• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty surprising. Not like ASU has been a powerhouse over the duration of that time.

I remember the game we last played there I felt like we should've won even though we lost by 10 points or something. I felt we outplayed them but just missed a lot of opportunities and had some shitty penalties if I'm correct.
It wasn't about how well ASU played over the last 15 years, it was another sign of how far UW had fallen after Neuheisel left and while Sark started the process, they didn't fully recover until Petersen got here. UW has broken quite a few 'streaks' and trends. Hopefully this is just another one.
Don't forget that you still have the PAC 12 CG, if the Huskies get that far.
Even if USC runs through the rest of their schedule, they won't have the street cred they normally carry after several lackluster performances this year and how bad Darnold looked against a now seriously defeated WSU team that Cal embarrassed.

Again, WSU's loss sent shock waves that impact every single top Pac team in some way. It always feels like national voters look for reasons to discredit the Pac as it is and now WSU handed them all the ammo they need on a silver platter.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't about how well ASU played over the last 15 years, it was another sign of how far UW had fallen after Neuheisel left and while Sark started the process, they didn't fully recover until Petersen got here. UW has broken quite a few 'streaks' and trends. Hopefully this is just another one.

Even if USC runs through the rest of their schedule, they won't have the street cred they normally carry after several lackluster performances this year and how bad Darnold looked against a now seriously defeated WSU team that Cal embarrassed.

Again, WSU's loss sent shock waves that impact every single top Pac team in some way. It always feels like national voters look for reasons to discredit the Pac as it is and now WSU handed them all the ammo they need on a silver platter.

Yeah I'm aware about the ASU thing. I'm just surprised because there were a number of teams that were on par with ASU over the course of those years that you'd think would've scraped out a win somewhere. Hell I still think we should've won in 2015.

Program started going downhill the second that bitch athletic director Barbara Hedges fired Jim Lambright and replaced him with Rick Neuweisel. 2000 was a great year, but the other 3 were merely above average and the program was left in a pathetic state after his departure.

Given our current coaching situation and the trajectory of this football program, I don't even care anymore. It's obviously a very premature statement to make, but Chris Petersen is looking like a guy who when it's all said and done will rival Don James as one of the great coaches in UW history. I love what he is doing at this school and he's a guy I don't think will be going anywhere.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm aware about the ASU thing. I'm just surprised because there were a number of teams that were on par with ASU over the course of those years that you'd think would've scraped out a win somewhere. Hell I still think we should've won in 2015.

Program started going downhill the second that bitch athletic director Barbara Hedges fired Jim Lambright and replaced him with Rick Neuweisel. 2000 was a great year, but the other 3 were merely above average and the program was left in a pathetic state after his departure.

Given our current coaching situation and the trajectory of this football program, I don't even care anymore. It's obviously a very premature statement to make, but Chris Petersen is looking like a guy who when it's all said and done will rival Don James as one of the great coaches in UW history. I love what he is doing at this school and he's a guy I don't think will be going anywhere.
Under Sark they were still horrible on the road even against subpar opponents. How many road games did Price win? Wasn't many.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two random observations regarding the PAC-12:

1. Have Cal games been this empty in other games this season? That stadium looked 50% occupied at it's fullest. I understand that theres the issues with the air quality and everything, and it's a Friday night game which sucks, but I can't recall the last time I've seen a PAC-12 stadium so empty in the middle of the second quarter. Also no offense to Cal fans, but the student section there was exceptionally unattractive. I don't know why that particularly bothered me.

2. I've said it before, I really like Justin Wilcox. I think he's doing great things at Cal. I can't recall if I mentioned it on this thread or on the Husky board, but he was a guy I initially wanted the Huskies to consider for head coach when Sark departed.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good way to get on TV.
True true these two fuckers are like finding Waldo at SC games :gaah:
sx8FDpd.jpg

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, half time report coming up will feature Leach's comments about his team last night.

Tune into ABC before half time of the Michigan game if you don't want to miss it. It was their halftime teaser.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh didn't catch that one. Still a game I think that USC will handily win.
Utah is still without Huntley and is relying on Troy Williams at QB, so yeah this one shouldn't be in contention late. I don't care how many injuries USC is dealing with. TW if fucking horrible.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah is still without Huntley and is relying on Troy Williams at QB, so yeah this one shouldn't be in contention late. I don't care how many injuries USC is dealing with. TW if fucking horrible.
Hopefully he's still in when they come here. He can live out his dream of actually getting to play in husky stadium.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was embarrassing. Luckily for me I didn't realize the Cougs played on Friday so my wife planned a tripped to the Haunted Corn Maze and I agreed. No idea why Leach didn't pull Falk, Luke was playing better against Boise State and got yanked.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Emphasis on Troy Williams being fucking horrible.