• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think every coach wants kids who are commited. There used to be a time where the ones who commited early were locks but now they get me even more nervous because your school has stopped recruiting them but other schools dont see it that way. I don't think you can afford to wait late on some kids. Maybe for Boise St but you gotta have more good players at Washington than he had at Boise and if you wait you're getting your third and fourth choise.
Getting the 3rd rated RB is a great pick up for sure I was just wondering if you ( or the other Husky fan) were hoping for a great class for Washington ( I'd say 10- 15th ish)or a great class like top ten .
Right now I'm FAR more concerned with how this staff coaches up the kids they have vs the quality of the '16 recruiting.

They still have a mix of mostly Sark's kids and their hurried first class. Did they already get rid of the kids that weren't bought in last year? How will they replace all of that first round draft talent and the kids that were thrown off or left?

If they want to reach a top 20 class it starts with showing potential recruits you know how to get the most out of them on the field.

They failed to win any games they were underdogs in last year. Just go out there and get this years team into a place they can win and get an upset or two and the class will work itself out. Another year like last season and it's going to be much tougher.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beast class? Relative to?
I thought Coach Peterson didn't need high ranked players.

So now that he's in the PAC with the facilities and tradition that UW offers, he's supposed to only recruit 2* players to coach up?

Son, you just went full retard there, and never go full retard. If your a product of a USC education, your not repping them well with Special Ed comments like that.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now that he's in the PAC with the facilities and tradition that UW offers, he's supposed to only recruit 2* players to coach up?

Son, you just went full retard there, and never go full retard. If your a product of a USC education, your not repping them well with Special Ed comments like that.

Hmmm . And you went full on mind reader? Because I did't say he's only supposed to recruit 2* players.
A little sensative aren't we? Getting a little worried?
Oh and keep that son shit to yourself.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I'm FAR more concerned with how this staff coaches up the kids they have vs the quality of the '16 recruiting.

Yeah, me too. That's why I really don't pay a lot of attention to commits until it starts getting close to LOI day. Way too much can change.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pacific-12 Conference's distinct approach to television and marketing continued to keep it ahead of the Big Ten and Southeastern conferences in terms of total revenue during the 2013-14 fiscal year, the Pac-12's new federal tax return shows.

The conference reported just over $374 million in total revenue for a fiscal year ending June 30, 2014 — a figure that includes income from the wholly conference-owned Pac-12 Networks; the conference's marketing and media arm, Pac-12 Enterprises; and Pac-12 Broadband Network. (Under IRS rules, a non-profit must report its revenue and expense data based on its fiscal year; but it must report compensation data based on the calendar year completed during its fiscal year).

The new revenue disclosure mean that the Pac-12, Big Ten, Big 12 and SEC combined to have nearly $1.27 billion in total revenue in fiscal 2013-14 – a nearly 60% increase over their combined $798 million in 2010-11. The remaining Power Five conference, the Atlantic Coast, has not yet made available its new tax return.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pacific-12 Conference's distinct approach to television and marketing continued to keep it ahead of the Big Ten and Southeastern conferences in terms of total revenue during the 2013-14 fiscal year, the Pac-12's new federal tax return shows.

The conference reported just over $374 million in total revenue for a fiscal year ending June 30, 2014 — a figure that includes income from the wholly conference-owned Pac-12 Networks; the conference's marketing and media arm, Pac-12 Enterprises; and Pac-12 Broadband Network. (Under IRS rules, a non-profit must report its revenue and expense data based on its fiscal year; but it must report compensation data based on the calendar year completed during its fiscal year).

The new revenue disclosure mean that the Pac-12, Big Ten, Big 12 and SEC combined to have nearly $1.27 billion in total revenue in fiscal 2013-14 – a nearly 60% increase over their combined $798 million in 2010-11. The remaining Power Five conference, the Atlantic Coast, has not yet made available its new tax return.

So much money being made. I'm not sold on the paying of players other than some stipend so they can do pizza and movies like regular college kids who are allowed to have a job while at school. But I don;t know why with all this money they can't make sure these kids are covered for the injuries theyl suffer as a result of playing college football. It's shameful that these kids put their bodies through all that and they don't have any recourse to get medical attention if a few years after they leave college they require medical attention.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I don;t know why with all this money they can't make sure these kids are covered for the injuries theyl suffer as a result of playing college football. It's shameful that these kids put their bodies through all that and they don't have any recourse to get medical attention if a few years after they leave college they require medical attention.
Agreed. Or is is .. a greed?

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much money being made. I'm not sold on the paying of players other than some stipend so they can do pizza and movies like regular college kids who are allowed to have a job while at school. But I don;t know why with all this money they can't make sure these kids are covered for the injuries theyl suffer as a result of playing college football. It's shameful that these kids put their bodies through all that and they don't have any recourse to get medical attention if a few years after they leave college they require medical attention.
Never heard of Obamacare, Jim. Everyone has health insurance including for pre-existing conditions. You have to have it. That would seem to cover old football injuries. Meanwhile, the less talented athletes are paying through the nose, going into hock for years, to pay for their higher education. Even though the schools do make a bundle marketing their product, I don't agree in any way that player should be paid beyond what they do get. It would have to change the game as we know it in ways not yet thought of. Look what happened to college baseball when the majors expanded and took every high-school pitcher who even looked like he might be able to pitch someday.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read a story where the BIG1 and the SEC will both surpass the PAC12 in revenue next year and beyond RD...Scott has a lot work to do still in keeping up with the Joneses out thar.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of Obamacare, Jim. Everyone has health insurance including for pre-existing conditions. You have to have it. That would seem to cover old football injuries. Meanwhile, the less talented athletes are paying through the nose, going into hock for years, to pay for their higher education. Even though the schools do make a bundle marketing their product, I don't agree in any way that player should be paid beyond what they do get. It would have to change the game as we know it in ways not yet thought of. Look what happened to college baseball when the majors expanded and took every high-school pitcher who even looked like he might be able to pitch someday.

Yeah I've heard of Obamacare and I don't know about you but I pay some good premiums to have the best health care I can get. Joe shmo isn't getting the best care and neither will these players if they are just left out in the cold with basic coverage. College football can afford to do a lot better. Here if I need a delicate operation I'm going to Cedars Sinai not the county hospital where it's all first year doctors and I have to wait for a long time and don't get to pick my doctor.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a story where the BIG1 and the SEC will both surpass the PAC12 in revenue next year and beyond RD...Scott has a lot work to do still in keeping up with the Joneses out thar.
I still say that what is coming over the horizon will not be tied to delivery over cable or dish. It will all be netflix-esque models. The sooner the Pac-12 (or any sports network) embrace and explore/develop that, the better positioned they will be.and as soon as there is critical mass of live sports available over the internet, the cable industry will die (except as an ISP business.)

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
husky fans and Trojans going at it now? must be the offseason

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very solid pick up for the Ducks. It's nice to get some veteran play in after the losses they had coming into this season. I hope he can get up to speed fast and contribute meaningfully.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very solid pick up for the Ducks. It's nice to get some veteran play in after the losses they had coming into this season. I hope he can get up to speed fast and contribute meaningfully.

He's a Domer. I wouldn't hold my breath.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to the USC/Virginia baseball regional on Friday. Got tickets in the 1st row behind the USC dugout. Game is at The Diamond in Lake Elsinore which is about 40 minutes from my house. Can't wait.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to the USC/Virginia baseball regional on Friday. Got tickets in the 1st row behind the USC dugout. Game is at The Diamond in Lake Elsinore which is about 40 minutes from my house. Can't wait.

WTF? OUTRAGOUS! GO Bevos who finished ahead of your dumbass squad in the PAC!@.

Status
Not open for further replies.