• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The old "fighting in hockey debate"...

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there was a longer thread somewhere too. I don't think this board goes back far enough for me to have a different opinion, but I know on the old board I voiced a different opinion than I have more.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You taunt me so...

My bottom line: we have evidence (don't let the NFL witch doctors fool you, it's evidence) that repetitive blows cause CTE. CTE causes post concussion syndrome (essentially, although that could be a chicken/egg argument). Post concussion syndrome is miserable and life altering. We should prevent this from occurring, and fights make it occur. :30-2:00 of enjoyment with dudes throwing haymakers isn't worth the extra risk of an already risky game.

And I think the transition has basically happened. Tonight Rich Clune was skating around like a freaking buffoon, had multiple boarding penalties (only one called). Refs threw him in the box, and that's that. And the guy probably doesn't play a few games now because dumb hockey doesn't keep your roster spot. The guys who are boarder line NHLers who are sticking are doing it because they have skill now. It's beautiful.