• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Officially Official Off Season Thread (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, though, I don't want to be perceived as trolling this thread.

You guys are awesome baseball fans. This thread is always active.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beckett is one of the biggest twats in sports. He's a whiney, I'll-dish-it-out-but-won't-take-it twat, which from my experience, is the exact opposite of the typical Texas mentality.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beckett is one of the biggest twats in sports. He's a whiney, I'll-dish-it-out-but-won't-take-it twat, which from my experience, is the exact opposite of the typical Texas mentality.

Josh is a bitch, he's been exiled

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, though, I don't want to be perceived as trolling this thread.

You guys are awesome baseball fans. This thread is always active.

Back to Lackey, what kind of cocksucker cheats on his wife with cancer? Not claiming that shitbag here in Texas any more either

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's a complete fuck stain, but historically, he's be underrated and quite a pitcher. He's not sexy, but he's been one of the best pitchers over the last couple decades.

I'm surprised he doesn't get more respect from this crowd, being that he's from Abilene.
For one thing he pitched for the hated Angels. I was at a game that he just came off of the DL and his first 2 pitches were at Kinsler's head and he was thrown out of the game. I just cracked up. Then usual idiot Scoscia comes running out of the dugout because there was no warning. Can't remember if he was tossed or not.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lackey and Kinsler may come from the same piece of cloth actually.

Never could stand Lackey, more so than Kinsler, for me anyway.

But they're both a couple of whiny ass dickheads IMO.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with Greinke going to Arizona, i believe that there is no way that Texas will be able to retain either Gallardo or Lewis

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with Greinke going to Arizona, i believe that there is no way that Texas will be able to retain either Gallardo or Lewis

I don't see how it changes the landscape that much? I didnt think Greinke stayed with the Dodgers anyway, and I never thought the Rangers would retain Gallardo (though not sure, they shouldn't). I still think JD re-signs Lewis at a fair price. If it was about $, I think Colby would have bit on an offer somewhere else already

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to Lackey, what kind of cocksucker cheats on his wife with cancer? Not claiming that shitbag here in Texas any more either
John Edwards...but he's from South Carolina.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how it changes the landscape that much? I didnt think Greinke stayed with the Dodgers anyway, and I never thought the Rangers would retain Gallardo (though not sure, they shouldn't). I still think JD re-signs Lewis at a fair price. If it was about $, I think Colby would have bit on an offer somewhere else already

teams like the Dodgers and Giants will be going to plan B now which means that Gallardo will probably end up with one of them with Cueto going to the other. that will make Lewis a more sought after plan B or C for other teams

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
teams like the Dodgers and Giants will be going to plan B now which means that Gallardo will probably end up with one of them with Cueto going to the other. that will make Lewis a more sought after plan B or C for other teams

I don't think other teams value Colby as much as Texas does and vice versa. I think he knows what he has in Texas and he will always get a fair shot here.

And if Gallardo signs elsewhere Texas gets a free draft pick so nothing wrong with that.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that will make Lewis a more sought after plan B or C for other teams

At this point in his career Colby can't be anything more than a #4 starter. But in all likelihood, he's really a #5.

I can't imagine a guy being a Plan B for any team which has aspirations of contending in 2016 with this low of a ceiling.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think other teams value Colby as much as Texas does and vice versa. I think he knows what he has in Texas and he will always get a fair shot here.

And if Gallardo signs elsewhere Texas gets a free draft pick so nothing wrong with that.
Agree on Colby. I think Lewis and Texas have been very respectful to each other in that Texas was good to Colby when he was out so Lewis has remembered that ever since and returned the favor and I think that would continue.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on Colby. I think Lewis and Texas have been very respectful to each other in that Texas was good to Colby when he was out so Lewis has remembered that ever since and returned the favor and I think that would continue.

I agree that both parties respect and like one another. But keep in mind Colby outperformed his 2014 contract, and way exceeded his 2015 one. Plus, this is Lewis' last opportunity, probably anyway, to get a decent contract and my suspicion is he's gonna want either a two year deal for $14 mil or so, or a nice one year deal, say for $9 mil and a player option for $4 mil or so in 2017.

This sound reasonable and/or doable to you?

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obvious rumor is that Dodgers go after Cueto now. Several pieces have to come off the table before Gallardo lands anywhere, I would imagine.

basmith

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Samardjiza to Giants, looks like 5/90.
Pitching dominoes seem to be falling rather quickly, might mean more trades at the winter meetings.

Status
Not open for further replies.