• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL STEELERS BS THREAD..PART 15

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Ewa PGH Fan

How's it going dude????

December 1st...

I got it circled on the calender!!!!!!

That goes for that @FaCe-LeE-uS fella too

:trash:

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones is an upgrade over Peterman. Of course, I'm an upgrade over Peterman, so low hanging fruit.

That's true. Landry Jones might actually walk in to a starting job in Buffalo, depending on how rook does.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS
@ATL96Steeler

Get yourn arsses in here......

So I've noticed a trend with our guys here and wanted to get your input.....
Over the last 3 to 4 years the vets on this team have been playing less and less in preseason.
Now yes, we all understand the preseason injury factor. But what if these slow, shitty stats are because these guys are not getting enough work together or work period, and can't get their shit together until week 4 or 5.
I mean this isn't the first year these guys can't get shit done right in the first quarter of the season.

Back in the day these vets always played at least one series and the 4th game played an entire quarter.
Tomlin had Ben play one series the entire preseason.......
Could this be what I'm seeing, they are not getting the work in in preseason and are still shaking off rust thru week 5???

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS
@ATL96Steeler

Get yourn arsses in here......

So I've noticed a trend with our guys here and wanted to get your input.....
Over the last 3 to 4 years the vets on this team have been playing less and less in preseason.
Now yes, we all understand the preseason injury factor. But what if these slow, shitty stats are because these guys are not getting enough work together or work period, and can't get their shit together until week 4 or 5.
I mean this isn't the first year these guys can't get shit done right in the first quarter of the season.

Back in the day these vets always played at least one series and the 4th game played an entire quarter.
Tomlin had Ben play one series the entire preseason.......
Could this be what I'm seeing, they are not getting the work in in preseason and are still shaking off rust thru week 5???

Agree 100%, but it's league wide...most vet teams are not really playing much more than a Qtr or two...the OL may play a whole game out of the 4 games played.

No question it's had some impact...you obviously want to win as many games as possible so that means 1Q, 2Q, etc. but ideally we want them playing their best in Dec/Jan.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question it's had some impact...you obviously want to win as many games as possible so that means 1Q, 2Q, etc. but ideally we want them playing their best in Dec/Jan.

I hope we are still in the hunt by then for their best play to count. If not then I think we would be hoping we would've started out the gate better.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we are still in the hunt by then for their best play to count. If not then I think we would be hoping we would've started out the gate better.

No question, especially the way the AFC is looking right now, but the cream will rise to the top.

We've seen a lot of teams with great 1st Qs but couldn't finish....the standings will start to take some form after about 8-10 weeks.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%, but it's league wide...most vet teams are not really playing much more than a Qtr or two...the OL may play a whole game out of the 4 games played.

I also blame the CBA and the lack of hitting in practice and 2-a-days. They don't have the intense game like practices anymore and it shows. I know it's a balance between getting ready and staying healthy but it's swung too far the other way and play earlier in the season has suffered for it league wide.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also blame the CBA and the lack of hitting in practice and 2-a-days. They don't have the intense game like practices anymore and it shows. I know it's a balance between getting ready and staying healthy but it's swung too far the other way and play earlier in the season has suffered for it league wide.

I don't really know who to blame...it's easy to blame the players because they are the voice behind less contact, less practice, etc...but they are the ones feeling all the aches and pains.

If there is a silver lining...with the exception of KC and LAR, they all seem to be suffering so it makes for a jumbled up bunch of teams early on.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a valid point, but I still think the coaching in the 1st quarter is far worse than the play by the personnel. Just my opinion.

Our coaches are a bunch of stubborn mules. They don't make changes until they've been taken out to pasture multiple times.