• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SC and Tennessee had a verbal agreement to play home/home in 2021/22 (I think) but it never materialized on paper, not sure why, maybe something with both schools changing ADs. Would have been nice.

And we played @Oklahoma in 2015, @ Oregon in 2013, @UCLA in 2008 and @cal in 2009

Bama has only played on true OOC road game in the last decade @Penn State in 2011. Everything else is a neutral site one off game. (sorry, forgot @ Duke in 2010)

At least Tenn does give it some effort. Alabama not so much. I get frustrated talking with Bama fans because they are totally content playing Towsend and North texas and Charleston every year at home . I would rather be the team that does play Virginia or Rutgers at their place and if they have an up year or if my team has a down year and they lose so be it.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Tenn does give it some effort. Alabama not so much. I get frustrated talking with Bama fans because they are totally content playing Towsend and North texas and Charleston every year at home . I would rather be the team that does play Virginia or Rutgers at their place and if they have an up year or if my team has a down year and they lose so be it.
TN has upcoming home/home with Pitt (2021 I think) and Nebraska, it was supposed to be around 2020 or 2021 but got pushed to like 2026, I think because of B1G scheduling. Had a home/home with Ohio State but it got cancelled due to B1G scheduling changes, I heard they are trying to work it out again, hope so.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TN has upcoming home/home with Pitt (2021 I think) and Nebraska, it was supposed to be around 2020 or 2021 but got pushed to like 2026, I think because of B1G scheduling. Had a home/home with Ohio State but it got cancelled due to B1G scheduling changes, I heard they are trying to work it out again, hope so.

I'm all for those kind of games. I know we fans don't have that much influence but I was at a game a few years back where USC had played someone like San Jose State and was now playing Idaho State and people in the stands were pissed . I could hear the fans bitching.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for those kind of games. I know we fans don't have that much influence but I was at a game a few years back where USC had played someone like San Jose State and was now playing Idaho State and people in the stands were pissed . I could hear the fans bitching.
Yeah, been to a few like that when they've played teams like Akron or Wichita State, same thing.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, been to a few like that when they've played teams like Akron or Wichita State, same thing.

That's what i don't understand. I'd go nuts if I had three of those type of games filling up my home schedule. But some fans love it because its an easy win.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what i don't understand. I'd go nuts if I had three of those type of games filling up my home schedule. But some fans love it because its an easy win.
I pay for those games and fucking can't stand it. This year it was 3 crappy OOC home games. Just under half of all of the money I spend on those season tickets was to watch one bad team after another.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pay for those games and fucking can't stand it. This year it was 3 crappy OOC home games. Just under half of all of the money I spend on those season tickets was to watch one bad team after another.

I feel you. I know USC has Notre Dame either at home or away every year so that leaves two slots to fill and this year there was Alabama for the kickoff, so our cupcake (even though NDs looked like one most of the season) was Utah State. Nothing to bitch about there. But San Jose State then Idaho State. I didn't blame people for not going .

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would never happen but the NCAA needs to come out with a universal rule for scheduling, much like every other single sport in the world. You only get X amount of games outside of your conference and have to X amount of games, as well as you can only have a max and minimum of X amount of teams in your conference. To make it more uniform cause truthfully it's not right that UW's OOC schedule is considered worse than A&M's when it identical. Playing 1 power 5 school for SEC schools in OOC equates to playing 1 more conference game but it doesn't count against the conference record. 8-1 in the Pac 12 is better than 7-1 in the SEC IMO.

Especially since the scheduling and travel is harder in our conference let alone (a majority) of our athletes are actually student athletes. There obviously are exceptions but generally on the west coast kids don't show up on campus when they aren't very good students because football isn't the same as it is in Texas or the south.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would never happen but the NCAA needs to come out with a universal rule for scheduling, much like every other single sport in the world. You only get X amount of games outside of your conference and have to X amount of games, as well as you can only have a max and minimum of X amount of teams in your conference. To make it more uniform cause truthfully it's not right that UW's OOC schedule is considered worse than A&M's when it identical. Playing 1 power 5 school for SEC schools in OOC equates to playing 1 more conference game but it doesn't count against the conference record. 8-1 in the Pac 12 is better than 7-1 in the SEC IMO.

Especially since the scheduling and travel is harder in our conference let alone (a majority) of our athletes are actually student athletes. There obviously are exceptions but generally on the west coast kids don't show up on campus when they aren't very good students because football isn't the same as it is in Texas or the south.
Make all P5 conferences play a 9 game conference schedule while making it mandatory that all P5 teams play at least one OOC P5 opponent and that right there will help level the playing field.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make all P5 conferences play a 9 game conference schedule while making it mandatory that all P5 teams play at least one OOC P5 opponent and that right there will help level the playing field.

You won't ever be able to make all teams play power 5 teams unless you outlaw P5 teams from playing FCS schools or illegally making it uniformed on payouts for each OOC game. Why did UW/Auburn get scheduled...because the payout. Same reason Wisconsin backed out of their return trip to play us, they got a better payday playing LSU and left us high and dry and scheduling Eastern Washington.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of us are taking anything for granted, but watch, if UW loses a game NN will try to rub it in as some kind of I told you so and attempt to throw our words back at us. You wait, that's a lock.
Actually, Wiz, I don't see that happening but I would almost be as disappointed as you would. Same for WSU. Why? I am looking forward to two undefeated conference teams in the AC, Winner take all, Petersen v Leach, in answer to my pre-season question (if you recall): Is the best coach in the state in the East or West? and a rematch with South champ Utah in the CCG. At the same time, I'll be rooting for Cal, USC and ASU to topple you as you/we guys did when OU was in the drivers seat. At the same time, I'll be rooting against you for the final four as we did for OU and for the same reasons, exactly the same reasons as it turns out.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You won't ever be able to make all teams play power 5 teams unless you outlaw P5 teams from playing FCS schools or illegally making it uniformed on payouts for each OOC game. Why did UW/Auburn get scheduled...because the payout. Same reason Wisconsin backed out of their return trip to play us, they got a better payday playing LSU and left us high and dry and scheduling Eastern Washington.
Lots of P5 teams play OOC P5 teams and FCS teams in the same season including every SEC team.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of P5 teams play OOC P5 teams and FCS teams in the same season including every SEC team.

Lots of teams do but not all. Universal payouts would've saved one loss for us this had we played Wisconsin over Eastern.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Wiz, I don't see that happening but I would almost be as disappointed as you would. Same for WSU. Why? I am looking forward to two undefeated conference teams in the AC, Winner take all, Petersen v Leach, in answer to my pre-season question (if you recall): Is the best coach in the state in the East or West? and a rematch with South champ Utah in the CCG. At the same time, I'll be rooting for Cal, USC and ASU to topple you as you/we guys did when OU was in the drivers seat. At the same time, I'll be rooting against you for the final four as we did for OU and for the same reasons, exactly the same reasons as it turns out.
I don't care if fans of other Pac teams are on our wagon through the playoffs. You know full well I don't swing like that. There are a handful of teams I'd pull for if we were out of it and they were in it, but not many.

Right now I just want to get past Cal which I think is going to be a tougher game than Mike or most of the others appear to believe it will be. Cal has the #2 offense in the conference and is at home where they have a couple of good quality wins already. It will be a chance to see how the pass defense does against one of the air-raid type offenses and should be a tune up for that before the apple cup.

Hate on and root against the Dawgs. All good to me, just don't try any of that using words against us garbage on things we didn't say if we end up losing along the way.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think it's fairly obvious the best coach is on the west side. UW is in the playoff hunt and we are one loss away from our university burning to the ground like Ferguson.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only really if you guys beat us and SC big. With the massive bias right now, they obviously remember Alabama's beat down and a horrible Stanford team beating SC. LSU isn't any better than SC both turned their seasons around at the same time. And obviously losing to us will leave oh well they lost to Eastern and Boise. UW needed Boise to win out so our 3 point loss didn't look so bad.

Your 3 point loss does not look so bad now if anyone is paying attention. Boise could probably beat most PAC 12 teams and are looking for a major bowl bid. At 7-1 or so, EWU is not a slouch either.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eastern is good, but we scrimmaged them instead of playing an actual game, and Boise would be Oregon State if they were in our conference. Our guys heads were all jacked up with the preseason crap, then it seemed to have resolved itself then it perked back up and we can played like shit against you guys and Oregon State.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW played P5 Rutgers. its not doing them any favors

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW played P5 Rutgers. its not doing them any favors

Sometimes teams aren't good, but you play a Virginia a Rutgers a Boston College and there could be a year they are pretty decent. But you play Towsend and Chattanooga and they are guaranteed to be never good.
Oh , Josh Huff just got kicked off the eagles. Dui , pot, Gun, hollow point bullets. Didn't Chip bring him in?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes teams aren't good, but you play a Virginia a Rutgers a Boston College and there could be a year they are pretty decent. But you play Towsend and Chattanooga and they are guaranteed to be never good.
Oh , Josh Huff just got kicked off the eagles. Dui , pot, Gun, hollow point bullets. Didn't Chip bring him in?
Yes to both Oregon and Philly
Oregon also had a LB suspended today. Assault charges.