• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well either way he's expected to make his public decision (again) between the 10th and 20th of this month. Mind you, he already committed to UW a couple of years ago and then pulled that after all the controversy over his making such a big decision before he was even in high school. I wouldn't place much stock in anything he says at this point.

I think it's going to be A&M myself, with Bama my second choice.

The only reason UW is still on the list is because he did really like the school/program and doesn't want to seem like a total turd committing and then entirely dumping them after Sark left, but who's he kidding? He committed to Sark and now Sark is at USC. I'd put UW 4th on his top 5 list accordingly.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all are right. Im wrong. This soon to be JR sucks

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way he goes to Michigan IMO.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say he sucked. I didn't even imply that he sucked. I just think it's fucking laughable that you're so convinced that a kid with physical tools that aren't particularly overwhelming is going to be the next big thing because of some unexplainable "it" factor, which is really just code for "He can scramble well".

And the recruit rankings never, ever change and are never, ever wrong, especially about young hyped quarterbacks. Where's David Sills these days? How did Jimmy Clausen pan out?
He is no Clausen.

When Trent Dilfer and everyone else is drooling over a not yet JR. I am buying. He has killed class of 15 and 16 kids in every work out ever. He is class of 17

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way he goes to Michigan IMO.
It's bama, aTm, SC, or UW.

Oregon hasn't offered. He has a boner over Mariota and Oregon.

I still have hope Helf/Frost are playing him for a later to come decomit and commit to UO.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant say it's flawed just because of mariota. You can say he wasn't judged properly because he was in Hawaii but also because he didnt even start on his team till his senior year. Most good players play and they are usually judged well. Mariota was just a special find and not your usual 3*. People forget theres only around 25 five star players a year and like 1500 3 * players. Mariota was a diamond in the rough but how about the 40 other 3* QBs coming into college every year. Alabama , LSU, Ohio State, Florida (when it was winning) didn't win national championships because they found a bunch of unheralded 3* star players. All of them were tops in recruiting the previous three four years before their Championships. Even Auburn Had classes of #4, #7, in the few years prior to their championship. Obviously Cam put them over the top but they had talent that wasn't average. Now you can argue that a lot of 3* players mature later but thats for NFL drafting purposes. The 5-4 star player is usually ready to play at the college level and excel. Your oregon coaches are now getting more 4-5 star players aren't they?
I never said just because of Mariota. there are plenty of other players that could be pointed out.
Philip Wright III, Paul Perkins, Charles Nelson, Kyle long, Dak Prescott, Johnny manziel, Devontae booker, Nelson Spruce and on and on.
There is also the part where depending on who and how many schools offer can increase the ranking.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say he sucked. I didn't even imply that he sucked. I just think it's fucking laughable that you're so convinced that a kid with physical tools that aren't particularly overwhelming is going to be the next big thing because of some unexplainable "it" factor, which is really just code for "He can scramble well".

And the recruit rankings never, ever change and are never, ever wrong, especially about young hyped quarterbacks. Where's David Sills these days? How did Jimmy Clausen pan out?

I leave it up to the coaches to be able to analyze if a kid whose still got two H.S. seasons is a candidate for the program. Most QBs tend to commit early in the process unless their plan is hoing themselves out to the highest bidder.

Martell has obviously some talent, but were still 2 seasons away from his LOI. So much can change, but for many of these H.S. QBs, by the end of their junior season, their already getting the primary offers that they will choose from.

Orygun Quacks

"Kenny Wheaton is going to score!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The end of Oregon's run? :noidea:

Ah yes, hello Wizard Hawk my old friend. I haven't crossed your path in many years. I hope all is well with you and the family. I see UW still hasn't beaten Oregon. I guess removing the running track from the field wasn't the good luck charm you thought it would be.:lol:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martell is going to be a high school junior. He likely still has a little growing to do. He's 5'10" now, but may be 6'0" to 6'2" by the time he graduates. Still not as big as teams might like, but big enough. Didn't we recently have a 5'11" qb lead his team to back to back Super Bowls?

Only being a junior means that he has 2 more seasons to work on things like reads, progressions and arm strength. It's clear that the tools are there or there wouldn't be this much interest in the kid this early.

Having said that, there is also the possibility that he's reached his ceiling and won't get any better. If that's the case, teams will lose interest over the next couple of seasons and his schollie offers will dry up.

We'll know a lot more in a couple of years. Early returns are favorable, however.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too early to call him the next jff in terms of his football play at the college level, but if he has anything like his expected play on his HS team over the next couple of seasons he's almost sure to be the next jff in terms of having his name shoved down our throats by ESPN and other national media. Really depends on what school he picks. If he goes to the Pac his hype will be fairly muted. If he does go to A&M or Bama ESPN will have features on him daily. It's what they do.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're claiming that a 5'10 kid with a mid level arm and tendency to throw lazy jump balls that his football factory teammates catch is going to be the biggest star in CFB and we're the ones who are high? Because he can run a bit? He's quick, but he ain't Michel Vick.

If he goes to Arizona or Oregon he might have a really nice career, but he's a total system QB. It's not like he's Rosen or Eason where he'll just show up and be nails.

It worked for Johnny Football at this level

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fanfuckingtastic..... :gaah:

4-star CB Naijiel Hale, who was entering his sophomore year, has been dismissed from the Washington program, Chris Petersen announces today. Disciplinary issue.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recruiting the children of rappers doesn't seem to be working out so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.