• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be fine with ucla going 4-1 during that stretch. I might even cheer for them against Utah and Colorad.... no I won't.
You'll be pulling for UCLA vs those two teams if you think of the bigger picture. Personally I'd kiss Oregon and WSU's ass if I thought it would help Washington make it to the PAC championship game. It's all about the big picture.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll be pulling for UCLA vs those two teams if you think of the bigger picture. Personally I'd kiss Oregon and WSU's ass if I thought it would help Washington make it to the PAC championship game. It's all about the big picture.
If you gave me a choice between my pulling for Oregon to win a game OR not making the playoffs, I'd take not making the playoffs every damned time. There isn't a scenario I would ever want to see them win a game. I don't care if it impacts us or makes the conference look bad or any other reason. Cougs? Well I don't hate them enough to root against them outside of the AC. I can just say I don't think I have ever pulled for USC or Oregon to win a game.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you gave me a choice between my pulling for Oregon to win a game OR not making the playoffs, I'd take not making the playoffs every damned time. There isn't a scenario I would ever want to see them win a game. I don't care if it impacts us or makes the conference look bad or any other reason. Cougs? Well I don't hate them enough to root against them outside of the AC. I can just say I don't think I have ever pulled for USC or Oregon to win a game.

You always want what's best for your team. <---- that's the winning answer.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I don't know football because I can't ever root for a team I don't like?

How about just go win enough games that you don't need help from teams you can't stand and start there?

You do get that no matter who I actually root for it has zero impact on the outcome of any real game right.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I don't know football because I can't ever root for a team I don't like?

How about just go win enough games that you don't need help from teams you can't stand and start there?

You do get that no matter who I actually root for it has zero impact on the outcome of any real game right.
I edited my post. Fact still remains that a true fan always wants what's best for his / her's team. Seeing how I'm a true Washington Huskies fan, I always want what's best for the Washington Huskies.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, so now you just judge how 'true' my fandom is based on having a different view.

I mean throw out that I've had season tickets for decades and go back to before Don James. Doesn't matter how much I supported them through the darkest time in the history of their program. I'm not a good fan because I can't ever pull for the Ducks.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't agree with that philosophy. Why does that have to mean I'm not a 'true' fan? I mean I'm not exactly upset if a team I hate wins a game that benefits me. Just said I still won't root for them myself. Why is that so bad?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, so now you just judge how 'true' my fandom is based on having a different view.

I mean throw out that I've had season tickets for decades and go back to before Don James. Doesn't matter how much I supported them through the darkest time in the history of their program. I'm not a good fan because I can't ever pull for the Ducks.
A real fan always wants what's best for their team. <--- that is the correct answer.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, you know so much about me that you can judge me and how much of a 'real' fan I am. If it makes you feel better to believe you are more of a real fan than I am, then knock yourself out.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, you know so much about me that you can judge me and how much of a 'real' fan I am. If it makes you feel better to believe you are more of a real fan than I am, then knock yourself out.
I can't help it if you don't always want what's best for your team.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Darkmark <--- rating my post eh. How about you slither back to Rivals and crawl back beneath that rock you love so much.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, I don't mind seeing oregon win if it helps the Dawgs. Then you can laugh at the dumbass oregon fans because their shitty team helped the Huskies by winning, after they got their ass kicked by the Huskies.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I've every ever cared if Washington won or lost a game unless they were playing USC. Same goes with Oregon State ,Arizona, ASU, Cal,Colorado, Utah (this year I do hope they lose every game they have left). Stanford I actually like to see them win especially when they play Notre Dame. UCLA I love to see them lose but I'd have to say if they have to win a game for USC to get to a Rose Bowl or something like that I can live with it. When Notre Dame played Alabama in the NCG I wished they would both lose.

Husky fans can't handle success . They're fighting each other.lol

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I have no idea what the hell sparked that discussion, but if you guys are talking about in a general sense of wanting them to win games to boost UW's perceived SoS, fuck that noise. If it's a specific situation in which oregon winning would clearly help UW that'd be hilarious and I'd enjoy their fans' conflicting feelings. OD wouldn't know what to do.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be rooting for UCLA in those games. They hold a direct impact on the PAC South standings. And SC needs Utah and Colorado to lose. Especially Utah they hold the tie breaker with a head to head win

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I've every ever cared if Washington won or lost a game unless they were playing USC. Same goes with Oregon State ,Arizona, ASU, Cal,Colorado, Utah (this year I do hope they lose every game they have left). Stanford I actually like to see them win especially when they play Notre Dame. UCLA I love to see them lose but I'd have to say if they have to win a game for USC to get to a Rose Bowl or something like that I can live with it. When Notre Dame played Alabama in the NCG I wished they would both lose.

Husky fans can't handle success . They're fighting each other.lol
I agree you put the rivalries aside when you aren't playing them. Especially when it holds a major impact on USC's season

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be rooting for UCLA in those games. They hold a direct impact on the PAC South standings. And SC needs Utah and Colorado to lose. Especially Utah they hold the tie breaker with a head to head win
66124806.jpg