• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so 7 win sark talked shit about the Ducks. and the Ducks reminded him he is 0-5 against them.

Stay classy 7ark.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, now that they have a playoff I'd be in favor of sending Utah and Colorado back from whence they came. It could be argued that you needed to push our champ up the polls a bit, but not having that CCG wouldn't drive an undefeated Pac team lower than 4th. I'd much rather go back to playing every team every year and have a TRUE champion. Fuck the polls.
Colorado.....GTFO!!!

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think i read an article about an ownership change in the PAC :dhd: Fught On \/
Well if you read an article it must be true

dewey-truman_5.jpg

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark say USC will stick to heritage, and WON't be sporting 13 different uniforms, a jab at Oregon, maybe? Duck fans don't get you panties in a bind. USC will help your boys out in Nov, when they push your stool in for ya

So, it's official. Sark doesn't think USC will make the Pac12 championship game or the playoffs.

On the bright side, 7 wins still qualifies for a bowl. He is obviously optimistic about that.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, now that they have a playoff I'd be in favor of sending Utah and Colorado back from whence they came. It could be argued that you needed to push our champ up the polls a bit, but not having that CCG wouldn't drive an undefeated Pac team lower than 4th. I'd much rather go back to playing every team every year and have a TRUE champion. Fuck the polls.

It would be a mistake. It's not important until it is. I agree the playoffs has taken even more shine off things like SoS(where the CCG make their impact), but there will come a time when it's needed.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw, as usual I'm down for a 1 week avatar bet for the USC vs Stanford game.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a mistake. It's not important until it is. I agree the playoffs has taken even more shine off things like SoS(where the CCG make their impact), but there will come a time when it's needed.
If this thing heads toward an 8 game playoff like it should, CCG's won't matter much. Even a one loss P5 champion without a CCG will still be in with no problem.

I'd prefer it to what we have now because it's nuts to claim a championship in your conference when you have teams you don't play. Creates imbalance and presents holes that allow teams that might not otherwise deserve it to get praise anyway.

As an example: Let's say UCLA played Oregon during the regular season and lost but USC didn't play they them and ended up one game better in the standings. USC goes on and UCLA is penalized in an unfair way.

Play the fucking teams in your conference and beat them. That's what college football is supposed to be. These mega conferences are just stupid. My 2c anyway.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this thing heads toward an 8 game playoff like it should, CCG's won't matter much. Even a one loss P5 champion without a CCG will still be in with no problem.

I'd prefer it to what we have now because it's nuts to claim a championship in your conference when you have teams you don't play. Creates imbalance and presents holes that allow teams that might not otherwise deserve it to get praise anyway.

As an example: Let's say UCLA played Oregon during the regular season and lost but USC didn't play they them and ended up one game better in the standings. USC goes on and UCLA is penalized in an unfair way.

Play the fucking teams in your conference and beat them. That's what college football is supposed to be. These mega conferences are just stupid. My 2c anyway.

You're right, if they go to 8 team playoffs then what happens before the playoffs won't mean much of anything.

That's exactly why I'm against it.

The biggest games in history aren't conference games and never have been. College football has gotten better and more popular the more it's moved away from being a regional sport.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Btw, if UCLA plays Oregon and lost, even if USC doesn't play Oregon USC would still have to beat UCLA.

Otherwise it's the same record for both and UCLA wins the head to head tie breaker.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, if UCLA plays Oregon and lost, even if USC doesn't play Oregon USC would still have to beat UCLA.

Otherwise it's the same record for both and UCLA wins the head to head tie breaker.
SC plays Oregon before UCLA toward the tail end this year.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real problem with the 12 teams and the divisions with CCG is when you get scenarios like the SEC in 2011 with Alabama and LSU being in the same division. Yet, even though they were clearly the 2 best teams in the SEC, Georgia played LSU in the SECCG, which lead to a rematch in the NCG.

That's why I'm against divisions in the conference, as well as the label "division champion" getting to the championship game(similar to not likely "conference champion" automatically going to playoffs). Instead, they just need to rotate all the teams, but keep a few rivarly games(like Stanford should always play USC, Oregon vs Washington/Oregon St, etc). Then take the 2 best teams and put them in the conference championship game.

Status
Not open for further replies.