• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAH Dennis Erickson just took two players from Florida. They played at the same school and they had offers from 15 other schools from the south. He's selling and they're buying. what ever works bitches.
Is Dennis still associated with the Utes?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-star DE Oluwole Betiku (Gardena, CA) has committed to UCLA. He's rated the #1 DE recruit in the country. His offers included Alabama, FSU, Penn State, Oklahoma, and USC.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC is having a hell of a year recruiting.

Scary for all PAC teams.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your theory is USC on sanctions therefore Oregon did better in recruiting.
Oregon recruiting through the years before during and now after the USC sanctions has been relatively the same. so no I do not think that the USC sanctions had a huge impact on Oregon's success.

My theory is USC only getting 15 players a year allowed many players (usually top talent ) that would have gone to USC to go to different schools including Oregon and also kept USC from being a legitimate foe for Oregon. The road to the PAC championship was easier for Oregon with USC under sanctions only Stanford put up a fight.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC is having a hell of a year recruiting.

Scary for all PAC teams.
Depending on where Tate ends up right?

If he ends up a trojan it's game over.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and there is nothing wrong with that the * system ranking is flawed. Exposure plays a part. Mariota was a 3 star but didnt really play until his senior season and all the way out in Hawaii. If he played 2 or 3 seasons in HS probably would have been different ranking. If he would have been on the mainland, just about anywhere, probably would have been different. there are plenty of 2,3 star breakout players but also plenty of 4 and 5s that never pan out.

You cant say it's flawed just because of mariota. You can say he wasn't judged properly because he was in Hawaii but also because he didnt even start on his team till his senior year. Most good players play and they are usually judged well. Mariota was just a special find and not your usual 3*. People forget theres only around 25 five star players a year and like 1500 3 * players. Mariota was a diamond in the rough but how about the 40 other 3* QBs coming into college every year. Alabama , LSU, Ohio State, Florida (when it was winning) didn't win national championships because they found a bunch of unheralded 3* star players. All of them were tops in recruiting the previous three four years before their Championships. Even Auburn Had classes of #4, #7, in the few years prior to their championship. Obviously Cam put them over the top but they had talent that wasn't average. Now you can argue that a lot of 3* players mature later but thats for NFL drafting purposes. The 5-4 star player is usually ready to play at the college level and excel. Your oregon coaches are now getting more 4-5 star players aren't they?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your HC thought enough of this kid to offer him at 13 and has followed him since.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on where Tate ends up right?

If he ends up a trojan it's game over.

I don't really get the Martell hype. He's short and has a just okay arm. I'd be surprised if he's considered the top QB in the west by the time he's a senior.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your HC thought enough of this kid to offer him at 13 and has followed him since.

I know he likes him. I'm just saying i don't see it. He probably hasn't grown since he was 13. I've watched one of his games live (St. john Bosco game) and he just looked like a version of Johnny football without the arm . A lot of improv and very few times going to his second or third receiver. These days QBs ff big High schools have been coached for years and do look for the second or third option this kid is relying on his squirmyness to make plays. I hope he picks another school. Fink who USC got out of Glendora is a QB that I like much better. Tall big arm and fast.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he likes him. I'm just saying i don't see it. He probably hasn't grown since he was 13. I've watched one of his games live (St. john Bosco game) and he just looked like a version of Johnny football without the arm . A lot of improv and very few times going to his second or third receiver. These days QBs ff big High schools have been coached for years and do look for the second or third option this kid is relying on his squirmyness to make plays. I hope he picks another school. Fink who USC got out of Glendora is a QB that I like much better. Tall big arm and fast.
You too are high

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys can't see the "it" factor in Tate Martell I can't help you.

The guy is going to be the number 1 name in cfb very soon.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys can't see the "it" factor in Tate Martell I can't help you.

The guy is going to be the number 1 name in cfb very soon.

You're claiming that a 5'10 kid with a mid level arm and tendency to throw lazy jump balls that his football factory teammates catch is going to be the biggest star in CFB and we're the ones who are high? Because he can run a bit? He's quick, but he ain't Michel Vick.

If he goes to Arizona or Oregon he might have a really nice career, but he's a total system QB. It's not like he's Rosen or Eason where he'll just show up and be nails.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're claiming that a 5'10 kid with a mid level arm and tendency to throw lazy jump balls that his football factory teammates catch is going to be the biggest star in CFB and we're the ones who are high? Because he can run a bit? He's quick, but he ain't Michel Vick.

If he goes to Arizona or Oregon he might have a really nice career, but he's a total system QB. It's not like he's Rosen or Eason where he'll just show up and be nails.

I am sure you saw Johnny, Marcus, Tebow, and Cam coming before their Jr years in HS also.

He is 5'10" and just got done with his Sophomore year in HS.

You can't teach what Tate Martell has. Period. This isn't his NFL future we are talking about. This is a kid Tha has 2 years before he is on a college campus and is an elite and established qb.

He is going to be a household name. Whether you like it or not.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just turned 16, but by God. I am right and scout, 247, and rivals are wrong.

"He can't throw and pretty much sucks."

Fucking morons.

:burt:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he chooses Udud I take everything back I have said about him btw.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say he sucked. I didn't even imply that he sucked. I just think it's fucking laughable that you're so convinced that a kid with physical tools that aren't particularly overwhelming is going to be the next big thing because of some unexplainable "it" factor, which is really just code for "He can scramble well".

And the recruit rankings never, ever change and are never, ever wrong, especially about young hyped quarterbacks. Where's David Sills these days? How did Jimmy Clausen pan out?

Status
Not open for further replies.