• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree re: Wilcox. Give Stanford a little credit for making plays.

making plays? Most of the game yes. They are the better team but a D cord worth his weight will not let one guy beat a whole team, he will not let that player come out of the backfield uncovered or being covered by a player obviously too slow. It's unacceptable. You put two guys on him if you have to and make someone else beat you. His running kept Stanford ahead and thats his talent but unexcusable to have no one on him on certain plays.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
making plays? Most of the game yes. They are the better team but a D cord worth his weight will not let one guy beat a whole team, he will not let that player come out of the backfield uncovered or being covered by a player obviously too slow. It's unacceptable. You put two guys on him if you have to and make someone else beat you. His running kept Stanford ahead and thats his talent but unexcusable to have no one on him on certain plays.

The defensive coordinator wasn't on the field. USC got beat by a better, deeper, more experienced team. It happens. How about we give the guy a season or 2 with a full roster before we fire him?

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to @SUBuddha and the Trees. Way too many mistakes and waaaaaaayyyyyy too much Christian McCaffrey. That kid deserves serious Heisman love.

Worst part......he's a sophomore. So the PAC gets another year of him.:L
He is a Stanford kid, you get 2 more years, unlike Cal, Stanford players tend to graduate.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool, so you admit your team is a fraud then as well right? Their best win was against an Oregon team without their starting QB so surely that win doesn't count either.

Your defense gave up 443 yards in that game. What part of Falk's absence caused that? Gaskin burned you for 138 yards on the ground. I guess Falk would have actually tackled if he played? Your pass rush was weak as hell. I'm guessing Falk would have had at least 5 sacks? And you let a true frosh QB throw for over 200 yards. Falk was sure missed in that secondary wasn't he?
:L

Quit with the excuses. It just makes you look more butt hurt than everyone already knows you are.
The better team won that day and it wasn't even close.

Are you Hugh Millen or something? UW should get tons of credit but it's cute you think UW would have a shot at gassing out our defense had they been down 21 in the 1st quarter which they would've been had Falk been in not Bender.

Is our win against Oregon tainted, hell ya but when OD or Oregon fans point that out Cougs don't have teenage girk melt downs like Huskies do as though it's disrespectful.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol@meltdowns. :L
I don't think you know what that means.

Facts are UW won and mopped up the floor. That's a fact. They hold the AC again on the west side of the state where it belongs. All you have is woulda/coulda/shoulda. How's that working for you?

:lol:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dogs are for sure in a bowl since there aren't enough 6-6 teams to fill the allotment as it is, but what really matters is that gives them all those extra practices to get a leg up on next year. They will probably win, but against some podunk second tier team.
most likely a non power 5 team from Mountain West or CUSA

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol@meltdowns. :L
I don't think you know what that means.

Facts are UW won and mopped up the floor. That's a fact. They hold the AC again on the west side of the state where it belongs. All you have is woulda/coulda/shoulda. How's that working for you?

:lol:

Ya it sucks, but yes go look at you and you're brethren jump to a defense when captain obvious is said about our all American caliber quarterback wasn't playing a lowly school like Washington State lost to the mighty UW. Like I said you guys all act like nutless females like Hugh Millen.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else understand what he was saying? :noidea: I think it requires someone drunk to read that.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else understand what he was saying? :noidea: I think it requires someone drunk to read that.

Go drink some Crown, or I guess wine for Huskies and read my posts, they become clear.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Bieber for Heisman

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Zona AD is trying to claim that RichRod was offered the SC job, but turned them down to stay at Zona. So according to him, Muschamp wasn't their 1st option? :noidea:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dogs are for sure in a bowl since there aren't enough 6-6 teams to fill the allotment as it is, but what really matters is that gives them all those extra practices to get a leg up on next year. They will probably win, but against some podunk second tier team.

Appears many are calling that the Huskies bowl will be:

Armed Forces Bowl: Air Force vs Washington. (Fort Worth, Tx, Dec 29th)

Playing a service academy in a bowl will be a lot of fun. Like it. :usa2:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defensive coordinator wasn't on the field. USC got beat by a better, deeper, more experienced team. It happens. How about we give the guy a season or 2 with a full roster before we fire him?

The defensive coordinator does devise a game plan for the defense. I wonder If his plan was to let MaCaffery run wild and hope he tires himself out by the third quarter. He rushed for 115 in game one and 207 yards in this second game with the "adjustments" he made. It's like leaving Steph Curry unguarded. Yeah he's good but put a guy on him at least.
I think Wilcox should fly to New York and be the guy to hand the Heisman over to MaCaffrey if he wins it.
This was not about being undermanned. That's whats frustrating. Stanford had defensive players out in the game yet somehow didn't leave Juju wide open .

I'm not bitter about the game I knew Stanford was better but the offense was up to the task and the defensive players where playing great except for times where all the players were covered and #5 was left alone. That put the game out of reach and That's all on one guy.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defensive coordinator does devise a game plan for the defense. I wonder If his plan was to let MaCaffery run wild and hope he tires himself out by the third quarter. He rushed for 115 in game one and 207 yards in this second game with the "adjustments" he made. It's like leaving Steph Curry unguarded. Yeah he's good but put a guy on him at least.
I think Wilcox should fly to New York and be the guy to hand the Heisman over to MaCaffrey if he wins it.
This was not about being undermanned. That's whats frustrating. Stanford had defensive players out in the game yet somehow didn't leave Juju wide open .

I'm not bitter about the game I knew Stanford was better but the offense was up to the task and the defensive players where playing great except for times where all the players were covered and #5 was left alone. That put the game out of reach and That's all on one guy.

He didn't "allow" McCaffrey to "run wild." MCCaffrey is the best, most versatile player in college football. Remember Reggie Bush? He made some pretty good defenses and defensive coordinators look silly. McCaffrey is that type of player.

Like Su'a Cravens said after the game, "he got into man on man situations and he's going to win those 90% of the time. In my opinion, he should win the Heisman." It's not like Wilcox picked one style of defense and stuck with it no matter what. They tried zone, the tried man to man, the stacked the box. Nothing worked for more than a play or 2.

We got beat by a better team with a special player. Sometimes, it's just that simple.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I'm not saying that Wilcox is definitely the right guy or even that Helton intends to keep him. It's entirely possible that Helton has someone else in mind.

What I'm saying is that when Sark brought him over from Washington, he was considered one of the brightest young defensive minds in cfb for a reason. I seriously doubt that he suddenly forgot how to coach or scheme a defense. I'd just like to see what he can do with a full roster and some experienced players before we go firing him.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol@ 'letting McCaffrey run wild'.
Did you not get the memo that he passed Barry Sanders all purpose yards in a season record? That's no small feat. He passed up one of the greatest athletes of all time in a pretty impressive stat.

He's going to make your defense look ridiculous next year too. And ours, and pretty much every team that faces him.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol@ 'letting McCaffrey run wild'.
Did you not get the memo that he passed Barry Sanders all purpose yards in a season record? That's no small feat. He passed up one of the greatest athletes of all time in a pretty impressive stat.

He's going to make your defense look ridiculous next year too. And ours, and pretty much every team that faces him.

When you dont put anyone on him hes even better.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you dont put anyone on him hes even better.
That's true, I couldn't believe that play. How do you not have someone on him at all times?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a team turns down a bowl bid are they eligible for the next bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.