• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Oregon State has a new DC now, guy out of Utah State last year. Worked w/ Anderson in the same capacity in the past. Stay w/ what you know.

ONWERDZ!

I heard Whereon is interviewing Justin Wilcox, I guess the party will be in Eugene Oregon.. LFOL

What a POS

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who is going to be the early favorites to win the north and the south divisions next year? I bet any list that comes out now will end up changing before fall. Way too many questions with most of the big contenders this off season. USC, Oregon, Stanford are all usual suspects and all breaking in new QB's. USC and Oregon will also both be dealing with coaching changes of some sort. UCLA and UW have their true freshman QB's returning, but Petersen hasn't proven he can win at this level yet and Mora hasn't taken any of his teams over the hump yet either. Either of the zona schools look like they are moving forward? I'm personally leery of picking either of them after so many disappointments.

What's your top 3 of both divisions look like now. Bet it won't be close to the results.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes NN?

You don't believe either arizona team has ended the season with less than expected results in recent years? I'm not slamming either one. I would love to see either be a thorn in USC's side and make a run at the south. Really would. Every time they appear on paper to have something that should reach that far something happens.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes NN?

You don't believe either arizona team has ended the season with less than expected results in recent years? I'm not slamming either one. I would love to see either be a thorn in USC's side and make a run at the south. Really would. Every time they appear on paper to have something that should reach that far something happens.

Rest assured that neither ASU

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon fans better check their Nike money bloated egos when it comes to this hire. When you look at it, the situation is going to turn off many potential candidates for the following reason.

Unlike most situations when a new DC is hired, Oregon is going to be dictating that the new DC coming in won't be able to bring a new staff or even a couple of his own people along. He'll still have to deal with the existing staff of defensive assistants.

This is where things will get really difficult in the sales pitch.

While in many ways, the system that Oregon had of maintaining a very stable coaching staff the past decade and almost always promoting from within was a strength, this is very new waters for this program as it could be a major issue that turns many candidates away and works against you.

So while your all dreaming that Uncle Phil is going to whip out the wallet and bring in some NFL defensive coach or bigname college DC/recruiting god, you better check those egos, because this situation is going to make it a very difficult hire unless an agreement is made that the DC can bring in some of his own choices for the assistants.

Even someone like Justin Wilcox, as a former Duck player, might be hesitant to walk into that.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barry J Sanders has been granted a release to do a graduate transfer (to any school not in the PAC), and RS Jr. WR Michael Rector has finished his degree and is most likely going to enter the draft. His ambition is Medical School and an extra year in an MS program will not benefit him that much.

So add those 2 to Hooper plus the senior starters who are graduating and Stanford is losing 6 starters on offense (Murphy, Garnett, Hogan, Cajuste, Hooper, Rector) and 5 starters on defense (Shittu, Scarlett, K. Andersen, Martinez and Harris).

There is talent to back all of those guys up, but there will be some growing pains on the O-line in particular. The key will be if Chryst (#3 PP, RS SO in '16) or Burns (#5 DT, RS Jr. in '16) has learned the offense and how to make the correct check downs from the 4 plays they are generally given pre-snap. IF, big IF the QB's in waiting have learned the system then Stanford could be OK, if not it could be another 8-4 season. The only easy wins on the schedule (even year road schedule is a terror) are Kansas, Rice, Oregon State and Colorado. The rest are toss ups at best.
I wish the kid well, sucks that he got stuck behind what is essentially this generation's version of his dad.

Now, if you want a real laugh go check out the thread about it on the CFB board and get ready to die laughing as ElJexan tries to defend his position that a Communications undergrad degree from Stanford and Okie State are all but identical.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the kid well, sucks that he got stuck behind what is essentially this generation's version of his dad.

Now, if you want a real laugh go check out the thread about it on the CFB board and get ready to die laughing as ElJexan tries to defend his position that a Communications undergrad degree from Stanford and Okie State are all but identical.
I am not one of those alums who thinks Stanford is the end all be all. As with any university, much of what you get from your education is result of what you put into it. However, the two programs are just plain geared differently. As with most Stanford programs research and theory are a heavy component of the Comm degree.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not one of those alums who thinks Stanford is the end all be all. As with any university, much of what you get from your education is result of what you put into it. However, the two programs are just plain geared differently. As with most Stanford programs research and theory are a heavy component of the Comm degree.

Stawp being so damn reasonable. This is a sports message board. :lol:

This is how it's done:

Communications degree from Stanford ensures that you are familiar with and up to date on and can operate all of the latest technology and theories. A communication degree from Okie St. means you can operate 2 tin cans and a string.

Smart guys. :gaah:

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stawp being so damn reasonable. This is a sports message board. :lol:

This is how it's done:

Communications degree from Stanford ensures that you are familiar with and up to date on and can operate all of the latest technology and theories. A communication degree from Okie St. means you can operate 2 tin cans and a string.

Smart guys. :gaah:
Ok you got me. Read my reply in that thread, the degrees are completely different at the two schools.

I will stop being reasonable.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't get sometimes is when a kid whos good but by no means a lock to get into the next level goes to a school like Alabama or Texas A&M . Thats fine if you're going to stay in Bama or Texas but if you plan to live back in Cali you wont have the alum network help like if you went to Cal or UCLA , USC

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the interest of not being reasonable. Hey @clarkson23devils how did #WildCaff do against a good D as compared to, oh say, Henry?

Oh and this return is still just silly.

heisman-trophy-mccaffrey.jpg

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the interest of not being reasonable. Hey @clarkson23devils how did #WildCaff do against a good D as compared to, oh say, Henry?

View attachment 74452
Clark is singularly obsessed now over a game that took place months ago. I'm sure he has no time to comment on McCaffrey. :dhd:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 74452
I give him credit for his performance vs Iowa. But I cant give him the heisman. Henrys TD ratio is just too much. He did solidify the record tho when he surpassed the 30 yards putting him ahead of sanders including sanders bowl game tho. Congrats on A great season Buddha you are A class act sir. Im already missing CFB cant wait for next season again :suds:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon fans better check their Nike money bloated egos when it comes to this hire. When you look at it, the situation is going to turn off many potential candidates for the following reason.

Unlike most situations when a new DC is hired, Oregon is going to be dictating that the new DC coming in won't be able to bring a new staff or even a couple of his own people along. He'll still have to deal with the existing staff of defensive assistants.

This is where things will get really difficult in the sales pitch.

While in many ways, the system that Oregon had of maintaining a very stable coaching staff the past decade and almost always promoting from within was a strength, this is very new waters for this program as it could be a major issue that turns many candidates away and works against you.

So while your all dreaming that Uncle Phil is going to whip out the wallet and bring in some NFL defensive coach or bigname college DC/recruiting god, you better check those egos, because this situation is going to make it a very difficult hire unless an agreement is made that the DC can bring in some of his own choices for the assistants.

Even someone like Justin Wilcox, as a former Duck player, might be hesitant to walk into that.

Yeah, not sure what they're thinking with that stipulation. Seems like it would be difficult to get a top notch guy. They could end up having to hire a position coach from somewhere instead of an experienced DC. Or maybe a DC from some smaller program who's just looking to break into a big boy conference.

I can see them saying "You can bring in who you want, but this one guy is untouchable" (I think USC did that with Oregeron once during the Pete Carroll era when they had to hire a DC). I don't think I've ever seen a school say that the incoming coordinator has to keep every assistant on staff though.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington will be looking for a new AD. Scott Woodward is reported to have accepted an offer to become the AD at Texas A&M. Rumors about this happening were around for a couple days now. Micheal Young, the president of A&M worked at Washington and obviously why he pursued Woodward.

Bummer. Woodward has a good reputation and the they knocked it out of the park with the new stadium and facilities upgrades for many of the sports programs.

Hope they can land another good one and don't end up with disaster like Barabara "Edith Bunker" Hedges. She's all yours USC. Keep her forever.
That is a bummer, just heard this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.