• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL STEELERS BS THREAD..PART6

Status
Not open for further replies.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see some of you are back

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Smith is legitimately a HOF worthy player but in their scheme nothing he does produces a box-score stat. Good bye to another legend who is sadly just a bit long in the tooth. Bring on Farrior/Foote and Kemoeatu.

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see some of you are back

Thanks Misk! Howdy ghost and thanks ol buddy!
poke.gif

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
youth is no substitute for experiance

no, but being too old to play more than 1/2 the season or 20% of the snaps while still being paid more than 3% of the teams cap is unacceptable

smith played 15 regular season games in the last 3 seasons
ward played about 5 snaps a game after week 8 last year, and their effort to get him 1000 (while deserved) cost them at least 1 game

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some online estimates indicate cutting Kemo, Smith, and Ward will free the team about 8.1M in cap space. With Farrior/Foote that will easily get them to around 11M . A restructure of Harrison and they'll be set to go with resigning Wallace to a long termer.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats the point they dont want to pay him that much everyone on the team is taking cuts and he still wants the big big bucks ..thats not a team player .. I would tell him take a hike

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
evening loc,

me I'm going to sit back and see what happens

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats the point they dont want to pay him that much everyone on the team is taking cuts and he still wants the big big bucks ..thats not a team player .. I would tell him take a hike

everyone they've cut is on the downside of their career and already made $, and could be replaced by a 1st -2nd rounder this year and get equal production (or greater) than what was given last season . as for not being a team player, comeon, it's a business on both sides....

wallace is on the upside of his career and is likely all pro for 4-6 more years.
he was an amazing find in the 3rd round valuewise , and is the reason why brown and sanders do as well as they do. The reason why brown and sanders were drafted is to complement the offense based on what wallace adds to the offense. they will be without a true #1 WR if they let him go, which if they had a starting RB not on IR, an OL that could runblock inside the 5, and an offensive coordinator who favored run over pass might make sense. but none of those are true. no wallace, no offense-- end of story. drafting WR's to complement him is WHY the OL still sucks. losing him is doubling down on fail . everything about him screams 2000 yard season in this offense if the team stays healthy. they finally have the draft position to actually adress the OL early in this draft, if they lose him they have to go WR shopping in the draft all over again and the OL gets ignored. In a given draft you're lucky to find 2 players who ever become regular starters..... They have to start someone from this draft at NT, and OG at a very minimum. That means drafting 2 people at each position if it isn't addressed in the 1st round (which is where ILB should be addressed).... that's 5 of your draft picks, and you still need RB depth. Odds of finding a replacement for Wallace in the 5th-7th is pretty low.

/rant off

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we can get rid of some dead wood like leftwich ,, persuade batch toretire and tell dixon to take a hike and dont look back

Status
Not open for further replies.