• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Officially Official Off Season Thread (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because DDJ is not a true CF. His arm is too weak for CF. We do need a legit CF.

Very true. We will continue to bring in defensive replacement for him with leads. Ideally he is a left fielder defensively. Like said perhaps we make up the power loss at other spots. DDJ needs to focus on contact and get away from fly balls. But still a very good pick up

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. We will continue to bring in defensive replacement for him with leads. Ideally he is a left fielder defensively. Like said perhaps we make up the power loss at other spots. DDJ needs to focus on contact and get away from fly balls. But still a very good pick up
I think he may be traded.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he may be traded.

I could see him packages with a 1B but DDJ is prototype lead off guy. We need a guy like that on our team

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see him packages with a 1B but DDJ is prototype lead off guy. We need a guy like that on our team

Exactly and the only proper way to use that guy is to leave in the leadoff spot and in center and bring someone to platoon with Josh in left

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly and the only proper way to use that guy is to leave in the leadoff spot and in center and bring someone to platoon with Josh in left

Well DDJ is not the CF of the future with Brinson in the picture and He is run on at will. A lot of what ifs including Martin who for what it is worth I could live at CF if we had premium players to make up for his lack of offense. So unless we move Prince and DDJ together this is likely a bridge year for CF

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well DDJ is not the CF of the future with Brinson in the picture and He is run on at will. A lot of what ifs including Martin who for what it is worth I could live at CF if we had premium players to make up for his lack of offense. So unless we move Prince and DDJ together this is likely a bridge year for CF

So leave DDJ in center this coming season and then in 2017 if Brinson is ready then ship DDJ out then.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't understand what moving moreland has do with adding a legitimate 4th OF'er unless you're thinking about Cespesdes,upton or heywood

It's pretty complicated. Maybe we get an OF back for Moreland.

Incidentally, you didn't answer my question.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There sure is a lot of you wanted to get rid of DeShields.

Let me point out again, we were 3rd in MLB in runs scored and one of the main reasons for this was him scoring almost 50% of the time when he gets on base.

It should also be noted, let's wait and see how much he improves in CF this year. You seem to forget he was an infielder for most of his life. His defensive play, and perhaps, even his arm may improve as he works of longer, stronger throws which are necessary from the OF as opposed to the INF.

I don't ever expect him to show a Martin arm out there. That's not attainable. But he certainly can improve, and to me, this is what we should look for.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like DDJ in left field. If we had a power hitting CF who had great range and a rocket arm and who also could bat 3rd and then have DDJ in LF, I would like that a lot. Ha

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was bound to happen eventually.
I don't know why Houston would offer him that...There is no way in hell that shitlord gets 15 million a year on the open market. Shame the Angels didn't get a chance to sign him for 10 million a year for 5 years...

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There sure is a lot of you wanted to get rid of DeShields.

Let me point out again, we were 3rd in MLB in runs scored and one of the main reasons for this was him scoring almost 50% of the time when he gets on base.

It should also be noted, let's wait and see how much he improves in CF this year. You seem to forget he was an infielder for most of his life. His defensive play, and perhaps, even his arm may improve as he works of longer, stronger throws which are necessary from the OF as opposed to the INF.

I don't ever expect him to show a Martin arm out there. That's not attainable. But he certainly can improve, and to me, this is what we should look for.

He's a bridge to Lewis Brinson getting major league ready. If he can hold his own offensively and defensively I have no real complaints about his ability.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why Houston would offer him that...There is no way in hell that shitlord gets 15 million a year on the open market. Shame the Angels didn't get a chance to sign him for 10 million a year for 5 years...

Getting greedy with those supplemental picks.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting greedy with those supplemental picks.
They are paying him almost 16 million for a year...wouldn't you rather get a better player for like 2 million more for a few years? Alex Gordon 90/5 has to be better than Colby Rasmus at 16/1. And I read that Houston is trying to work out a 3 year deal for him around 3/33. I guess you gotta take what you can get as the Astros.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a bridge to Lewis Brinson getting major league ready. If he can hold his own offensively and defensively I have no real complaints about his ability.

If this is what he is, then so be it. But for now, we don't have a semblance of a LO hitter if it isn't him.

I'm anxious to see if his defensive play gets better (IMO it got better throughout the season), if his arm improves, and if so how much.

If he turns into a good to above avg CF, and does the same job offensively, then his value should be quite good if we decide to make this move.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is what he is, then so be it. But for now, we don't have a semblance of a LO hitter if it isn't him.

I'm anxious to see if his defensive play gets better (IMO it got better throughout the season), if his arm improves, and if so how much.

If he turns into a good to above avg CF, and does the same job offensively, then his value should be quite good if we decide to make this move.

I really don't know how much a guy can improve the arm. Trout still has his noodle arm as gifted as he is, so I don't know how much it can improve. Hopefully he can be just average with the arm and if he can fly around the field and shag balls it won't matter as much. I like the kid.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not interested in turning DDJ loose unless Brinson shows he can handle the position.

Status
Not open for further replies.