• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have on one end ,a Max Browne type. Stand in the pocket and can make the throws but not very mobile so if things break down he's a liability.

Yeah, I read that in 3 games, Browne was sacked 6 times. In 9 games, Darnold was sacked 6 times.

And if the play breaks down he's still looking downfield and if a defender leaves his man to get to Darnold he can make him pay and if not he can run for a first down.

This is my favorite thing about him. He plays like Russell Wilson in the sense that, when he scarmbles, he is still looking for the open receiver. Only when no one is breaking free does he run for yardage. There were so many plays made in the passing game last year because of that.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spring practice has begun. First pics coming out and Darnold looks very different to me. He was being recruited as a linebacker at some point and played basketball for his HS. He looks a little leaner and starting to get the QB body.

AR-170309527.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

9 more months and he is going to be on a surgeon's table repairing a torn ACL...mark my words.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's my bold prediction, not a wish. Big difference.

its still odd and a little sick just to put it out there. And no it's not a big difference. A big difference would be if he had a history of knee injuries. Saying you think he might get hurt again is'nt that bad but randomly saying you think a perfectly healthy kid is going to blow his knee is a whole other thing.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its still odd and a little sick just to put it out there. And no it's not a big difference. A big difference would be if he had a history of knee injuries. Saying you think he might get hurt again is'nt that bad but randomly saying you think a perfectly healthy kid is going to blow his knee is a whole other thing.
You have not seen sick until you have gone shot for shot on Jaeger with a WSU alum. Those fuckers make James Hetfield (pre-sobriety) look like a tea drinking Englishman. Trust me, I worked for the band for a couple of years, JH had nothing on a WSU drinker.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have not seen sick until you have gone shot for shot on Jaeger with a WSU alum. Those fuckers make James Hetfield (pre-sobriety) look like a tea drinking Englishman. Trust me, I worked for the band for a couple of years, JH had nothing on a WSU drinker.

Don't scare me . lol. Between Marine drink fests in Japan with opium based sake , long nights drinking Irishmen under the table ( in Ireland) to trying to keep up with Aussies at Aussie Rules matches .Ive drank with some of the best. Fun fact , if you stay at a nice resort in Ireland they keep the hotel bar open till you decide its time to quit. They regretted that when we were there .lol

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't scare me . lol. Between Marine drink fests in Japan with opium based sake , long nights drinking Irishmen under the table ( in Ireland) to trying to keep up with Aussies at Aussie Rules matches .Ive drank with some of the best. Fun fact , if you stay at a nice resort in Ireland they keep the hotel bar open till you decide its time to quit. They regretted that when we were there .lol
Jim you talk a good game. Come drink with my crew someday.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold had an impressive freshman season, but he benefited greatly from having such an experienced Oline to keep the pressure off him and give him plenty of time to get his passes off as cleanly as possible. USC got off to a rough start in 2016 and a lot of that could be placed on the Oline performance. But once they finally clicked, Darnold and the offense where pretty much a night and day difference.

But USC loses both 2016 starting tackles to the NFL, Zach Banner and Chad Wheeler and a lot of depth at G with Damian Mama declaring early.

So I think that will be one of the top stories to watch for the Trojans in 2017. Oline and what it means for Darnold's pass stats.

Toa Lobendahn returning from a ACL could help a lot. But he may end up being put in the interior mostly to help shore up the loss of Mama. Their options for tackles will have a lot less start experience.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold had an impressive freshman season, but he benefited greatly from having such an experienced Oline to keep the pressure off him and give him plenty of time to get his passes off as cleanly as possible. USC got off to a rough start in 2016 and a lot of that could be placed on the Oline performance. But once they finally clicked, Darnold and the offense where pretty much a night and day difference.

But USC loses both 2016 starting tackles to the NFL, Zach Banner and Chad Wheeler and a lot of depth at G with Damian Mama declaring early.

So I think that will be one of the top stories to watch for the Trojans in 2017. Oline and what it means for Darnold's pass stats.

Toa Lobendahn returning from a ACL could help a lot. But he may end up being put in the interior mostly to help shore up the loss of Mama. Their options for tackles will have a lot less start experience.

I dont know. Most SC fans would say it was Darnold who helped the line more than the other way around.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know. Most SC fans would say it was Darnold who helped the line more than the other way around.

Well alrighty then. Let's see what happens this year without that crappy oline that needed constantly bailing out by a QB.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is in the Predicting Injuries to Others business...
Yeah you're right and it's sick for anyone to predict, that a football player will blow out his knee.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you say that?
Hell, that's pretty tame for this thread/board really isn't it?
Yeah you're right and it's sick for anyone to predict, that a football player will blow out his knee.
Naw, he does have a point that there is a real difference between wishing for it and simply making a prediction that it is likely.

He's far more likely IMO to injury a shoulder or other upper body than his knee, but I doubt he has a problem with either.

There are guys you can predict will have issues based on their past record and/or size, but outside of that it's pretty damned random. You know someone you wouldn't expect is going to have a major injury for your team.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, that's pretty tame for this thread/board really isn't it?

Naw, he does have a point that there is a real difference between wishing for it and simply making a prediction that it is likely.

He's far more likely IMO to injury a shoulder or other upper body than his knee, but I doubt he has a problem with either.

There are guys you can predict will have issues based on their past record and/or size, but outside of that it's pretty damned random. You know someone you wouldn't expect is going to have a major injury for your team.

True, I would respect a person more who is Admitting a Wish rather than Rationalize a Prediction...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 4 Seahawks that I predict at least 3 of them will have substantial injuries next season. Is that morbid? Or it doesn't count when it's your own team? :noidea:

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 4 Seahawks that I predict at least 3 of them will have substantial injuries next season. Is that morbid? Or it doesn't count when it's your own team? :noidea:
What happens when those players play all 16 games, and 3 other players end their season or their career..........

Why not think everyone will not get injured and then sympathize when one does.........