• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL STEELERS BS THREAD..PART5

Status
Not open for further replies.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little early to be talking cuts and draft is you ask me

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it's not Steeler football and I'm not happy about that, but I also don't like losing.

I appreciate your comments (honest) about Burfict, and I'd be happy to hear you explain any disagreements you have about cut/keep.

Also, if you can tell me how you can build a low-scoring D under the new NFL rules, I'm happy to listen. :) Maybe I'm too negative, but I think even if we disagree on that point, you have to admit the majority of young talent on this team is currently skill players on Offense.

:tea:

We just had a off year,don't sell the farm just yet

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just had a off year,don't sell the farm just yet

I kind of disagree Ghost, I think we had a pretty good year, we beat all the pisspoor teams on our schedule (other than Denver maybe)

We lost to

SF
BAL
BAL
HOU
DEN

3 of those 4 teams are arguably pretty good, particularly on D and on play action on O . But part of that is the luck of a weak schedule this year.

I don't like to make excuses for injuries, all teams face them, certainly sometimes they "cluster" at all the wrong time. I'll admit that. What our injuries did show us is that we are very old and/or very thin at a lot of key spots

I think with the right changes in coaching, some intelligent draft picks (need rather than BPA), we're right back in the championship mix in the next few years. But it's a two-edged blade, keep up what we're doing, even with all this talent, and we'll keep being mediocre.

Steelerin MS

Seriously?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man between the crud, all the beer yesterday, it has been a very unproductive day.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the cut/keeps. I think Farrior should stay.
The one huge cut I think should occur is Chris Kemoeatu.

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loc

We lost the turnover battle this year I don't remember the last time that happened,we win the turnovers and that is 2 wins we dropped

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the cut/keeps. I think Farrior should stay.
The one huge cut I think should occur is Chris Kemoeatu.

Completely disagree on both.

While he is still stout against the interior run (flails badly at sheedding blocks laterally though) Farrior can't cover even the slowest RB/TEs anymore. Part of the reason polamalu looks so bad in coverage anymore is because he's picking up at least 5-10 yards of the zone Farrior used to take, in addition to his own and his freelancing (which gets him in trouble)

Kemoeatu is stupid, undisciplined, and a mediocre to bad pass protector but is a well above average run blocker on pulls, which with Johnson blasting away strong right paves the way for their very limited success running right since RG and RT are piss poor run blockers. I will concede cutting him is the right decision if Colon passes physicals and they think he can shift back inside with all the mobility that entails (this also presumes Starks does NOT* have a torn ACL at this moment). If he takes a pay cut especially, I'd keep him around at least as a reserve since this unit can't seem to stay healthy (Note, why didn't I remember to rant about the strength/conditioning coach earlier ??? wtf is going on in PGH)

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loc

We lost the turnover battle this year I don't remember the last time that happened,we win the turnovers and that is 2 wins we dropped

I don't disagree that it would help fix some of those L's.

But how do you change the turnover battle?

Troy has slowed and isn't going to hawk it as much, that's why he's playing up at the line alot (to jump runs for loss, and to strip balls hopefully). Ike Taylor, bad game aside, has never had good hands. That leaves strip-sacks from the DE/OLB as the major improvement on D. Don't see that changing too much. Hope I'm wrong. Obviously the Offense can do a lot better. Not only did they fumble A LOT, they had bad fumble luck (if you believe that recovering fumbles is largely luck/random) . That should theoretically not be near as bad next year, even if the OL continues to suck balls. With a new OC, maybe BigBen can be coached to throw it away at least a bit more often under maximum blitzes

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely disagree on both.

While he is still stout against the interior run (flails badly at sheedding blocks laterally though) Farrior can't cover even the slowest RB/TEs anymore. Part of the reason polamalu looks so bad in coverage anymore is because he's picking up at least 5-10 yards of the zone Farrior used to take, in addition to his own and his freelancing (which gets him in trouble)

Kemoeatu is stupid, undisciplined, and a mediocre to bad pass protector but is a well above average run blocker on pulls, which with Johnson blasting away strong right paves the way for their very limited success running right since RG and RT are piss poor run blockers. I will concede cutting him is the right decision if Colon passes physicals and they think he can shift back inside with all the mobility that entails (this also presumes Starks does NOT* have a torn ACL at this moment). If he takes a pay cut especially, I'd keep him around at least as a reserve since this unit can't seem to stay healthy (Note, why didn't I remember to rant about the strength/conditioning coach earlier ??? wtf is going on in PGH)

Makes sense.

Sorry I was thinking with Farrior only on a backup role with a major pay cut.

The reason for Kemoeatu is that right there with all the stupid/undisciplined plays and how they hurt this team. If they can get another Guard to fill his spot I would be very happy. If he was willing to take a major pay cut and no other guard is out there then yes bring him back but his stupid plays hurt the Steelers a few times this year.

Something has to be said about the conditioning because it has been a long time since they had a complete healthy offenseive line.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not prepared to micro-analyze every position at this point. I do think that our situation going into the draft is much the same as it was last yr. We need to be looking for quality O-linemen and cornerbacks. Also, a decent backup QB should be considered. Leftwich never impressed me...good arm, but not very mobile, and clearly past his prime. Batch needs to move on to coaching. And Dixon ? ? ? ? Haven't seen enough of him to know if he's worth keeping around.

One more thing that I hate to mention. Is Pouncey going to be dependable in the long run? He's like a bull when he's healthy, but his ankles have failed him in two consecutive seasons, late, when we needed him the most. Is there some sort of brace that he could wear on both ankles whenever he plays, to keep him from getting more of these damned sprains? Just asking.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not prepared to micro-analyze every position at this point. I do think that our situation going into the draft is much the same as it was last yr. We need to be looking for quality O-linemen and cornerbacks. Also, a decent backup QB should be considered. Leftwich never impressed me...good arm, but not very mobile, and clearly past his prime. Batch needs to move on to coaching. And Dixon ? ? ? ? Haven't seen enough of him to know if he's worth keeping around.

One more thing that I hate to mention. Is Pouncey going to be dependable in the long run? He's like a bull when he's healthy, but his ankles have failed him in two consecutive seasons, late, when we needed him the most. Is there some sort of brace that he could wear on both ankles whenever he plays, to keep him from getting more of these damned sprains? Just asking.

he could work on both strength/condition and wear brace(s) for certain
being that he's pretty athletic for a big man to begin with, I don't think his dropoff in mobility would be much noticed

GetRiot

Warn the others...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my major issues with your cut/keep is cutting farrior and keeping leftwich. I have never been impressed with byron, I think batch is a more intelligent qb and despite his age he is rarely injured.

Farrior is aged as well, but there is a reason he is still a starter and repeatedly a captain. His time is short, that is for sure, but he knows Dick's system in and out and is a phenominal leader and can read the offense like a pro. I dont think he is putting that much extra on troy's plate either. If that was the case and he was such a burden, the multi-million dollar-making professionals would probably have pulled him by now.

Also, I would not consider lebeaux as simply ok for the time being. I think they should hang on to him as long as humanly possible. he is a defensive genius.

GetRiot

Warn the others...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the pouncy problem, that one is just a hard call... do they put time and money to strengthen him and hope he becomes as durable as he needs to be, or should they trade/cut him and look now for a center while the lookin is good?

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that LeBeau should stay. Ariens needs to go. He has little in the way of imagination or creativity, and gets conservative at EXACTLY the wrong times.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And REGARDLESS of who the OC is, that friggin bubble screen needs to be ripped out of the book, at least in long-yardage situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.