• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was against it. At times still am. I dont like it when Stanford and Oregon were the 2 best teams but from the same division 3 out of the 4 years now.

Utah took a couple years to get some traction, now to see if they can maintain it or at least hold solid. Colorado, still waiting but they have been alright in other sports. Making the tourney and winning the conference tourney in bball, Skiiing NCAA titles, Cross Country NCAA titles though people dont generally care about those things.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was against it. At times still am. I dont like it when Stanford and Oregon were the 2 best teams but from the same division 3 out of the 4 years now.

Utah took a couple years to get some traction, now to see if they can maintain it or at least hold solid. Colorado, still waiting but they have been alright in other sports. Making the tourney and winning the conference tourney in bball, Skiiing NCAA titles, Cross Country NCAA titles though people dont generally care about those things.

I still don't like it. But it's better than the alternative of not having a CCG held against the PAC champ.

Utah and Colorado are in a bit of a tough spot, imo. Both could actually be better than they were last year and still not move up in the standings. That might not change for a few years too.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand why they expanded though. Too many times the PAC champ was denied an NCG bid because the conference not having a CCG was held against them.
I don't think that is the issue. The problem the Pac has faced in the past is that too many of bottom half of the conference played weak out of conference schedules (and often did poorly against them) which hurt the entire conference in the computers. By the time a conference championship game opportunity came around, the damage had already been done.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making the tourney and winning the conference tourney in bball, Skiiing NCAA titles, Cross Country NCAA titles though people dont generally care about those things.
Whether or not a large number of people notice these things, they are still huge accomplishments and things of which a university can take a great deal of pride!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, same here. I didn't want the conference to expand to 12. I loved the 10 team, round robin format. In my opinion, that is how you get a true conference champion. If the conference goes the way the media has predicted, the CCG will be a re-match between USC and Oregon with USC winning.

What if Oregon wins the regular season game? Doesn't seem right that they would miss the playoff because, of the 2 games, they lost the wrong one.

I understand why they expanded though. Too many times the PAC champ was denied an NCG bid because the conference not having a CCG was held against them.
Honestly, now that they have a playoff I'd be in favor of sending Utah and Colorado back from whence they came. It could be argued that you needed to push our champ up the polls a bit, but not having that CCG wouldn't drive an undefeated Pac team lower than 4th. I'd much rather go back to playing every team every year and have a TRUE champion. Fuck the polls.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, now that they have a playoff I'd be in favor of sending Utah and Colorado back from whence they came. It could be argued that you needed to push our champ up the polls a bit, but not having that CCG wouldn't drive an undefeated Pac team lower than 4th. I'd much rather go back to playing every team every year and have a TRUE champion. Fuck the polls.

I agree in principle. However, as we've seen, it's very tough to make it through the PAC unscathed. Oregon managed to do it in 2010. Prior to that, it hadn't happened since USC did it in 2005. It's been argued that not having a CCG is what hurt the Big 12 last year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC-12 Media days have been interesting, but uneventful. RichRod told a pretty funny story about Mike Leach at some coaches meeting or something from a few years back.

Apparently RichRod and JoePa were sitting outside having a drink and they see some guy swimming in a lagoon. They were commenting on how the guy was really getting a good workout in. They see him get out of the water and it's Mike Leach in a speedo and goggles. RichRod said that no matter how he tries, he can't get that picture out of his head. :lol:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree in principle. However, as we've seen, it's very tough to make it through the PAC unscathed. Oregon managed to do it in 2010. Prior to that, it hadn't happened since USC did it in 2005. It's been argued that not having a CCG is what hurt the Big 12 last year.
Shouldn't be in the hunt if you can't run the table. Having teams you don't face in your own conf is a joke really. To me 12 teams only works if you go to a 14 game season.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't be in the hunt if you can't run the table. Having teams you don't face in your own conf is a joke really. To me 12 teams only works if you go to a 14 game season.

That would disqualify pretty much every team in every conference. Going undefeated is pretty difficult to do. Last year, tOSU made it through their conference schedule unbeaten, but lost an OOC game. Florida St. made it through the regular season unbeaten, but got exposed by Oregon.

I'd prefer that all conferences dropped a couple of their perennial bottom feeders and and move to 10 team, 9 conference game schedule, but that doesn't seem to be the direction things are going.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah was better than or equal to 7 other teams last year in record. and beat one of the teams with a better record. and the one the other 9-4 team.
They were down in 13 and 12 but in 11 they had a better record than 8 teams.
Im not ready to boot them just yet

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah was better than or equal to 7 other teams last year in record. and beat one of the teams with a better record. and the one the other 9-4 team.

*Looks around for @mrwallace2ku*

We could get rid of the Beavs. :heh:

:bolt:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I suggest booting them for their play on the field? They were the most recent teams added and thus have less of a claim to hold onto conference status. It has ZERO to do with what they have, or have not done on the field.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Looks around for @mrwallace2ku*

We could get rid of the Beavs. :heh:

:bolt:

I see you...kick a guy and his team in the nutz when their down, new coach and re-building. Never saw me in here hog-tying the Trojans when Carroll went AWOL or Bush was flush with cash. Fine TF, take your shots. We''ll see you boyz next year as always.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark say USC will stick to heritage, and WON't be sporting 13 different uniforms, a jab at Oregon, maybe? Duck fans don't get you panties in a bind. USC will help your boys out in Nov, when they push your stool in for ya

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you...kick a guy and his team in the nutz when their down, new coach and re-building. Never saw me in here hog-tying the Trojans when Carroll went AWOL or Bush was flush with cash. Fine TF, take your shots. We''ll see you boyz next year as always.

USC, sorry to say has become a expert in kicking folks square in the nuts, just ask Ohio St fans

Status
Not open for further replies.