• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good sign for Huskies then. you can't win big games if you can't stop the other team from scoring. Oregons tried the we can can score a lot game for quite a few years now and nada.
thats not quite true. Oregon has won plenty of games with points and had a more middle Defense up until the last 2 years so they made good stops when needed. even with a shit D they still beat USC and Stanford last year.
Washington makes the stops on D but if they cant get in the end zone they wont win.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats not quite true. Oregon has won plenty of games with points and had a more middle Defense up until the last 2 years so they made good stops when needed. even with a shit D they still beat USC and Stanford last year.
Washington makes the stops on D but if they cant get in the end zone they wont win.

It is quite true. You've scored a lot of points but when it came down to playing true top teams with balance your scoring average goes down and your defense hasn't been good enough . The times stanford beat you it wasn't because it was a shoot out. They had a good enough defense to stop you from running away and good enough offense to score enough to win. The Ohio States and Alabamas and Florida States won because not only did they have good offense they had really good defense. Washington wont catch you on offense but what they can do is build a defense that keeps you close and if they can get enough offense they can certainly beat the Ducks.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is quite true. You've scored a lot of points but when it came down to playing true top teams with balance your scoring average goes down and your defense hasn't been good enough . The times stanford beat you it wasn't because it was a shoot out. They had a good enough defense to stop you from running away and good enough offense to score enough to win. The Ohio States and Alabamas and Florida States won because not only did they have good offense they had really good defense. Washington wont catch you on offense but what they can do is build a defense that keeps you close and if they can get enough offense they can certainly beat the Ducks.
first I do not play for Oregon nor did I. I am not part of the conversation. I did not score or stop anyone.
Oregon never played Bama and beat Florida State. Ohio State is the only team that beat Oregon consistant.
As far as stanford goes Oregon did beat them, and like I said USC, Michigan State, Florida State, Kansas State, Wisconsin, Texas, Oklahoma State. these weren't small games. and Oregon won which is what you argued.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first I do not play for Oregon nor did I. I am not part of the conversation. I did not score or stop anyone.
Oregon never played Bama and beat Florida State. Ohio State is the only team that beat Oregon consistant.
As far as stanford goes Oregon did beat them, and like I said USC, Michigan State, Florida State, Kansas State, Wisconsin, Texas, Oklahoma State. these weren't small games. and Oregon won which is what you argued.

Well, Oregon has had the best offensive system for scoring in decades. Many blow outs. Yet you can't
show me one national Championship trophy. Can you? Please feel free to answer that.
You won games against teams whos defense couldn't slow you down enough for their offense to win. But none of the teams that beat Oregon did it because their offense was better than your offense. It was their defense that slowed Oregon down enough. Those team you listed that Oregon beat in "big" games they werent playing Oregon for the ultimate prize.
Which takes me back to my original point. Washingtion isn't going to beat the Ducks with a better offense (if they do) they are going to have a defense that holds the Ducks within range and a decent not great offense. I'm not saying it's here but it's trending.
And you suck for making me say good things about the Huskies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the only the National Championship counts as a "big game"? highly ranked teams playing eachother in non conference games dont matter? bowl games dont matter? Rose and Fiesta Bowls dont matter? division and conference titles dont matter? none of that counts as big?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They say the enemy of my enemy is my friend, but not in this case.

Carry on.

:pop2:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the only the National Championship counts as a "big game"? highly ranked teams playing eachother in non conference games dont matter? bowl games dont matter? Rose and Fiesta Bowls dont matter? division and conference titles dont matter? none of that counts as big?

Well if you'd like to be considered an elite national power yeah. If not then you can brag all you want about conference championships and Rose Bowls. But like many here and on the big board it's funny if thats whats it's come down to after all the chest thumping the past couple years.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill be sure to let the gameday crew that when USC goes and plays Alabama it is not in any way a big game.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill be sure to let the gameday crew that when USC goes and plays Alabama it is not in any way a big game.

Yeah, your right. The winner doesn't isn't crowned the Champion of college football. And here I thought you weren't getting the concept.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know who says this kind of shit?

Fans of teams with no national championships.

Congrats on the occasional Rose Bowl win. USC has won more Rose Bowls than anyone. It's great to win them. But winning a national championship is much better. Not even a close comparison.

Also, beating USC, Stanford, Wiscy and MSU is nice, but Oregon says they want to win national championships. When they've had the chance to win one though, they've fallen short because of their defense. The only exception is maybe the first NC game vs. Auburn.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having a game be for the national championship has not made the game feel less big to me compared to the ones that were. My anxiety for the Roses and the Fiesta bowl, going to MSU going to Tennessee, year after year playing the Stanfords, the USCs, UCLAs sits the same.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, your right. The winner doesn't isn't crowned the Champion of college football. And here I thought you weren't getting the concept.
it was sarcasm because you know they will be puffing it up before the season gets here

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having a game be for the national championship has not made the game feel less big to me compared to the ones that were. My anxiety for the Roses and the Fiesta bowl, going to MSU going to Tennessee, year after year playing the Stanfords, the USCs, UCLAs sits the same.
:burt:

Even when the game was still the same old bowls and not the playoffs, it was still a MUCH bigger game when the title was on the line. And it's really not even in the same zip code.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even when the game was still the same old bowls and not the playoffs, it was still a MUCH bigger game when the title was on the line. And it's really not even in the same zip code.
but the others are still considered big games.
Im saying, for me my anxiety for both times Oregon played for the title was really no bigger in my head, chest and stomach than when they played in other big games like the rose and Fiesta and playing for the Pac 12 title.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you didn't mean what you wrote. Yeah ok. Backpedal much?
its not a backpedal if you didnt understand what I wrote the first time and i had to explain that saying that i would explain it to the gameday crew, semi celebrity panel, that I have no access to, is sarcasm.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and im not saying the NC games arent the biggest. im saying other games are still considered big games.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and im not saying the NC games arent the biggest. im saying other games are still considered big games.
:wtf:

Duck logic

So you see them exactly the same, but then tell me you aren't saying one isn't bigger than the others, but that the others are still big?
:L

giphy.gif

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a big game from a EPSN sucking off tSEC perspective, but let's be honest, Alabama will be a full strength, and USC isn't remotely. Including starting over with basically an entire new set of coaches and new QB.
Sure USC has some athletes of Alabama caliber, but it's not a complete unit yet and won't be for at least another 1 to 2 years.

This game isn't a playoff caliber matchup of equals. Anyone can admit that USC isn't there right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.