• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL STEELERS BS THREAD..PART5

Status
Not open for further replies.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all runs are open @ the local area but the base is still just 12"...i'll give it a week, i prefer to not have to strip and wax my board every time i go up

GetRiot

Warn the others...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all runs are open @ the local area but the base is still just 12"...i'll give it a week, i prefer to not have to strip and wax my board every time i go up

amen to that, I have a new board and I want the factory wax to last as long as humanly possible. We are supposed to get snow this wednesday, Im crossin my fingers for some decent pow in park city

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm flat out tired of arguing with ignorant people.....and i don't mean OD......but the people who flame on grotesquely disgusting topics just to get a rise outta someone

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm flat out tired of arguing with ignorant people.....and i don't mean OD......but the people who flame on grotesquely disgusting topics just to get a rise outta someone

that was a shit thread,that's why I left

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's about a suicide,,,I got tired of it real quick,wyo stayed a while longer than I would have

i feel very strongly about awareness and understanding when it comes to depression/suicide

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and it had since been taken over by a bunch of trolls and flamers

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found it...and I see what you mean.

Don't think I'm gonna weigh in on that one.

A fellow I know killed himself. Was clinically depressed, couldn't afford his meds, and was in danger of losing his home to foreclosure. I guess he just couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. To call what he did "selfish," as that OD guy was doing...that seems a little over the top. Anyway, that's one topic I won't argue about...not worth it.

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i feel very strongly about awareness and understanding when it comes to depression/suicide

I have a friend he's got way to many problems to list,I have talked him down 3 times in the last 4 years,he's Bi-polar,that just spells trouble

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found it...and I see what you mean.

Don't think I'm gonna weigh in on that one.

A fellow I know killed himself. Was clinically depressed, couldn't afford his meds, and was in danger of losing his home to foreclosure. I guess he just couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. To call what he did "selfish," as that OD guy was doing...that seems a little over the top. Anyway, that's one topic I won't argue about...not worth it.

but look @ this

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...i-knew-hs-commited-suicide-6.html#post1473652

Alright. Alright. I am blessed i've never had to deal with this or i guess consider my thoughts as being strong minded.

Many here have gone through hardships in life that I can not relate to and problem with never relate to. Sharing your experiences takes a lot of courage even if it is on a message board. I respect that and the willingess to share and talk about a subject as controversial and opinionated as this one.

the original Post in here was my gut response to the news I just found out and my immediate emotions ran through my fingers onto the keyboard to express myself. Anger I guess is the word you could use because I initially just saw the reactions of those close to the individual that were hurt by his actions.

Now after expressing my initial feelings and hearing those with similar experiences I have a better understanding of what happens, and it's an understanding that I will hopefully never have to fully understand. I appreciate each ones experiences and opinions on this subject. Taking the time to at least attempt to put myself in others shoes I somewhat understand these actions a little better and understand where one might come from. Thankfully im blessed to not exprience if first hand. Those that have, I applaud for getting out of it.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if he gained some insight, maybe it wasn't so bad that he started the thread.

But I'm still not gonna argue about it. The fellow I knew was a pretty good guy. Lots of people liked him and would have helped, if they'd known how far down he really was. I know that he wasn't thinking straight...he didn't get his affairs in order. Didn't even make arrangements for the care of his dog. That dog now lives in my home, BTW. A good dog, but very needy...pet him for a minute, and he wants an hour. I wonder if he still misses his original owner?

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times do you think the last thought a person has is: "Wait, I didn't mean it"?

That may be a total downer, but I just think that might happen more than we think.

No one in their "right mind" would do it. That's why for me I can't jump to conclusions judging the person. I just feel bad for them & those left behind.

Hey - someone start talking about something else, o.k.?

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How 'bout them Packers?

No - that doesn't cheer me up.

Let's go Steelers - take the 'Niners down!

That's a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.