• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf:

Sorry to hear that wiz.
Well at least I work at a place with a lot of TV's to watch it on so there's that. I mean I can't exactly drink since I'll be working, but I'll be watching it none the less.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I have to fucking work. :tsk:

Already told my bosses I'm taking a 3.5 hour lunch break with a short work break in the middle of it and I'm hanging out in the bar to watch it.

Essentially, same here. Taking an hour lunch around 12:30, my two breaks right after, "bathroom" breaks right after that, maybe a stretch break right after that. Then my work Truck will "break down" at the sports bar right after that.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposed to be 50% chance of rain friday in pullman. They said occasional showers. Really not sure who that favors. Normally UW loves playing in rain, but it didn't rain once the entire home game season this year. I mean the last game there was a sprinkle for about 10 minutes and that was it. Driest home games I ever remember. Yet if the mild wind and rain become an issue I still like our running game more.

I doubt the weather will be bad enough to really limit either team from throwing it, but they both might do less deep throws. That might favor the cougs a bit as taking Ross's deep routes out takes a big time weapon away.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposed to be 50% chance of rain friday in pullman. They said occasional showers. Really not sure who that favors. Normally UW loves playing in rain, but it didn't rain once the entire home game season this year. I mean the last game there was a sprinkle for about 10 minutes and that was it. Driest home games I ever remember. Yet if the mild wind and rain become an issue I still like our running game more.

I doubt the weather will be bad enough to really limit either team from throwing it, but they both might do less deep throws. That might favor the cougs a bit as taking Ross's deep routes out takes a big time weapon away.
I don't know man, Falk had a pretty shitty day in the rain last year.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know man, Falk had a pretty shitty day in the rain last year.
If you mean vs us, Falk didn't play in the AC last year. I really haven't seen much of their games this year. I'd be curious to know how well that offense played in any real rainy conditions if they've played in it.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys getting the run game going is huge, we've been great against the run except with a dual threat quarterback and the wildcat. And same goes with us, we need to make you guys respect the run and not give up on it when we aren't ahead on the scoreboard.

Do I need to remind you who your coach is?

I can guarantee you right now UW will not be "respecting the run" Friday. They will defend it, and I hope they're ready for a small dose, but come on. WSU doesn't make anyone respect the run. They throw the ball and Mike Leache celebrates it like he's Pacman Jones at a Vegas strip club.

giphy.gif

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
--It looks like former Alabama quarterback Blake Barnett has taken the next step in his college football career.

The 2016 opening game starter for the Tide has since transferred from Tuscaloosa, and it looks like he has an official visit coming up in on of the most critical weeks of college football. On Friday, Barnett will settle in Pullman, WA for an official visit to Washington State when they play Washington in the Apple Cup.

Barnett’s recruitment as a transfer could be very interesting, as he may only be required to sit out the first four games of 2017 due to the timing of his decision earlier this year.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that falk decision to leave early or stay for his senior season just got a whole lot more interesting.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Been saying it for weeks, Smith needs a short leash on his play calling and this offense needs to pound the rock!
Cougs have been decent against the run. They should, and will, do whatever the defense is giving them the best shot at getting yards from. If they bring a safety down they are going to have to pass and force them to drop back. We will see if the cougs are more concerned with Ross/Pettis or Gaskin/Coleman on Friday.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you mean vs us, Falk didn't play in the AC last year. I really haven't seen much of their games this year. I'd be curious to know how well that offense played in any real rainy conditions if they've played in it.
Portland at last year was nasty weather

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know who our coach is, but every game that he has committed to the run we have won, mostly by a substantial margin. If you guys don't respect it, then I pray Falk uses his brain and checks into running plays, especially if it's raining.

And to the question of weather, Falk has blown Donkey balls in the rain, lost to Eastern, barely beat a UCLA we should've curb stomped. As for our defense we should focus primarily on the run and try to pressure Browning into the under throwing he has done the past two games. We can't keep up with Ross' speed but they play the ball really well.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weather looking like it could be a factor now for the AC. 70% chance of rain and lower 40s.