• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL STEELERS BS THREAD..PART3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GetRiot

Warn the others...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for football to get back to being a contact sport again, there is nothing wrong with protecting the players, but treatin them like they're made of glass is just ridiculous

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta believe that knowing Ben and how he plays they won't use a quick whistle on him. I just wish they'd back track on the whole roughing the qb calls and then they wouldn't need this.

congrats on 50 posts....you're a real hooplan now!

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do hope that "in the grasp" DOESN'T include when a QB is still moving to some degree under his own power, and still trying to throw the ball. Ben has spun or pulled out of the grasp and completed big plays many times. If plays are blown dead under those circumstances, I will be truly pissed, and will call on some of my Sicilian relatives to have a nice chat with Mr. Good-duhh.

GetRiot

Warn the others...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrats on losin the strings....you're a real boy now!

P_a_real_boy.sized.jpg

fify

GetRiot

Warn the others...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do hope that "in the grasp" DOESN'T include when a QB is still moving to some degree under his own power, and still trying to throw the ball. Ben has spun or pulled out of the grasp and completed big plays many times. If plays are blown dead under those circumstances, I will be truly pissed, and will call on some of my Sicilian relatives to have a nice chat with Mr. Good-duhh.

yeah ben comes up big under serious pressure a lot of the time. killin those possible game-making plays would be a gigantic disservice

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riot, I was back-reading, and saw what you wrote about that publisher possibly stealing your ideas.

Quick suggestion: photocopy the concept stuff you drew for them (and make sure that the copies are good and clear). Put them in an envelope...use a real stamp, not a postage meter, and mail it to yourself. Instant copyright ! !

Oh...DON'T OPEN IT...KEEP IT FOR EVIDENCE. And once you've got it back, you could contact the publisher and let them know that you've copyrighted the material. Then they may think twice before publishing it without paying you. :evil:

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riot, I was back-reading, and saw what you wrote about that publisher possibly stealing your ideas.

Quick suggestion: photocopy the concept stuff you drew for them (and make sure that the copies are good and clear). Put them in an envelope...use a real stamp, not a postage meter, and mail it to yourself. Instant copyright ! !

Oh...DON'T OPEN IT...KEEP IT FOR EVIDENCE. And once you've got it back, you could contact the publisher and let them know that you've copyrighted the material. Then they may think twice before publishing it without paying you. :evil:

my dad had a buddy that would do this when he wrote songs except he would put the postage on the back (half on and half off of the flap) so it would have to be torn in order to open the envelope

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like thegangs all here

GetRiot

Warn the others...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard of that trick before, but I am covered because they were given digital copies, and the computer will tell anyone who looks what day the file was created on. Also, I have the originals

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rules rules rules we have enough rules

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wyo: yes, your dad's friend was doing it the best way, but I don't know if today's computerized postal machines can detect a stamp on the back. Might have to put one on the back, half-over the flap, and one in the normal place. And you'd want to take it to the post office, and have them hand-cancel it at the counter, in your presence.

Riot, at the risk of sounding like an ad for Trojans, you're not fully protected. As the "experts" hired by the publisher will surely testify, computer-dated materials are easy to fake. And having the originals isn't the same as having them COPYRIGHTED. A postal copyright is legally recognized as a valid one.

I did this with my first book before sending it to ANY publishers, no matter how reputable.

Some day, you may want to thank me, but you needn't. Just lookin' out for a fellow stillerz fan. :D

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the machines don't care which side of the envelope the flap is on....they can only fing the stamp and address...they will just assume that is the front

GetRiot

Warn the others...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well maybe I'll give that a whirl then. Those scam artists are a bunch of pieces of poopoo

Steelersrie

Go Lil E #88
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riot ~

North and Wyo have given you great advice.

please, mail yourself the copies... protect your future and cover your assets sweetie

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see where Burris has a new interview coming out ,he unloads on the Giants and thier fans,and the NY city mayor,,,I can't say that I don't agree with him

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he even takes ashot at Ely

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aw, geez...I can be so friggin' absent-minded sometimes. I'd probably forget my own name if I didn't sign it a couple of times a day.

Wyo's right. I'd forgotten the trick to get around the double-postage problem. After you seal the envelope, you write the "to" and return addresses on the side with the flap, and leave what you'd normally think of as the front blank. When you put the stamp on the upper-right corner, it's partially over the flap.

Yup, as far as the Postal Service is concerned, the side with the writing and the stamp IS the front. Duh. :L

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rie, I saw where you wrote that the Steelers aren't on locally in Tally this week. Check around...some bars have the NFL Sunday ticket, and enough screens to show all the games. Up here, Steeler Nation gathers at Buffalo Wild Wings, where they show EVERY game at the same time. Do you have BW2 down there?

Status
Not open for further replies.