tards who can't spell their name and have no business being near a college campus vs. the program's who expect their SAs to get grades and not arrested every year. It's why I consider Stanford elite and Oregon not.

The Ducks defense was world class bad most of the season and they perpetrated the biggest tank job in the history of cfb just a couple months ago.

The downward spiral is in full effect and many of their fans are starting to admit it. The window is closed. Over.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon isn't elite. They have glittering facilities thanks to Uncle Phil check book, but that doesn't make you an elite program. Nether does a parade of different uniforms or the Nike sponsored media hype.

The trophy case and performances in big games is what makes you elite. I also factor in that you not stocking your team with tards who can't spell their name and have no business being near a college campus vs. the program's who expect their SAs to get grades and not arrested every year. It's why I consider Stanford elite and Oregon not.

The Ducks defense was world class bad most of the season and they perpetrated the biggest tank job in the history of cfb just a couple months ago.

The downward spiral is in full effect and many of their fans are starting to admit it. The window is closed. Over.

Tell us how you really feel.lol

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it wasn't. Mamba was saying a lot of that shit too and was posting videos of qb's that were going to step right in and replace Mariota. There were also plenty of tweets, etc. shared on here from Ducks fans.

Whatever happened to Mahalak or Jonsen. Ducks kept claiming they were instant "next man up" after Mariota. Especially Mahalak.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This topic is beat to death every year. Oregon fans think they're elite, everyone else disagrees. It's that simple.

True but there's not much to yap about this time of year.
As a USC fan I can't really even get excited about recruiting. It's been get one lose two get two lose one.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever happened to Mahalak or Jonsen. Ducks kept claiming they were instant "next man up" after Mariota. Especially Mahalak.

Oregon fan wants to say they didnt' hype these guys but I notice I'm familiar with these names. I don't know the names of husky recruits and back ups or Sundevils or Bruins or Cardinal. I don't know whos starting in place of Hogan this year or Cals new starter . But I heard so much about these Duck can't miss, the next great one, we just make Heisman QBs. And they didn't live up to the hype.
It's a microcosm of the Oregon program.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please tell me what makes Stanford elite and Oregon not. because outside of some pre 1950s NC oregon has done more than Stanford especially in the last 25 or so years.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahalak was self admittingly lazy and did not put in any kind of effort due to being behind guy he didnt think he could surpass.
Jonsen was hurt all of last season but is competing for the starting job now. from the sounds of it, it is him and Prukop with Alie and Lockie fighting for 3rd and maybe not even that.

Status
Not open for further replies.