• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double down on ripping your own team to try to disparage another.
Weak trolling is weak.

As for the last bit of derp in your post, read again what you were responding to in the first place. Dayman spoke of Oregon and USC. You said you expect both to play better this year. It's not fucking rocket science. :L

You think I ripped USCs play to take a jab at Washington?LOL. I was totally upset at USCs coaches and players that day. was one of those you didn't show up at all days.That So much I didn't even focus at all on the opponent. That's why i asked Husky fan what he thought about Washington s play that day. Now a reply like hey it was a super young team new QB , first big road game , four starters out and freshman in their place would have been nice and would explain why they didn't beat USC by more. USC was a dumpster fire that day and Washington despite the youth ( now that you gave me some insight)took advantage. That's not putting down the Huskies it's just still ripping USC for their play that day.
As for you're misguided anger. The Day man wrote
TheDayMan said:
Oregon, and USC. Had way less trouble with USC over the past few years....
I wrote I expect both to play better this year. Meaning I expect both USC and Washington to play better. The topic was Washingtons schedule and how they would do. I can see how you could miss that but jeeze just ask what did I mean before going all ballistic.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only place USC is relevant anymore is the internet.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love people from once proud teams that offer up weak ass excuses. No, I really do. It's quite amusing.
Who doesn't like seeing people that have to diss on their own team in a lame attempt to disparage another.

A team full of mostly true freshmen/true sophomores went fairly early on the road and beat a team with supposed much higher talent and a lot more seasoned game experience in their house. The same team that went on to win the Pac12 South.

Now had Sark been suspended like the day before the game and it was at Husky stadium I could understand the distraction excuse. Sark wasn't let go until after that loss. Indeed, it appears that loss sent him over the edge. You have the cause and effect backward.

Amusing that you appear to expect Oregon and USC to play better with some sort of inference that UW won't also be substantially better. Until someone proves them wrong, UW has the strongest defense in the conference and will have all of the key pieces back again. It won't take much but continuing on the same trajectory as they have all this last season for that offense to keep making major steps forward. If you would like to overlook them and underestimate what they might be capable of, but all means do so. It's fully expected.

I do love the " once proud team" "went on to win the south" all in one posting. LOL.
You're the master of the backhand.lol

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, while he hadn't been fired yet, there is talk that the drinking was still going on and there are rumors that he may have been drunk on the sidelines. So, that likely had some effect on the players.

Having said that, what I saw as the biggest factor in that game was Washington's defense. If memory serves, that was the first game that anyone saw how fast and athletic that defense really was. It ended up being the strength of the team for the rest of the season. More than anything, that was the difference in the game.

USC's defense held Washington to 17 points in that game. I think if you asked anyone what they thought the outcome would be if the Huskies only scored 17 points, they'd have said USC wins by at least 10. I don't think anyone saw the Huskies defense only giving up 12 points.

Would we have had a different outcome if Sark weren't going through his issues or had been fired immediately after the Salute to Troy incident? I don't know. I just know that I saw a defense with some good players figure out just how good it really was.
That's a more sober look than jim was giving into that game. That was also another in a string of games around that time where everyone was frustrated with our offense. As I recall USC gave up 3 or 4 turnovers in the first half that UW wasn't able to produce any points on and at least one or two were nearly in FG range when they occurred. Given that they had issues in other games it would be easy to entirely dismiss the trojan D and put 100% of the blame on the offense, but that wouldn't be the whole story. At the end of the day both defenses were tough in that game and UW found a way to come out on top.

This is why I don't typically get into these prediction debates. Every fan base is going to go into the next season with high hopes and probably see their team as having more opportunities than they will likely realize. We know that USC will be on yet another HC and will be going into yet another change in schemes and staff. Doesn't mean they won't be dangerous, but I knock them down a peg from what I might otherwise think of their talent alone because of it. Cal, Oregon, and Stanford all have new QB's probably next year. Typically good for a step back for most programs. Doesn't mean they can't/won't win good games, it's just looking at the odds.

I see UW over the last two years and have seen stability and discipline of technique improving vastly. You see the kids buying in and giving results. More so this year on the defensive side, but the offense really started clicking later in the year. They will bring back so many key players next year with a lot more confidence and understanding. Just feels like it should be considered a major failure if they don't take another step forward. Given their totally shitty 3 home OOC game schedule, you are only asking for them to go 5-4 in conference to win 8. That is the same as asking for the team to go 7-5 this year subbing in boise state's loss. So suggesting you could/should expect enough improvement, along with the other teams and their known adjustments this off season, would mean 9 should be the minimum goal isn't asking that much IMO.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to be fair, I don't recall reading anything about Sark drinking before/during the UW game in particular. I thought it was the ASU game that I believe players were talking about him being drunk?

I don't know why it's so hard to simply give credit where it is due. Of course that team had distractions. Most teams do. Injuries, off field stupidity that leads to suspensions/legal troubles for players, etc. That's more or less the norm it seems like. Don't even start with the need to overcome shitty officiating on top of it. It's not easy to win at this level as is.

For some reason Jim simply can't give credit to a very tough UW defense that gave everyone fits all year. The entire loss was ONLY on USC's bad play and it was all about Sark's drinking. I just think that kind of narrow homerism is funny. That's all.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think I ripped USCs play to take a jab at Washington?LOL. I was totally upset at USCs coaches and players that day. was one of those you didn't show up at all days.That So much I didn't even focus at all on the opponent. That's why i asked Husky fan what he thought about Washington s play that day. Now a reply like hey it was a super young team new QB , first big road game , four starters out and freshman in their place would have been nice and would explain why they didn't beat USC by more. USC was a dumpster fire that day and Washington despite the youth ( now that you gave me some insight)took advantage. That's not putting down the Huskies it's just still ripping USC for their play that day.
As for you're misguided anger. The Day man wrote
TheDayMan said:
Oregon, and USC. Had way less trouble with USC over the past few years....
I wrote I expect both to play better this year. Meaning I expect both USC and Washington to play better. The topic was Washingtons schedule and how they would do. I can see how you could miss that but jeeze just ask what did I mean before going all ballistic.

My take on that game is a big reason USC was a "dumpster fire" that day was because our defense, which ended up #1 in the conference, gave you the biz all game long. When the game occurred, I could understand many USC fans looking to blame USC playing like a hot mess, especially on offense, because word wasn't out yet about how good our D was. But given that Washington sported the best defense in the PAC, by the time we were getting into Nov., USC fans could easily realize they lost that game because the Huskies D manhandled USC that day. That it wasn't cause USC shot themselves in the foot against some massively inferior opponent. Huskies D got us that W. They made you look bad.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do love the " once proud team" "went on to win the south" all in one posting. LOL.
You're the master of the backhand.lol

Hard to be the "once proud team" when the program has been destroyed by the NCAA. The Huskies went down that hill. If the Huskies can recover, certainly "the once proud team" can do as well, likely better.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon's offense overall was still in the top 10 before Adams came back healthy. with the running game Oregon will have next year they will still be dangerous if they find a serviceable QB. be it Prukop or a younger player. The defense will be better because frankly they cant be worse.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still Oly, you can understand if people question how much below the Mariota 2014 team they might be based off of unknowns at QB, new OC, and real head scratching over what they are doing on defense. Doesn't mean anyone is saying they aren't dangerous or won't still win a lot of games. But can any other team win the North over them? Has to be open for possibilities.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are saying that USC WR coach Tee Martin has been promoted to OC.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon could very well bring in its best recruiting class ever this year. We are almost top 10.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't rankings before late january kind of useless? I mean a lot of the top tier kids wait to announce until rather late so many of the top programs are waiting on kids that will substantially raise/lower their values.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on that game is a big reason USC was a "dumpster fire" that day was because our defense, which ended up #1 in the conference, gave you the biz all game long. When the game occurred, I could understand many USC fans looking to blame USC playing like a hot mess, especially on offense, because word wasn't out yet about how good our D was. But given that Washington sported the best defense in the PAC, by the time we were getting into Nov., USC fans could easily realize they lost that game because the Huskies D manhandled USC that day. That it wasn't cause USC shot themselves in the foot against some massively inferior opponent. Huskies D got us that W. They made you look bad.

I never said washington was massively inferior. Thats the paranoid husky fan take. I said USC played like shit. Has Washington never played like shit ever? Or every single loss was because the other team played great?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said washington was massively inferior. Thats the paranoid husky fan take. I said USC played like shit. Has Washington never played like shit ever? Or every single loss was because the other team played great?
How about most losses are caused from some level of both.

That's more or less what TF12 said. I'm sure others agree. It wasn't your offenses best day, but given that UW held a lot of good teams down it's reasonable to assume they were part of why they didn't perform well. That's all anyone said. It's more reasonable to say that than to simply say your drunk coach was to blame or some other excuse. Neither offense was great that day. A couple of USC's turnovers were probably on them and the rest were just great effort/play by the D. At the end of the day UW survived and won.

Can we put that game to bed now? I mean it was how many months ago? :noidea:

All of this because I dared to suggest I could see where UW could win 9 next season. :tsk:

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are saying that USC WR coach Tee Martin has been promoted to OC.

Yep not sure how I like that. Since firing the assistants they haven't made much noise in hiring any big names. They might go the same route for DC

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to be fair, I don't recall reading anything about Sark drinking before/during the UW game in particular. I thought it was the ASU game that I believe players were talking about him being drunk?

I don't know why it's so hard to simply give credit where it is due. Of course that team had distractions. Most teams do. Injuries, off field stupidity that leads to suspensions/legal troubles for players, etc. That's more or less the norm it seems like. Don't even start with the need to overcome shitty officiating on top of it. It's not easy to win at this level as is.

For some reason Jim simply can't give credit to a very tough UW defense that gave everyone fits all year. The entire loss was ONLY on USC's bad play and it was all about Sark's drinking. I just think that kind of narrow homerism is funny. That's all.

There was some talk about him possibly being drunk on the sidelines during the ASU game, but it was the first practice after the Washington game that he was sent home because he was drunk/acting strangely and then he was fired a couple of days after that. There was also some talk about him possibly being drunk during the Washington game, but I don't think that made it out to the media.

As I said, I believe his issues effected the team, but I don't believe that's why we lost. I didn't help, but it wasn't the reason. The reason was because Washington's defense was faster and more athletic than they had looked in any other game and the offense didn't adjust to it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If USC had won would Sark still be their HC right now?

I'm sure Sark really really really wanted to beat his former team. On top of the other stresses he was under and his growing inability to even hide his problem losing that game clearly sent him on a bender. If USC wins that game he's probably not fired that week. Would he have lasted one more week? 3? 5?

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hrrm I'm not sure how I feel about the Ducks playing the Cougs and Pups back to back early in the year. Both of them are on improving greatly from where there were just a couple year ago. Throw in Nebraska lead by Mike Riley and the first 6 weeks should be very interesting for Oregon.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep not sure how I like that. Since firing the assistants they haven't made much noise in hiring any big names. They might go the same route for DC

I'm good with it right now. Keeping Tee Martin on staff and happy is important because he's a great recruiter. Now we'll see how he is as a playcaller. Personally, I think Helton should have waited until after the bowl games to start firing assistants, but since I supported his hiring, I should probably trust his judgement.

Kind of hard to start hiring replacements right now, although I heard he's going to try and bring in his brother to coordinated the passing game.

Status
Not open for further replies.