• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been parking downtown for 7 bucks and taking the Expo line. Drops you off right in between USCs campus and the stadium.
Sort of how I get to the Rams games.

I come from the IE and take the Metro Rail SBDO line to Union Station, then the Subway (Red/Purple) to the Expo light rail.

We did miss the Metro Rail once and just parked at Union Station for 8 bucks. Its safe, secure and has the covered garage and all.

It's also a good option.

Where do you park downtown?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of how I get to the Rams games.

I come from the IE and take the Metro Rail SBDO line to Union Station, then the Subway (Red/Purple) to the Expo light rail.

We did miss the Metro Rail once and just parked at Union Station for 8 bucks. Its safe, secure and has the covered garage and all.

It's also a good option.

Where do you park downtown?

I usually park in a parking structure right off seventh. That way I only have the expo line to take. its seven buck for 24 hours so you can park for day games or night games and no worries. Some times if we arent meeting friends for tailgate we stop at the Counter right on seventh just steps from the train station. Get some good grub and beers and watch the prior games before we head off to the game.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats funny is you have Alabama then you have four PAC teams ranked ahead of the next SEC team. USC is Alabamas best win since it's their highest ranked opponent so far. Crazy to think about.
You guys have come so far this year. Remember when you were verging on dumpster fire with reports of players punching the coach and stuff? Too bad you're not playing Bama now. Helton seems to have done a hell of a job getting it turned around.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have come so far this year. Remember when you were verging on dumpster fire with reports of players punching the coach and stuff? Too bad you're not playing Bama now. Helton seems to have done a hell of a job getting it turned around.

Yeah I was scared when I heard that rumor. But thank God it was just a homesick kid and nothing more. The season could have easily turned into a nightmare.
I don't think anyone can beat Bama (but Bama) but i think we'd hang much better. Our defense isn't as good as LSU but our offense would score much more than LSUs.
I was confident USC could stay with the Huskys. The day before I told my friend who gambles to take USC and the points and the under. But I do have to say I didn't know they would play that level.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's been a great turnaround so far. I think Bama would still beat us if we played them now, we don' have the depth to handle them yet. But I think it would be a much closer game (although, just about anything would be a much closer game than 52-6 :L)

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed - if you recall Chip Kelly's first game was the LeGarrett Blount meltdown and he still managed to turn the team around and win the PAC that year. Congrats to Helton and the Trojans.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed - if you recall Chip Kelly's first game was the LeGarrett Blount meltdown and he still managed to turn the team around and win the PAC that year. Congrats to Helton and the Trojans.

Blount has turned it around too. He's doing well with the Patriots.

Hey if Chip gets pushed out in San Fran. Do you really think he's back in Oregon? I know coaches go to the pros and fail and go back but Ive never seen one go back to the team they left . There's also some NCAA stuff still lingering with him no? I also don't see Phil having to pay him 10 mil.

TheLonestarDUCK

Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount has turned it around too. He's doing well with the Patriots.

Hey if Chip gets pushed out in San Fran. Do you really think he's back in Oregon? I know coaches go to the pros and fail and go back but Ive never seen one go back to the team they left . There's also some NCAA stuff still lingering with him no? I also don't see Phil having to pay him 10 mil.
Not sure Chip is going back to Oregon - not to sound like Droider but have a close contact to the program and yes there will be big changes this off season.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure Chip is going back to Oregon - not to sound like Droider but have a close contact to the program and yes there will be big changes this off season.

There has to be. I know Oregons been very loyal to the coaches there but this season lays at Marks feet and if he had the final say in hiring Hoke then that might have sealed if for him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt Chip goes back to Oregon. However, now that it's looking like USC is getting close to being back and with the resurgence of Washington under Petersen, it would be interesting to see how he did.

While he took Oregon to unprecedented heights, he did it during USC's sanctions and with the Huskies in a down cycle.

Can he reach the same level of success with those teams back at full strength?

TheLonestarDUCK

Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Chip goes back to Oregon. However, now that it's looking like USC is getting close to being back and with the resurgence of Washington under Petersen, it would be interesting to see how he did.

While he took Oregon to unprecedented heights, he did it during USC's sanctions and with the Huskies in a down cycle.

Can he reach the same level of success with those teams back at full strength?
I still feel with the resources the school has they can be a top 3 team in the PAC in most years with the right staff.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a great turnaround so far. I think Bama would still beat us if we played them now, we don' have the depth to handle them yet. But I think it would be a much closer game (although, just about anything would be a much closer game than 52-6 :L)

What surprised me and makes me think Heltons going to do well is the game plan for Washington. Kiffin and Sark would have tried to force feed Juju and stopped trying to establish the run game. Helton knew Washington strength was those corners so he attacked the middle.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still feel with the resources the school has they can be a top 3 team in the PAC in most years with the right staff.

Yeah, I think he'd likely have them in the hunt for the PAC most seasons, but I don't think he could get them quite to where they were. At least not every year like he had them. It would also be interesting to see how quickly he turned things around.

I don't know if it's a lack of talent, coaching or a little of both, but it seems like they just fell off a cliff this year. This team was just in the NC game 2 years ago and now they are being clownstomped by everyone.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw this love fest for U$C!

It's rivalry week in Los Angeles!

USC-UCLA.jpg

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What surprised me and makes me think Heltons going to do well is the game plan for Washington. Kiffin and Sark would have tried to force feed Juju and stopped trying to establish the run game. Helton knew Washington strength was those corners so he attacked the middle.

I agree. They came up with a great game plan. Not abandoning the run, even though they only got something like 117 rushing yards, kept the defense honest which helped open up the middle of the field.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Bama goes, I thought Michigan would have given them a good game and could beat them.

Then Iowa happened...

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice picture. Looks like those big ol USC guys are about to pound those little Bruins. lol
SC does have a big O line, but I think you are seeing an OL Guard vs a blitzing DB on the ends there.