• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merry Christmas to all the PAC12 SportsHoopla Peeps. Wishing you all the best. Thanks for keeping the world of football fun this year. Cheers. :suds:

xmass-tree-1024x576.jpg

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will chime in, first, merry Christmas

secondly. I agree partly with @WizardHawk . it is concerning that we really need these transfer qbs. but I will stop short of saying we have issues. I strongly feel the coaching staff realizes they swung and missed with Lockie, and Mahalak. with johnsen's injury, we are one to two years away from having a qb that can run this offense. these are not issues. they are the signs of a team and a coaching staff that wants to do whatever it takes to stay in the spotlight while trying to recruit that next star qb (hopefully touchdown terry Wilson?)

any husky fan would have to honestly ask themselves, if you have the talent Oregon has on the offense, and you have a shot of making a run at the playoff, but all you need is a qb that can run the show, would you take A proven transfer, or give the keys to a Lockie type qb? exactly. welcome to _______ Mr transfer.

my main question is with oregons defense being so bad, why don't we get transfer lineman, corners, linebackers, hell, let's put together a dream team of transfers, I will give Dennis Erickson a call . I hear he has experience doing that
Of course we would take the JC or grad transfer if they were better. And would be damned happy we found one. All I said is I'd also be asking the staff why transfers were needed in the first place as starters and wonder what they are doing about their current scouting/evaluating/coaching up of the kids in the system at that position. Wouldn't want to have to deal with that more than one season.

Again, UW SHOULD have gone after a JC transfer the year they started Cyler fucking Miles. They could have ran about just about anyone and had better play from them. Clearly our in house system was a lot more fucked up than we knew before Sark left. That cupboard was entirely bare for sure. Still super thin behind Jake Browning right now.

And, Merry Christmas to you too.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A hired gun is someone who someone else developed and you bring in to use. You're supposed to recruit the players you're going to use. Everyone brings in a JC transfer here n there but this is something different. Oregon is bringing in a fully developed QB. Most big time programs have had QBs who sat on the bench for a few years and decide to leave for a smaller program to get some playing time. That's the norm. What Oregon is doing is not prohibited because this wasn't it's intention which makes it unethical in my mind. Washington had young QBs this past year .UCLA used a true freshman this past year a kid who was playing high school last year. They did that rather than go find some kid whos been playing for four years someplace and whos further developed and use him for a year for an extra win or two.
It's only unethical if you are suggesting the major each is going to Oregon for is made up. THAT would be unethical. I haven't paid enough attention to either to know what their stated class that wasn't offered at their prior institution, but if they are valid there's nothing wrong with it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I strongly feel the coaching staff realizes they swung and missed with Lockie, and Mahalak. with johnsen's injury, we are one to two years away from having a qb that can run this offense. these are not issues.

Actually, it shows potential issues both now and in the future. It's a potential issue now because it makes one wonder if Oregon's current staff can't develop quarterbacks or if they just aren't as good at evaluating talent as when Kelly was the coach.

It's a potential future issue because top qb recruits may be turned off by Oregon taking in 5th year senior transfers rather than giving their own guys a shot.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bit surprising considering no DC no dline coach.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope all you non Cougs and SEC fans get coal in your stockings...but merry Christmas

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, I think USC's last JC transfer was Keyshawn Johnson.
Maybe the last one you remember being of significant value. There are a handful of CC and JC transfers on roster right now though

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it shows potential issues both now and in the future. It's a potential issue now because it makes one wonder if Oregon's current staff can't develop quarterbacks or if they just aren't as good at evaluating talent as when Kelly was the coach.

It's a potential future issue because top qb recruits may be turned off by Oregon taking in 5th year senior transfers rather than giving their own guys a shot.
Don't forget Mariota was a Helfrich find. Kelly was the head coach at the time but the QB coach/OC was heflrich and he was the one in Hawaii who found him. Helfrich was also the one recruiting Manziel.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only unethical if you are suggesting the major each is going to Oregon for is made up. THAT would be unethical. I haven't paid enough attention to either to know what their stated class that wasn't offered at their prior institution, but if they are valid there's nothing wrong with it.

The rule is there so students can be rewarded for getting their bachelors degree early and allowing them to play one last year while they go for their masters . It wasn't set up so big colleges can use smaller programs as minor leagues and turn players into free agents.
Adams wasn't there for academic reasons obviously. I'm willing to bet he's not even going to school anymore. Its just a charade and I'm sure this loophole will be fixed in time.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget Mariota was a Helfrich find. Kelly was the head coach at the time but the QB coach/OC was heflrich and he was the one in Hawaii who found him. Helfrich was also the one recruiting Manziel.
And now he had Frost doing that leg work? It doesn't prove the talent evaluation isn't more problematic right now. Of course every team is going to miss on some, but missing on every kid in the system at once isn't good for any program. UW started a true freshman because of the same thing and they clearly were a dumpster fire at QB. Congrats on having the same issues as a rebuilding second tier team.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now he had Frost doing that leg work? It doesn't prove the talent evaluation isn't more problematic right now. Of course every team is going to miss on some, but missing on every kid in the system at once isn't good for any program. UW started a true freshman because of the same thing and they clearly were a dumpster fire at QB. Congrats on having the same issues as a rebuilding second tier team.
Cant say they missed on all. Jonsen was hurt. Allie was a walk on anyway. Lockie was a miss. Mahalak could be a miss could just need more time to develop into what they want. Adams came a long at the right time. We still dont know what will happen with Prukop. Then you have Bennett, Hobbs and Rodriguez who transferred so for all we know one of them could have been the guy.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bit surprising considering no DC no dline coach.

Bozo the clown could land top 10 classes at USC. It's not surprising in the least. Coaching, developing players, and keeping all the 5 star egos in check & playing together is all you have to do. With USC, you never have to worry about recruiting, especially with kids who live in Southern California. It's already all built in.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bozo the clown could land top 10 classes at USC. It's not surprising in the least. Coaching, developing players, and keeping all the 5 star egos in check & playing together is all you have to do. With USC, you never have to worry about recruiting, especially with kids who live in Southern California. It's already all built in.

To compete in the PAC yeah but to be a National power you need to get some talent from other states usually Florida or Texas. This new recruit USC just got from Serra a is a beast but he's Nigerian born. Usually to get a big strong fast guys like that you need to go to these other states (Leonard Williams-Florida). O line, QBs and skill position players are all around here but you can build a monster defense easier in Alabama or Louisiana.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course we had to have a family function scheduled today. I'll miss at least the first 3 quarters of our bowl game. :tsk: Shit was planned months ago. Can't be an asshole and miss the family shit, but man this sucks. I'll have to catch both early games on DVR when I get home.

Git'er done Huskies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course we had to have a family function scheduled today. I'll miss at least the first 3 quarters of our bowl game. :tsk: Shit was planned months ago. Can't be an asshole and miss the family shit, but man this sucks. I'll have to catch both early games on DVR when I get home.

Git'er done Huskies.

I think I'd be coming down with a case of having eaten something that didn't agree with me. :lol:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant say they missed on all. Jonsen was hurt. Allie was a walk on anyway. Lockie was a miss. Mahalak could be a miss could just need more time to develop into what they want. Adams came a long at the right time. We still dont know what will happen with Prukop. Then you have Bennett, Hobbs and Rodriguez who transferred so for all we know one of them could have been the guy.

Seven names of QBs and none were the guy or at least not enough to stop your staff from getting Adams and Prukop. But development isn't the problem huh.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seven names of QBs and none were the guy or at least not enough to stop your staff from getting Adams and Prukop. But development isn't the problem huh.
3 of them transfered long before Adams was even ever in play. so no not 7 names. Bennett transfered because of losing starting spot to Mariota. Hobbs and Rodrigues in 14 when Mariota decided to come back for the 14 season in addition to Oregon bringing Mahalak.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Jonsen was probably not the guy last season but coming off injury its hard to know where he will be in the rotation if at all in 16. Haven't heard any injury recovery updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.