• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way IMO CM is successful in the NFL is if he ends up on a team like the Pats. He can't play one position in the NFL, he's not great at any one thing but good at everything. The Pats are the only NFL franchise today that excels at evolving their system to fit their talent instead of trying to fit talent into their system.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way IMO CM is successful in the NFL is if he ends up on a team like the Pats. He can't play one position in the NFL, he's not great at any one thing but good at everything. The Pats are the only NFL franchise today that excels at evolving their system to fit their talent instead of trying to fit talent into their system.

I gave you a like for your first part of that message, though not the second...

I thought the Pats had a WAY that players had to conform to?!?!?!?!?

I just hope to God the Bucs dont draft him, he is a Waiting Injury...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That "Patriot's way" is stupid, every team has their way, they just have been a dynasty compared to everyone else. They just seem to always get CM type production out of inferior players and once those guys leave they turn to shit. The Pats, Packers or Lions are essentially the teams he needs to go to, where they give a slot receiver the ball a few times a game.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That "Patriot's way" is stupid, every team has their way, they just have been a dynasty compared to everyone else. They just seem to always get CM type production out of inferior players and once those guys leave they turn to shit. The Pats, Packers or Lions are essentially the teams he needs to go to, where they give a slot receiver the ball a few times a game.
I hope he goes to the Browns...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, not much to talk about until everyone is in full spring practice at least.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spring practice has begun. First pics coming out and Darnold looks very different to me. He was being recruited as a linebacker at some point and played basketball for his HS. He looks a little leaner and starting to get the QB body.

AR-170309527.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spring practice has begun. First pics coming out and Darnold looks very different to me. He was being recruited as a linebacker at some point and played basketball for his HS. He looks a little leaner and starting to get the QB body.

AR-170309527.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

Yeah, last year he looked like he had some "baby fat" (for lack of a better term), that appears to be gone. Hopefully, being a little leaner will make him even quicker. He may need it, especially early, because the o-line is going to be fairly inexperienced. As of now (1 spring practice in), it looks like Chuma Edoga (our most experienced o-lineman) will be the left tackle and Toa Lobendahn may start at center (hopefully he stays healthy).

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, last year he looked like he had some "baby fat" (for lack of a better term), that appears to be gone. Hopefully, being a little leaner will make him even quicker. He may need it, especially early, because the o-line is going to be fairly inexperienced. As of now (1 spring practice in), it looks like Chuma Edoga (our most experienced o-lineman) will be the left tackle and Toa Lobendahn may start at center (hopefully he stays healthy).

Baby fat was a good way to put it. Since he played football , basketball and baseball in HS ,he's not like these kids who only did football 24/7 since they were 10. Now it looks like he's focused on being a QB.
You're right. He's going to need elusiveness maybe even more this year with that Oline.

I'm curious how Tate Martell does at Ohio State. Aren't you glad he didn't pick USC? I sure am. Oh and Tua over at Alabama

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baby fat was a good way to put it. Since he played football , basketball and baseball in HS ,he's not like these kids who only did football 24/7 since they were 10. Now it looks like he's focused on being a QB.
You're right. He's going to need elusiveness maybe even more this year with that Oline.

I'm curious how Tate Martell does at Ohio State. Aren't you glad he didn't pick USC? I sure am. Oh and Tua over at Alabama

Yeah, now that he can focus solely on football, he should continue to develop quickly. I don't know too much about Martell other than he's supposed to be a top dual threat qb. I'm good with who we have. After Darnold leaves, I think Sears is going to be really good.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, now that he can focus solely on football, he should continue to develop quickly. I don't know too much about Martell other than he's supposed to be a top dual threat qb. I'm good with who we have. After Darnold leaves, I think Sears is going to be really good.

I think you have on one end ,a Max Browne type. Stand in the pocket and can make the throws but not very mobile so if things break down he's a liability. Then you have Martell who you want if things break down . But with Martell you wont have long sustained drives where receivers know where they are going because they know after about two seconds hes going to be running around. He's never been one to stay and wait for plays to develop even when he had superior teammates vrs the opposition. It's not not the recipe for beating teams who have decent defenses. Too much Johnny football in him. With Darnold you get a kid who can stand there after reading the defense and wait for the play to develop and hit the receiver where only he can get it. And if the play breaks down he's still looking downfield and if a defender leaves his man to get to Darnold he can make him pay and if not he can run for a first down. Best of both without the liability of both IMO.